Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Selfish Moo I Met

Posted by deanad 
Selfish Moo I Met
November 07, 2017
Way back in 1986 I was picked to be a bridesmaid at the wedding for my best friend from high school, Diane. There were going to be five of us. Two of her relatives, two of his, and me. She bought the fabric to have a woman make our dresses and we were instructed to go to two fittings. I drove to my first fitting by myself; It was about 8 miles out of town, then down a very long dirt road.( I was literally blocked by COWS for a while on one trip). The woman measured me, told me to come back in two weeks for any tweaks, which I did. Amazingly, she only charged $20 to make each dress. (I actually hired her two years later for my own wedding).

Fast forward to the day before the wedding. We all gather at Diane's house to pick up our dresses and dyed shoes. We were all told to try them on. Everyone's looked great...except mine. Droopy in the chest, loose in the waist, and it kept falling off my shoulders. It looked AWFUL and I felt awful in it. Especially since it was a relatively cute dress and everyone else was happy with theirs. I was miserable and dreading having to wear the thing and lamenting the 5 hours I worked in fast food to pay for it. sad smiley

Diane came over and asked what in the world was the matter with my dress. I told her I honestly did not know; that I had been fitted twice, that it looked good a month ago and had not lost any weight. Suddenly she turned and told "Christie" (groom's sister) to take off her dress and let me try it. I did and it fit like a dream. Absolutely perfect. As it turned out Christie was too lazy to do all the driving to get to the seamstress' house and had just called in her measurements. Diane announced, "This is DEANA'S dress". Christie came out of the bathroom and looked just as awful in the first dress as I had.

"Oh but Christie looked so beautiful in it!" her moo protested. "YES", chimed in other relatives.They said there was "no proof" which was which and that since Christie was "part of the family while I wasn't" then "she should get the 'good' dress". It was a mob of selfish, entitled Moos and I was pretty sure I was going to lose.

Diane held her ground, thankfully. We are no longer in contact because, well, she is a mother of four and an organist in a fundie church and I am a childfree atheist, but she took up for me that day. She told me to take the dress home and told the screeching women that the person who actually followed through with the fittings got the dress that fit her.

Thirty years later I am still astounded by the selfishness of that cunt moo.
Re: Selfish Moo I Met
November 07, 2017
Good on your friend sticking up for you and giving the lazy cow what she deserved for being lazy. For the other relatives trying to use the family excuse for Christie getting the properly fitting dress, then, as family, they should have made sure Christie went to the seamstress to be measured and fitted. 31 years on, I hope Christie cringes whenever photos from that wedding pop up and she's the one wearing an ugly dress and everybody else looks great.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 07, 2017
Way to go friend! And screw that whole "but they're family" thing-- family is bullshit. How someone treats you is everything.
November 18, 2017
People are SO entitled. Glad things worked out for you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login