Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spastic brats

Posted by ondinette 
Spastic brats
October 04, 2017
I did a little shopping today. Twice I was endangered by a brat twirling, running in circles, flailing its arms around, and in one case rolling around on the floor. These were not toddlers. Both were definitely school age.

I've said it before: When I was a brat I had too much energy. But I learned very early to be mindful of other people in public and not bump into them. Today's parents can't be arsed to teach their DNA dumplings a damn thing. I cringe when I see one of these not so little lunatics near an elderly, disabled, or very small adult. I'm disabled, just not in a visible way. If I got hurt by one of these spastic brats I would be loudly letting everyone know I am disabled, and a veteran.
Re: Spastic brats
October 04, 2017
I can't count the number of times I've seen breeders and brats behaving very badly in public. I've seen school-age brats nearly knocking elderly people down while running, I've been bumped by mini shopping carts in grocery stores, and the shrieking...the fucking shrieking!

I hate to say this, but I suspect that if you were to be knocked over by some little bastard and you told its handlers that you are a disabled vet, you'd probably get told to be more careful because how dare you get in their brat's way? I'm becoming more cynical about these creepy bastards all the time.
October 04, 2017
Fucking free range crunchy parenting and their undisciplined spawn. Like, they don’t think for a hot minute, ever, that the world doesn’t revolve around them and their nasty demon brats. Everywhere must be a kyd playground these days and basic manners...well I don’t think the breeders of today give a shit.
October 04, 2017
hell, I have had one of them knock me down before! And so I have adopted a Free-Range Old Fart attitude. If THEY can do and say anything, so can I--as long as I don't TOUCH them--what can they say!? I yell, or at least say loudly--"calm down, hold still and behave" "get out of my way" etc--whatever works. One good thing, is they are totally unused to orders, so they are often so stunned, they go away.
October 04, 2017
A couple of weeks ago I went with DH to Hell Mart. He wanted something very specific there and I decided to tag along. We saw two boys who looked to be around 6 years old who appeared to be with their Grandmoo and Moo.

These two hellions were chasing each other all around the store while their handlers did nothing. When we were in the frozen food section they were LYING ON THE FLOOR AND ROLLING AROUND. Their handlers did nothing, pretty much ignored them. When they opened the freezer doors and started hanging on them, DH told the kid to get off the door. He looked at DH blankly and they kept chasing each other around some more.

Everywhere must be a kyd playground these days and basic manners...well I don’t think the breeders of today give a shit.

Most of the brats I see today are clueless, badly mannered spawn with no regard for anyone else. Hell, their parents are badly behaved as well.
October 04, 2017
I tell the handler of the shrieking crotch cricket that I have an acute migraine. Doesn't matter if I do or don't. If they won't change their behavior, I will go to an employee, and they will usually shut the wee fucker up.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 04, 2017
The last few times I went to Wal-Fart (craft section and $3 DVDs for the win), I've seen loads of kids in numerous states of melting down. Some just doing that extended whining where they sound like they're about to cry, others screaming for whatever thing they want that they couldn't have or just screaming, others rolling around on the floor in the center of the aisle while the parents continue to obliviously peruse the shelves in front of them.

It used to be that when parents brought their brats out into public, that's when they were definitely expected to fucking behave, whereas they could probably get away with more shit at home. Now, it's exactly the opposite. Kids are allowed to behave far worse in public because the average parent believes their responsibilities are suspended once they leave the house and that the rest of us will just happily tolerate their brats' "quiet fussing".

Parents also know a vast majority of people won't actually call them or their kids out on the shitty behavior, including store employees. Not only do staff at various places not get paid enough to give a shit, but calling a person's parenting abilities (or lack thereof) into question seems to be grounds for a discrimination lawsuit as far as some breeders are concerned. If you have a problem with a kid's behavior, it's because you're a meanie-head who obviously doesn't know the rigors of parenthood and therefore are not entitled to have an opinion and should just shut up. If you happen to be a parent, then you don't understand how haaaaaard it is to have a spirited (read: undisciplined) chiiiild! Breeders have a whole pile of stock excuses ready to go when anyone so much as looks at them wrong when their brat's screams are loud enough to cause satellite interference.
October 05, 2017
craftyzits
If they won't change their behavior, I will go to an employee, and they will usually shut the wee fucker up.

If you can spare the time, I think this is the best bet. Unless the employees give absolutely zero shits about their job, or are breeders themselves, they are dying to do something about the little shits but aren't empowered by management to reign in unruly customers except when other customers complain.
October 05, 2017
Over the years, I have learned to react in a dramatic and obvious way when a shameless handler refuses to control their out of control kids or pets.
In a public place, as soon as the offender brushes against me, I fall down.
Sometimes I verbally add that I am disabled and not sure if I will be hurt from the hit.
It seems like the combination of being in public and doing obvious damage to a disabled person are the only things that shame such idiots.
October 05, 2017
cassia
Over the years, I have learned to react in a dramatic and obvious way when a shameless handler refuses to control their out of control kids or pets.
Sometimes I verbally add that I am disabled and not sure if I will be hurt from the hit.
It seems like the combination of being in public and doing obvious damage to a disabled person are the only things that shame such idiots.

I wonder if you can even count on that...remember the case in the UK with the stroller jerk on the bus who refused to make way for a wheelchair?
October 05, 2017
yurble
cassia

I wonder if you can even count on that...remember the case in the UK with the stroller jerk on the bus who refused to make way for a wheelchair?

I do not assume that all guilty people will be ashamed.
I am just trying to increase the odds of civil and responsible behaviour.
October 05, 2017
I would complain to the employees if the problem was persistent or I felt the brat was targeting me personally. If I got hit I might scream and fall down. But in both cases the other day I was only near the brat briefly and nothing happened. The second time I was in Trader Joe's and holding one of those small cups of coffee you can get for free. It was not really hot because I like a lot of creamer, so it would not have hurt the brat if I had dropped it on her, just would have made a mess her moo would have had to clean up. Moo was right there and not saying a word about Brat's behavior. I wonder if this would work?

One thing I am learning is to play the disabled veteran card whenever I can. It might not always work, but anything that might encourage people to not treat me like shit is worth trying.
October 06, 2017
Cambion
Breeders have a whole pile of stock excuses ready to go when anyone so much as looks at them wrong when their brat's screams are loud enough to cause satellite interference.

I agree with everything you said, but, thank you....this made me laugh hard.
October 06, 2017
bitca
Cambion
Breeders have a whole pile of stock excuses ready to go when anyone so much as looks at them wrong when their brat's screams are loud enough to cause satellite interference.

I agree with everything you said, but, thank you....this made me laugh hard.

It is because of this I carry an MP3 player in my purse at all times with in ear headphones.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 08, 2017
LOL. I totally misread this to mean that the screaming interrupted your MP3 player's ability to play. I need coffee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login