Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh Crap! New Neighbors

Posted by starlady 
Oh Crap! New Neighbors
September 22, 2017
Well, do you remember when I told you that we had a big house built next to ours? Well, today they are moving in... Have not met them yet but it looks like 2 boys around 8 or 9 and one shespawn about 3 and......and...... A FREEKIN LOAF IN THE OVEN!! (at least that's what it looks like) My new deck is almost done...so now I am pricing a big row of fast growing privacy trees. Don't want an ugly fence. Looks like I can get them for about $20 each and I think I'll need about 10. I knew this was going to happen. Sprogs are already screaming over there and it echo's pretty loud in an empty house. Luckly I can't hear them with the windows and doors closed tight....but who wants to live like that. Wish we would have moved to a 55+ community. Grrrrrr........ Just getting my house how I want it and .....it's gotta be spoiled by brats. We can only pray they will be behaved once settled.
Re: Oh Crap! New Neighbors
September 22, 2017
Build the fence at the edge of your property line, then plant the trees in front of it. Noise reduction and you don't have to see the fence.
September 22, 2017
Hoping they will build a fence at the edge of the property.. and save me that cost. Going to plant the trees in a couple weeks and then wait and see if they build a fence. If they don't by next summer I'll think about it.
September 23, 2017
Hope they're not total hellspawn and are at least reasonably respectful of their neighbours. You can hope.
September 23, 2017
starlady
Hoping they will build a fence at the edge of the property.. and save me that cost. Going to plant the trees in a couple weeks and then wait and see if they build a fence. If they don't by next summer I'll think about it.

I would bite the bullet and build the fence, because you know their children aren't going to respect the boundary line when they play, and they're going to get used to coming into your yard. The only motivation the breeders would have for building a fence would be if they got a dog.

A fence + clinging vines is good noise reduction until the trees grow up.
September 23, 2017
It's pretty awful you have to go through all that just to enjoy your home and property. You can't go anywhere anymore without breeders and their brats stealing every shared resource - noise level, personal space, ambiance - from everyone else.
September 23, 2017
This is a very pretty and reasonably quiet neighborhood. Neighbor across the street is widow with college son living with her, other new neighbors are a retired couple, 4 other homes on the street have older HS and college kids and now (and they will be staying after the kyds are gone because they just moved in a year ago)...right next to me...these kids have to move in. Why me? LOL They zoom in on the one CFhome in the neighborhood. Actually our home is the first you see when you turn on the block. Just one block of new homes and ours was the model...very well landscaped. Hope these people at least take some pride in their home like the rest of us are doing. You always have to worry when you get a new neighbor. You take pride in your home..but will they do the same?

We are still in the process of getting our custom deck and patio built and that is costing a 'pretty penny' Hate to put out the money for a fence at this point. Trees and planting will run us over $200 and then a fence (a decent one) will cost over $500. Not really ready to spend that yet..but will if I have to. The people at my old house...on both sides...had kids and we never heard them and barely saw them. No fence and no trees... just good parents.

Oh well, I'll let them get moved in and settled and see how it goes...but I KNOW I still at least want the trees just to make for a better view off my deck... instead of looking at the 5 windows on the side of their house that face directly at MINE.
September 23, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/Creating-Privacy-Garden-Julia-Fogg/dp/0706377109/ref=pd_sim_14_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NGJRARSA7VFVBYY63QB2

Probaly it is VERY pricey to really block them out. We have an older single lady beside us and a family with a college kid next door so quiet here. But when the older lady moves, dh said if a family moves in we are out
September 23, 2017
I'm going thru the same thing currently, in short, like right now, the street is closed ONLY in front of my house, because my childed neighbors have a "block party" for their daughter's b-day every year, along w/ salsa music till 11pm and a buncha bullshit every yr. Of course, we're 'invited' but they just do that to be nice because they know what a pain in the fuckn ass they are.

My neighborhood was so nice, and as you know kids basically stay inside these days and don't go out and play anyway, but my neighbors have these huge parties for their kids that take up the entire area. And are just adult parties and excuses to drink and put loud noise next to my house. NO ONE else in the neighbor far and wide does this but them....and they HAD to buy the house next to me.

Also, last year I had to cancel a garage sale because they forgot to tell me( it's always just me they forget even tho I'm the closest), you would thing they would never 'forget again' but they did this year too...........she brought over a case of beer and apologized. But I think it is just for show....and before you suggest certain things....he's a cop and everyone's city workers......it wouldnt be worth my while to do anything and try to live in harmony the rest of the time.

My family were cops too, but we didn't take advantage...........
September 23, 2017
Fortunately I don't hear well and I can't hear the brats playing out front of my house. Thankfully, I've a back bedroom of the boarding house and face trees.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 25, 2017
They ran their go-carts under my window till 11pm. You'd think the moo would say, guys--you had enough fun w/ the go-karts today, since it's 9p or so, let's play ON OUR SIDE of the street and do something a little bit more quiet. But nooooo, moo is having a party and it's anything goes for her kids. That's fun moomie!
September 25, 2017
cfuter
They ran their go-carts under my window till 11pm. You'd think the moo would say, guys--you had enough fun w/ the go-karts today, since it's 9p or so, let's play ON OUR SIDE of the street and do something a little bit more quiet. But nooooo, moo is having a party and it's anything goes for her kids. That's fun moomie!

