Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For fuck's sake, WHY? Infertility

Posted by ondinette 
For fuck's sake, WHY? Infertility
October 31, 2017
This charming article is about a couple of insane wannabreeds who spent half a million dollars and had FIFTEEN miscarriages in their attempts to get a baby.

Why in holy blue fuck would anyone want to do this to themselves and live this way?! If you love kids so much you can adopt, foster, volunteer, or work with them.

In a more general sense I believe if you have a strong desire to do something you should try it, but if it's just not working after a reasonable amount of time stop and accept it wasn't meant to be.

These people should be in a mental hospital not a fertility clinicthinks someone else is crazysaying 'wtf'

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/couple-spent-half-million-dollars-13-years-trying-conceive-will-parents-3-012251678.html
Re: For fuck's sake, WHY? Infertility
October 31, 2017
ondinette
Why in holy blue fuck would anyone want to do this to themselves and live this way?!

Because it's all about them, not the potential child. Adoption doesn't produce a miniature THEM. Anyone who has a child instead of adopting is doing it out of selfishness, whether they admit it or not-- they want a child they "made" themselves, not somebody else's genetics.
October 31, 2017
It's somewhat heartening to see most of the commenters are calling out these selfish assholes.
October 31, 2017
People have every right to use their own money however they see fit. If a baby is worth $0.5m to them, they can spend their money that way.

From Article
“We were wiped out,” says Lindsay. The couple decided to pursue surrogacy and launched a Go Fund Me campaign for associated costs, raising nearly $14,000 of their $20,000 goal.

... and if others are foolish enough to hand over their own money to this "worthy cause" than that's their business, as well.

As for me, I wouldn't give them a dime.
November 01, 2017
I can't blame people for wanting one of their own. How many times does the media show us a 'heartwarming' story of an adoptee finding their birth parents? It's always portrayed as a wonderful thing, but they never address how the adoptive parents feel about the child they spent years of their lives and tens of thousands of dollars raising rejecting them to sob over the 'lost years' with whatever piece of trailer trash spawned them.
November 01, 2017
They can spend their money how they wish, but if you can spend that type of money (or anything near it) I think you shouldn't later take any freebies for the kid once it's here,....including public schools, and free milk and whatever else. People at my work spend 100s of 1000s on their fertility but always crying poor or "broke" because they sprogged.

I know I'm not them, but I can't imagine wanting anything so much that I'd go bankrupt for it, especially sprogging as it just seems like 10-15 yrs of grunt work that everyone complains about then a buncha ungrateful years and going broke over college funds. Yeah, sign me up for that.
November 01, 2017
JoJo
I can't blame people for wanting one of their own. How many times does the media show us a 'heartwarming' story of an adoptee finding their birth parents? It's always portrayed as a wonderful thing, but they never address how the adoptive parents feel about the child they spent years of their lives and tens of thousands of dollars raising rejecting them to sob over the 'lost years' with whatever piece of trailer trash spawned them.

LOL!

What's wrong with you?!? You don't find these tales to be heartwarming?!? Two parents volunteer to spend all of their time and about $250K to raise a kyd from ages 0-21, put him through Harvard, and he offers his thanks to them by finding his "real parents" who abandoned him as an infant at the local Kentucky Fried Chicken.
November 01, 2017
Whether you adopt them or grow them yourself they are not worth the misery.

Almost every hysterical Wanna Breed I know who ultimately got her wish raised a spoiled brat and complained all the time like this bint in the article who is already complaining about raising three.

Having children looks totally overrated.
November 12, 2017
How they spend their money...and any problems resulting from that...is their business. I personally think that IVF is unconscionable in an era of overpopulation and homeless children, and that reproductive technology should be shelved. But if they want to spend themselves into the poorhouse with failed zygotes...I guess that's their choice. Just don't expect others (or your insurance company) to fund it.

Financially speaking, I often regard raising children as a bizarrely expensive private hobby. If someone wants to blow all their money on RC planes or Magic:The Gathering cards, fine. Ditto for spending money on zygotes. Though if her body's rejected that many of 'em, I'd say they're kind of like someone buying even more Magic cards when they're just not good at that kind of game. More cards aren't gonna suddenly make your strategy better. Stop buying zygotes when your body is clearly just not good at this pregnancy thing.
November 12, 2017
From the link in the OP:

"The couple, who married in 2005, cashed in their stock portfolios and retirement accounts to fund their “exhausting, embarrassing, and expensive” dream of parenthood."

