Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loaf at Rehearsal

Posted by starlady 
Loaf at Rehearsal
October 07, 2017
Okay... I am in a group. We do performances for different things. Fall is coming up on our busy season with Thanksgiving and Christmas presentations.

The other evening 7 of us and our 'director' got together for a short rehearsal for something we are doing this Monday evening. One member of the group who is not involved in this presentation (but her husband is) showed up with her 6 week old sprog in tow.
We were in the middle of the 'director' going over a part with a new person who needed to be instructed in the role she was playing as she had never done it before. So the new girl is walking through her part... and the 'director' .. it was like she went into another world/ personality when the loaf entered the room. Loaf was sleeping when it arrived... and director' said ... "I am waiting for her to wake up"

I said "let sleeping baybees lie" (mostly everyone laughed at that remark)

While 'director' was cooing over sleeping loaf.. new girl was going through her part...and did a few things wrong. I pointed it out to 'director' I said "you need to tell her to turn the other way"

'Director' is focused on baybee... actually making noises so it DID wake up. ONce it woke up ...she grabbed it and held it for the rest of the evening. She barely directed us. Just let us go through our parts while holding this loaf. I have a part where I had to have a dialoge with 'director' (who also has a part) Had to do it with her holding that loaf. She was infatuated! Our rehearsal was a shambles because of that loaf. Now it would have been okay if moo would have sat in the back with the kyd... but this 'director' had to run and make a big spectical out of how spechal loafly was. So it wasn't really the moo who was stalking ... it was the 'director'.... who was shoving the thing into everyone's faces... and NOT doing her job.

She knew I was not happy. I said at one point "can we just get through this and play with the baybee later?"

She got mad at me!!! I live an hour from the place and wanted to get done with what we had to do and get home. There was no need for her to ohh and ahh all over that kyd till we were done. I didn't stick around after my part was done but I think there were a few more people there who 'quietly' agreed with me. I was the only one who spoke out. OH.. and after I DID speak up... the moo came and took (now fussing) loaf away from 'director.' Maybe she's not quite a moo. She saw the situation and corrected it. (shouldn't have let it happen in the first place.. but director was so quick to grab baybee..it was weird)

Anyhow... thought this was a different kind of babystalking.
Re: Loaf at Rehearsal
October 07, 2017
Pursuing your personal interests when other people are relying on your participation in a group activity is just plain rude. Yet I bet she'd be quick to decry "youth today" who pull out phones in company and ignore the people in their immediate surroundings. Phone, baby, what's the difference? It's rude because it is disrespectful of other people's time.
October 07, 2017
yurble
Pursuing your personal interests when other people are relying on your participation in a group activity is just plain rude. Yet I bet she'd be quick to decry "youth today" who pull out phones in company and ignore the people in their immediate surroundings. Phone, baby, what's the difference? It's rude because it is disrespectful of other people's time.

EXACTLY! Before rehearsal started she did tell everyone to TURN OFF THEIR PHONES or put them on mute and not to check them while we were rehearsing. Then she does all the babystalking crap.
October 07, 2017
starlady
yurble

EXACTLY! Before rehearsal started she did tell everyone to TURN OFF THEIR PHONES or put them on mute and not to check them while we were rehearsing. Then she does all the babystalking crap.

If the loaf comes back and there's a repeat stalking performance, just pull out your phone. If anything is said, just say, "Oh, I thought we were on a break"
October 07, 2017
That would have been so annoying. It's bad enough during a social occasion, but you were trying to get something done.

This is one of the many reasons I am frequently regarding my own sex with disdain. Baybee crazy? Unable to carry on an adult conversation once a loaf enters a room? Doing that squeal-y voice thing and baybee talk? Forgetting anything else you were doing/discussing? Grates on my nerves like a thousand fingernails going down a chalkboard.

Men don't act like that--so why do women have to go off the deep end? While we're at it, let's go ahead and act like idiots around small humans. Keep giving men and society all the ammunition they need to declare women are unstable and "hormonal" and "driven by biology to nuture" and that any woman who doesn't act like a moron around kids is AbnormalTM or ColdTM.