Check the noise ordinances in your town. If they're blasting music, parties or go-carts past the noise time, call the police on them and let them know wassup. I've done that twice on my neighbors and now they respect the local laws.
September 25, 2017
All summer long I've heard kids too young to create sentences screeching and yelling until 10 p.m. or later in the adjacent apartment complex. Luckily light is dropping off rapidly with fall and the voices are quieting earlier at night. Gotta love the boogeyman!!
September 26, 2017
Because I've had my own hellacious experiences with bad neighbors with hellspawn, I would find the money to put up the highest fence allowed BEFORE they get comfy with being in YOUR yard. I'm afraid that they're going to find your new deck fascinating, especially once they see you enjoying it. Man, I'm having the heebie jeebies just thinking about it (baaaaaad previous experience).
September 26, 2017
Boy, what luck! The son-in-law of our handiman is a landscaper. He'll get the right trees for what we want and bring them over and plant them... and maybe we'll get more landscaping at the same time. He even does FENCES!

Finally.. after all the helpful friends and fambly who were next door helping the neighbors move in.. I have discovered that it is a family of 3 kids. The two boys, about 7 and 8 and a girl who is not quite school age. So far they are pretty quiet. Gone all day to work, school and daycare..apparently. However... ONE piece of 'kindercrap' has just appeared in the yard. Yikes! Where are my trees???
September 26, 2017
Peace
cfuter

Check the noise ordinances in your town. If they're blasting music, parties or go-carts past the noise time, call the police on them and let them know wassup. I've done that twice on my neighbors and now they respect the local laws.

On Saturday, it's till 11p, I know that and they know that and they tend to stop, but as I said above a few days ago, theyre cops, if I snitch on them, there will be no living w/ them in the long run and all the other city worker neighbors. This year she gave us their cell numbers so we can text them, but that is just a passive aggressive move. She said if her dog barking gets on our nerves just knock on their door....well,....as I said, they know they are PITAs. If everyone knocked on their door, there would be line to complain about their dog. And, if I texted them w/ all my complaints, it would be every single thing they do because they are very loud, very messy, have birthday parties every other weekend, and act like they own the street. I guess my first complaint is this....why do you get a permit every year to close down the street for your daughter's birthday party?????? Is she a Queen? Most people who want to rent those huge jumpy houses and other blow up monstrosities for their kids GO TO THE FOREST PRESERVES AND HAVE THE FUCKING PARTY THERE. But no, not my neighbors......
September 26, 2017
cfuter

Better yet, those brats need to be in bed asleep.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 26, 2017
craftyzits
cfuter

Better yet, those brats need to be in bed asleep.

Bedtimes? Enforced bedtimes? Le gasp!
September 29, 2017
Yeah, I hear ya! I have a few shriekers living in the neighbourhood, and it can get pretty loud around here.

Mr. M6 likes to sit on our patio with the neighbour and have a few beers, listen to tunes, etc. until around 3:00am on weekends. Fortunately, we have a huge yard and there's been no complaints. He is quite respectful of noise, and we don't want to start any shit with the breeder assholes who live here.

If I hear anything getting too over the top, I just go outside and tell them that they're keeping me awake. Usually that works pretty well. Husband is quiet, but man oh man...our neighbour has a loud voice.

Tit for tat, as far as I'm concerned, but I don't want us to get into trouble either...
October 10, 2017
Well, we have our privacy trees (even though they won't be privacy trees.. really.. for a few years) Today I see markers out there. New neighbors are putting up a FENCE!! Yippeeeee! I saved on that. Just hope the fence isn't ugly or I will just have to plant more shrubbery in the spring. LOL Could be a jungle between us before this is all over.
October 10, 2017
Good fences make good neighbors.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 14, 2017
my mom bought the house I am in when I was a kid, some 45 years ago or so. she made improvements as she could. finally put in a 5 foot fence. later, she added some of those decorative cedar picket type fences. I don't know what the term is, but one side is decorative, the other side is the cut half of the poles and the transverse board where the uprights are nailed to. a garbage famblee moved into the next door house (down the street) shortly after we did. when mom had the fence put up, the dickdud had the gall to call up and yell at mom demanding she put the decorative side facing him. she was not to be daunted, yelled back, a few choice terms, and told him he could buy his own fence and put it up facing his house. she would have been fine with that. needless to say, they never did.
this is the same jackass who kicked the up the street neighbors dog: this guy came down and challenged this little prick to a kicking context. He was about 6' 2 and weighed at least 250, and it wasn't fat. the dicktard was maybe 5' 5" and about 160 or so. don't think he took the up the street neighbor on the challenge.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login