Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flint water crisis leads to infertility

Posted by cfdavep 
Flint water crisis leads to infertility
September 22, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lead-flints-water-linked-decline-birth-rate-study-finds-224123699.html#comments

The Flint MI water crisis has apparently led to a decrease in fertility and according to the media less welfare babies is a bad thing
Re: Flint water crisis leads to infertility
September 22, 2017
cfdavep
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lead-flints-water-linked-decline-birth-rate-study-finds-224123699.html#comments

The Flint MI water crisis has apparently led to a decrease in fertility and according to the media less welfare babies is a bad thing

The story of Flint is a tragic lesson. The main thing to take away from the incident as a whole is that Big Government can't, or won't help you, and if you are poor you'd better work your ass off and make every possible decision you can to be as self-sufficient as you possibly can be. Whether you are on your rooftop after Katrina, or protesting the poisoned water in Flint... the nanny-state is inept and incapable of helping you.

You can flame me, ridicule me, whatever you like, but the truth is that infertility is the *least* of the problems for your average working class person.
September 22, 2017
I agree somewhat, S54; poor people tend to get the shitty end of the stick, but that's the way our system works. Money talks, etc. But I believe government should make sure drinking water is safe, that seems pretty basic. You shouldn't have to be wealthy to get decent water. Anyway...

It's interesting to note that all the early news stories about Flint's water focused on the cognitive effects on chyldren. Now we find out that lead screws up adults' fertility. Is there anything in news media that doesn't somehow link back to Kyds? And no, infertility is not the worst thing that can happen to anyone, despite what some think.
September 22, 2017
cj
I agree somewhat, S54; poor people tend to get the shitty end of the stick, but that's the way our system works. Money talks, etc. But I believe government should make sure drinking water is safe, that seems pretty basic. You shouldn't have to be wealthy to get decent water. Anyway...

It's interesting to note that all the early news stories about Flint's water focused on the cognitive effects on chyldren. Now we find out that lead screws up adults' fertility. Is there anything in news media that doesn't somehow link back to Kyds? And no, infertility is not the worst thing that can happen to anyone, despite what some think.

I agree... the water should be safe. My point is that "should be" and "will be" are different concepts, and if you are counting on government to make things right, you could end up very disappointed. Particularly as infrastructure crumbles and tax revenues evaporate, self-reliance is going to take on added importance. We're going to need a lot less whining, a lot less breeding, and a lot more making things happen on an individual and community level.

Forget politics, because this isn't political. Forget parties and forget cults of personality because neither the Messiah Obama nor God Emperor Trump will be able to fix the quandaries we will find ourselves in by mid century.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login