Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oz SSM vote and 'think of the childrun!!!'censored bar

Posted by nokidsandhappy 
Oz SSM vote and 'think of the childrun!!!'censored bar
September 21, 2017
In Australia at the moment there is a non-legally binding postal vote (ignoring that non-binding clusterf---) on whether the Australian law should be changed to allow same-sex marriage. Similar to other like campaigns elsewhere in the world, the deranged conservative / religious nuts / god-botherers have hijacked the 'No' side with relentless screeching of The Simpsons' Helen Lovejoys' shrieks of 'think of the children'.

Forgetting that the vote is simply about changing a law for gays to marry, this has turned into a vile, homophobic campaign hiding behind the 'think of the children' slippery slope logical fallacy. Here's an example of the publically tv commercials of this ridiculous nonsense. (Keep in mind that the vote is simply about two adults having the right to marriage under Oz law, nothing else!)

Gah! Think of the Childrun
Gah! Think of the Gender!

(I'll save you the links of some of the extreme-nuts public ramblings/posters, dredging up arguments of pedophilia and marring bridges!)

The problem is that all the brain-dead moos and duhs will buy into this rubbish, and start believing the scaremongering idiocy. Probably think that there will be gangs of roving married gays, forcibly dressing their cherubs in drag or other idiotic stupidity. The worst is the petrified half-wit factor, where idiots like the aforementioned actually vote against logic reasoning on mass, simply cause they bought into the deranged scaremongering, similar to what happened in with the Trump election.
Re: Oz SSM vote and 'think of the childrun!!!'censored bar
September 21, 2017
I've never understood how letting other people get married somehow negatively affects someone else's marriage...goes double for how it affects their children. As for children being raised by gays, well, I'd rather deal with people raised by loving gay parents than unhappy/unloving straight ones who stayed married "for the children." And how often do we see and hear that phrase? It's not like straight people have the magic formula for raising children correctly. eye rolling smiley
September 22, 2017
kittehpeoples
I've never understood how letting other people get married somehow negatively affects someone else's marriage...goes double for how it affects their children. As for children being raised by gays, well, I'd rather deal with people raised by loving gay parents than unhappy/unloving straight ones who stayed married "for the children." And how often do we see and hear that phrase? It's not like straight people have the magic formula for raising children correctly. eye rolling smiley

I'm still scratching my head on why marriage has to be regulated by the government, at all? It should be a private contract, with all terms spelled out, and a plan put in place for possible future dissolution.
October 03, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
kittehpeoples

I'm still scratching my head on why marriage has to be regulated by the government, at all? It should be a private contract, with all terms spelled out, and a plan put in place for possible future dissolution.

Well, what about marrying more than one person? Courts have say on contracts when there's a problem. Also, they have legal benefits to marriage, which is making your mate a family member, so they are involved in many ways in the marriage.
October 03, 2017
Geez, it was only a matter of time before the fucking Hillsong brigade started shrieking about this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login