Now that I'm in my mid 50's, I think it's even more unappealing when a bunch of old biddies go apeshit over baybees. DH's relatives did this not too long ago. I was like, um, it's a small human, what's the big deal?
October 07, 2017
Yeah, this woman is in her late 60's so she does have those 'rabies' going on. I am not much younger and, thank goodness, those 'rabies' have escaped me.

There were 3 men there and they had no interest In loafly... but then... the rest of the women (5 not incl me) didn't go all ape shit either. It was just the one woman. Now I don't know how the rest of them acted after I left but at least they stuck to what we were there for.
October 07, 2017
If, in some sort of alternate universe, I were to have sluiced, I would be pretty worried if someone paid a little too much attention to my loaf. I find it extremely creepy and weird when people fawn over strange loaves.
October 07, 2017
Ya know... my mother... and my grandmother were two of those who loved to hold baybees.. but I couldn't see either of them doing what this woman did the other night. She asked if she could hold the loaf after she woke up... and then made noise so she would... and then scooped her up and would not let her go while she continued to direct what we were doing.. walking around .. instructing .. and so on. Just weird. I also noticed that when the loaf started fussing a bit.. she did not try to give it back to mom. Mom had to go and retrieve her dropping. Yeah, that woman did act strange..in my opinion. Just wondering what others there thought of it. May bring it up in one of our 'down'
moments on Monday evening.
October 08, 2017
It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks its creepy and weird when somebody pays too much attention to a stranger's baby. I understand saying hi to it if you're into babies- I say hi to animals if they and their owners seem approachable- but what this woman did is clearly excessive.

Over 20 years ago I briefly joined a bible study group. (I soon decided organized religion is not my thing. I believe in God but all religions have too many things I disagree with). There were two baby-crazy women in the group. Both were single and in their late 30s. One seemed fairly reasonable but the other was totally obsessive of all things baybee. She asked me how old I was and what hospital I was born at because she knew all about the birth procedures at all the local hospitals through the years. I said I did not know what hospital I was born at, and she said "you must not get along with your parents". WTF?! She did other weird and annoying things, like ask very personal questions the first time I met her. I heard she got in serious trouble with her employer. She was a nurse in ob/gyn. Maybe I should google her to see what became of her. She was one of the creepiest women I've ever met.
October 08, 2017
All of us know eachother as we have been in the group for many years...some newer than others,,,but we do know eachother. So she was not doing this to a strangers baybee. Still, there is a time and place for baybee grabbing and that was not it.
October 08, 2017
ondinette
It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks its creepy and weird when somebody pays too much attention to a stranger's baby. I understand saying hi to it if you're into babies- I say hi to animals if they and their owners seem approachable- but what this woman did is clearly excessive.

Over 20 years ago I briefly joined a bible study group. (I soon decided organized religion is not my thing. I believe in God but all religions have too many things I disagree with). There were two baby-crazy women in the group. Both were single and in their late 30s. One seemed fairly reasonable but the other was totally obsessive of all things baybee. She asked me how old I was and what hospital I was born at because she knew all about the birth procedures at all the local hospitals through the years. I said I did not know what hospital I was born at, and she said "you must not get along with your parents". WTF?! She did other weird and annoying things, like ask very personal questions the first time I met her. I heard she got in serious trouble with her employer. She was a nurse in ob/gyn. Maybe I should google her to see what became of her. She was one of the creepiest women I've ever met.

Eww.. that IS creepy. Don' tget the relation of not knowing what hosp. you were born in to not getting along with your parents. Silly thing to say. She does sound obsessed. Did you tell her you were CF? Bet she would have had quite a bit to say about that.
October 08, 2017
I'd bet there were others who shared your frustration with the situation. Yeah, the mom should have taken the baby back, but the director shouldn't have punted her job to coo over a baby to begin with! Hopefully she comes to her senses.
October 09, 2017
I can't relate to the baby infatuation at all. But if the director or one of the persons in attendance sat on her cell phone and virtually ignored everyone around her I highly doubt everyone would have given it a pass.