This is further proof positive that WAY too many people are strictly in love with the idea of parenthood and babies.

And now that the Vargases cashed in all their stock portfolios and retirement accounts, I want to know who the fuck will be feeding and raising these three shitlings.

My guess is, taxpayer dollars.

Make it illegal to breed. The United States of America has already hit a population of 323 MILLION people.

We do not need more people making babies to add to the severe overpopulation our nation is experiencing.

Assholes.
November 12, 2017
Holy shit, I didn't see the part where they started a GoFundMe account to help feed and raise babies. No.

It is NOT society's job to feed, raise someone else's babies.
November 12, 2017
selidororous
Holy shit, I didn't see the part where they started a GoFundMe account to help feed and raise babies. No.

People can do whatever they want with their own money. For me personally, this raises some eyebrows.

Considering we have millions of children who lack good homes, enough food, shelter, medical care, clothing, etc., why would it make any sense to donate/subsidize the creation of even more of them? What kind of masochist believes that there isn't nearly enough pain and suffering among children already?

If you really want to help children, there are vehicles to do so. Subsidizing further reproduction is not one of them.
November 13, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
Considering we have millions of children who lack good homes, enough food, shelter, medical care, clothing, etc., why would it make any sense to donate/subsidize the creation of even more of them? What kind of masochist believes that there isn't nearly enough pain and suffering among children already?

If you really want to help children, there are vehicles to do so. Subsidizing further reproduction is not one of them.

How nice, a socially-acceptable form of sadism.
November 13, 2017
JoJo

I disagree with the one of your own, but I can see how it could potentially go both ways. I'm adopted and my mom said if I want she has the information. I said fuck that noise. I've no interest in meeting my egg donor, and I truly thank G-d for the way my life has turned out. I think it's important to get away from the idea of "one of your own" not only because of my own personal philosophies {the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb}, but because it could reduce the population. If everyone that wanted a child adopted one instead of getting knocked up, I think we'd see a large decline in the population. Of course, this change in social norm {what's the word for the mass social belief?} isn't perfect. It wouldn't stop people that DON'T want children but are too stupid to use birth control, and it wouldn't stop people that DON'T want children but are obsessed with the udder rubs. For the latter, people would need to get educated.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
November 13, 2017
Half a million? I can only thing of all the Corvettes, Hell Cat Challengers, freezer full of steak, meals at expensive restaurants, and airline trips that would buy. Why don't they give it to me so I can be a jet setting playboy?
December 02, 2017
Perhaps it's just me, but if you have that many miscarriages it's your body's way of telling you that you can't carry a preshus chyld.

I knew a woman who had 14 miscarriages, and finally had a kid who has some sort of major neural tube defect and is non verbal and in a wheelchair. She hates duh and he hates her and refuses to take care of their kid in any way. What a life.
December 05, 2017
ondinette
This charming article is about a couple of insane wannabreeds who spent half a million dollars and had FIFTEEN miscarriages in their attempts to get a baby.

Why in holy blue fuck would anyone want to do this to themselves and live this way?! If you love kids so much you can adopt, foster, volunteer, or work with them.

In a more general sense I believe if you have a strong desire to do something you should try it, but if it's just not working after a reasonable amount of time stop and accept it wasn't meant to be.

These people should be in a mental hospital not a fertility clinicthinks someone else is crazysaying 'wtf'

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/couple-spent-half-million-dollars-13-years-trying-conceive-will-parents-3-012251678.html

It is too bad that miscarriages don't work like concussions. But we all know the best reason to suffer through so many miscarriages is so she can be a perma-martyr.
December 05, 2017
ondinette

I'd love to know what profession this couple works in where at 22 and 25 (their ages in 2005) they had .5 million dollars in a retirement account.
Or anywhere near that amount saved. And yet they are begging for $20K. Not buying it. At least now that their goal is achieved they can return to earning oodles of dollars to support their famblee, right? bemused eye roll
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login