Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An odd use for newborns

Posted by cfdavep 
An odd use for newborns
September 20, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/navy-hospital-staffers-removed-sharing-134659964.html

Two staff members decided to dress a couple of them up and did a weird little video.
Re: An odd use for newborns
September 20, 2017
Okay, "mini Satans" is funny.

The article I read was pretty slanted; they described the dance thing as "forcing" the baby to dance "like a puppet." I'm not sure I'd describe that sort of thing as "forcing." Forcing implies resistance. Doubt these babies knew what was happening; the "dancing" one doesn't seem to be distressed, and the nurse is being gentle. I think this is a major overreaction to people being bored (and possibly overworked) on the job.
September 20, 2017
I think it's horribly unprofessional (and possibly a HIPAA violation), BUT...

I still think the dancing one is fucking funny. If I found out today that either of those things were done to me as a newborn I would find it hilarious. Also don't tell me there aren't a bunch of bored parents who have done that to their own kids before. eye rolling smiley
September 20, 2017
rudeawakening
I still think the dancing one is fucking funny. If I found out today that either of those things were done to me as a newborn I would find it hilarious. Also don't tell me there aren't a bunch of bored parents who have done that to their own kids before. eye rolling smiley

That's what I figured, too. What parent hasn't sat their baby on their lap and pretended they were dancing to something? They were unprofessional, I agree, but they weren't hurting anyone.
September 21, 2017
rudeawakening
I think it's horribly unprofessional (and possibly a HIPAA violation), BUT...

I'm pretty sure that if a nurse in the NICU (that's pretty much where I spent the first three months of life, since I was born two months prematurely and weighed 4.5 lbs. at birth) had done something like this and I found it out later on, like you, I would think it was LMAO material, too. Instead they were probably stuck with a cranky, hung-over baby (my egg incubator decided to make her pregnancy an on again-off again cocktail party), but I suspect that my egg incubator and/or sperm donor probably did this with me when they were bored. I'd take being a dancing baby over being a cranky hung-over baby any day, but, hey, that's just me.

I really think that the whole thing is being blown all out of proportion. Yeah, maybe the "mini-Satans" wasn't the smartest thing to say (though still funny as hell), but I really doubt that the infants were harmed in any way. Unprofessional? Yes (IMO). Worthy of all the brouhaha? No way.
September 21, 2017
moos frequently blow things out of proportion.
I have a pic of the baby duct-taped to a wall. along with it's duckie.
I thought it was funny, but then, I tend to react to things more like a guy on some topics.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
September 21, 2017
kittehpeoples
Okay, "mini Satans" is funny.

The article I read was pretty slanted; they described the dance thing as "forcing" the baby to dance "like a puppet." I'm not sure I'd describe that sort of thing as "forcing." Forcing implies resistance. Doubt these babies knew what was happening; the "dancing" one doesn't seem to be distressed, and the nurse is being gentle. I think this is a major overreaction to people being bored (and possibly overworked) on the job.

Distressed infants cry. Nothing was crying here.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 21, 2017
Not supporting this in any way, as it was unprofessional and stupid. However, when I was in training, I remember the trainers referring to loafs from junkie moos were 'runts'. Little Satan's is probably the least offensive term they could name some of the absolute horrors they would have to deal with. Heck, the adult versions of them are damned right hell on earth, and the crotch nuggets are simply smaller, younger versions of their parents - so I wouldn't say Little Satans are far off.

Plus, knowing the absolute model parents that some of them have, a bit of gentle movements and costumes are the least of their worries, when they will probably be drop kicked into walls, or sold into prostitution, so their gene donors can get their next hit (yes, this does happen).
September 21, 2017
Just saw a headline that these employees had (unsurprisingly) been fired. But the absolutely best part was that, further down in the news feed, there was an "adorable" video of a father "dancing" his infant.

So why is one getting cooed over and the other is abusive?
September 22, 2017
Same reason why when a breeder roasts their kid in a hot car, it's an "accident" because they "forgot" and a million excuses are made as to why the breeder should not be sent to prison. A babysitter, nanny, or daycare worker who legitimately forgets a kid gets strung up, tarred, and feathered.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
September 23, 2017
good lord, just finished watching 'the strain'... the b+ infants? oy

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
September 24, 2017
paragon schnitzophonic
Same reason why when a breeder roasts their kid in a hot car, it's an "accident" because they "forgot" and a million excuses are made as to why the breeder should not be sent to prison. A babysitter, nanny, or daycare worker who legitimately forgets a kid gets strung up, tarred, and feathered.

Yup. Breeders are perfect and beyond reproach. (Unless you're another breeder; then you can criticize how other breeders raise their kids to your heart's content.)
September 30, 2017
Some of those newborns are HUGE! WOW! That had to have hurt!exploding face
September 30, 2017
If these nurses are CF, they are certainly putting us in a very dark light. I suspect they are CL wannabreeds, but who knows? These types of videos are one of the reasons why CF are looked down upon. Nobody will see them as CL fencesitters, only the fact that they don't have sprogs and have no respect for other people's sprogs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login