Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Family tells "out of neighborhood" kids to search for candy elsewhere

Posted by cfdavep 
Family tells "out of neighborhood" kids to search for candy elsewhere
November 01, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/a919cc90-dd93-3851-a864-8b736ff931ea/do-you-think-this-sign.html

I guess people at this house left a note on their door telling out of neighborhood kids to basically "f-off" and stick to their own territories By focusing on the better neighborhoods for the goodies they were ruining it for the local kids who were seeing a reduction in candy to be passed out as the outsiders moved in.

Commenters thought the people were asses for posting the sign and said to just turn off the lights if you can't accept "everybody" piling in.
Re: Family tells "out of neighborhood" kids to search for candy elsewhere
November 01, 2017
cfdavep
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/a919cc90-dd93-3851-a864-8b736ff931ea/do-you-think-this-sign.html

I guess people at this house left a note on their door telling out of neighborhood kids to basically "f-off" and stick to their own territories By focusing on the better neighborhoods for the goodies they were ruining it for the local kids who were seeing a reduction in candy to be passed out as the outsiders moved in.

Commenters thought the people were asses for posting the sign and said to just turn off the lights if you can't accept "everybody" piling in.

To offer a different perspective:
I am being forced to move my household (long terrible story) and in the new neighbourhood people do truck in loads of other kids.
The normal number of kids would be about 10-15 kids (under age 14yrs).
My old neighbourhood has about 20 kids (under age 14yrs).

Due to the trucking in, it was **137 kids**.
(Number confirmed by experienced neighbours in new area , who keep a good count)

As a low-income near senior (as are most of the people at my new home) getting treats for up to 150 kids is so far outside appropriate that most of the residents are not giving out Halloween treats.
This year, I got hassles and ingratitude for only having treats for 40 kids, which had me prepared for TWICE the usual amount at my old neighbourhood and about three times the actual number of real local new neighbourhood kids.
November 01, 2017
Real parents who live in undesired neighborhoods should just either arrange a party for the LOCAL kids or some of their kid's friends. But we all know breeders aren't parents.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 06, 2017
This is the trend by me also. It has been very obvious that 'out of neighborhood" kids are coming to my very safe very desirable Chicago neighborhood. It hasn't come cost prohibitive yet.

But a woman at my hub's work said that many people from the Belmont/Central neighborhood that has increasing become trash, go to Wicker Park to trickortreat, Wicker park has old buildings but the condos and flats are like 1/2 a mil to a mil to purchase, so I 'm betting the fams want the rich people's candy instead of whatever happens in their own 'hood. It's a little bit ridiculous, if you can afford candy, everyone's kids are getting the same amount, you all end up breaking even. Maybe the should have a symbol if you're giving up candy or not. I don't know.
November 06, 2017
cfuter
Maybe the should have a symbol if you're giving up candy or not. I don't know.

The signal for a household giving Halloween candy in my region is having your porch light on between 6pm and 9pm.
November 07, 2017
I live on the edge of a very poor neighborhood. My own is historic and full of turn of the century mansions. So of course they bring their kids to my neighborhood. I am probably in the minority here, but I love it. The kids are super sweet and gracious. They greet my kitty and compliment the house. I had fixed little bags of candy with 7 pieces and a bow on top. One kid in particular made it worth it; he ran down the steps excitedly telling his mother, "I got a whole BAG of candy!"

I trick or treated as a child and at at least one house every year that was childfree. This is my way of paying it back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login