Entirely too many women are incapable of doing much besides obsessing over romantic relationships or babies. Rarely if ever do you hear men obsessing over these things endlessly. Or maybe women can be temporarily distracted by other things but the minute their romantic relationship or a baby appear all sense of perspective is gone.
October 10, 2017
Babies hijacking (or the baby rabid) is a good way to fry my eggs.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 11, 2017
Well.... Monday night was performance night. The new girl who I said director was not paying attention to while holding and cooing over loaf... showed up sick (throwing up) so director had to scramble to get a stand in...and then ended up doing the part herself. Well...girl works at a pharmacy and picked up some bug over there (husband says 'this happens a few times a year' and.. she hadn't had her flu shot yet .. and he said... 'it could be nerves too.) Ya know.. if you are new and not directed well in what you are supposed to do in front of 100 or more people then one may tend to get a bit nervous.

Well what do you think all the cacklin' women were whispering about? "Oh.. it could be something else"... all giggly and happy.

I was standing in the group who was saying this and I said right out... "NO WAY... we got enough of that around here" (just one loaf is enough)

They looked at me funny and I added something about not needing any more distractions. Ohhhh..... did I get some looks. LOL

Anyhow.. I know for a fact that the girl is not inpig. We're friends. She does not want kyds for several years..if ever... and is taking all precautions not to have any.
October 25, 2017
There was a meeting of our group the other night and I knew the loaf would be there... so I didn't go. (hours drive and I knew what the meeting was about anyway) I heard a few others didn't show up. Not sure it was just because of said loaf... but...who knows.

Would be a shame if we lost attendance because of one moo who insists on baybeestalking every single meeting and rehearsal... and our director who has those 'holding the baybee rabies'. Such a distraction.
October 25, 2017
It really would be a shame. I know I opted out of many thing because of bratz coming suddenly. And, later the group seems to dissipate, I think many people don't like it but refuse to verbalized it as it is socially unacceptable to say anything against baybees and their handlers. They just make other excuses or end up breeding themselves.

I'm always shocked by some older moos who say they had "club night" with their friends for 20-30 yrs (kids in the basement maybe? but probably BABYSITTERS or husbands look after--or just let the kids play like they should) once a month, no matter what unless someone was in the hospital, or have a yearly vacation w/ friends. Once my friends started sprogging, there were no definite 'ladies night, girls' night out' it always got cancelled.
October 25, 2017
Seems the idea of a babysitter has gone out the window these days. I did TONS of babysitting when I was a teen... just so these parents could go out without the kids. They looked forward to it. They kids looked forward to it too because they didn't have to get dressed up and go out with moomie and duhdie. Do you really think kids like that stuff? (talking about the ones who are toadlers or older)
October 26, 2017
starlady
Seems the idea of a babysitter has gone out the window these days. I did TONS of babysitting when I was a teen... just so these parents could go out without the kids. They looked forward to it. They kids looked forward to it too because they didn't have to get dressed up and go out with moomie and duhdie. Do you really think kids like that stuff? (talking about the ones who are toadlers or older)

Most breeders couldn't care less about how kids felt about a situation. They wanted the attention and to babystalk wherever it was for udder rubs.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 28, 2017
cfuter
It really would be a shame. I know I opted out of many thing because of bratz coming suddenly. And, later the group seems to dissipate, I think many people don't like it but refuse to verbalized it as it is socially unacceptable to say anything against baybees and their handlers. They just make other excuses or end up breeding themselves.

I've seen it happen so many times in a group where people stop participating because of an uncomfortable social situation nobody speaks up about, be it an inappropriate baby or a creeper guy or a nasty girlfriend. I don't know if it's better to speak up or not. Certainly there's the potential for burning bridges and looking like you're flouncing if you announce the reason for your departure, but maybe there's also a chance that a significant number of people share the view, and could regroup after excluding the problem people?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login