Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speshul school for speshul "future entrepreneurs"

Posted by aes sedai 
Speshul school for speshul "future entrepreneurs"
November 07, 2017
I have no words for this. Actually, I do have many seething, raging, mostly four-letter words for the entitlement breeders who started this thing thinking they'd spawned the next CEO of a startup in some future dystopia, but until I can stop vomiting and speak coherently:

https://gizmodo.com/wework-wants-to-teach-kindergartners-to-disrupt-shit-up-1820183260
Re: Speshul school for speshul "future entrepreneurs"
November 07, 2017
...now that I'm a mom...
November 08, 2017
WeNarcissists
November 08, 2017
It sounds like a cult. As if we needed another one of those.
November 08, 2017
Of course they don't picture their children as the next generation of arse-wipers, but as winners who trample lesser beings underfoot in their quest for riches. However, the vast majority of people are...average.
November 09, 2017
yurble
Of course they don't picture their children as the next generation of arse-wipers, but as winners who trample lesser beings underfoot in their quest for riches. However, the vast majority of people are...average.

I'm sure the next Rockefeller, Carnegie, Vanderbilt, Gates, and Jobs are all enrolled in that class right now... bemused eye roll

Here's a reality check: Children that age need to understand order, not chaos. You don't cultivate an excellent musician by sticking a piano in front of a kid and telling him to be creative and bang on a bunch of keys. At that age they need to learn the basics, and this is true in all areas of life, not just music.

This is educational malpractice. And it's immoral. The primary losers in all of this nonsense are the kids. The secondary losers will be the parents, who will ultimately have to deal with teenagers who have few primary skills, but have been told since birth that they are part of a special class of "disruptive" people.

From Article
According to Bloomberg, WeGrow says it wants to educate customers “from birth to death.” If its dream is realized, then WeGrow children can graduate into WeWorks entrepreneurs, live at WeLive communal housing projects, learn how to be healthy from the recently launched Rise by We, and raise even more WeGrow-educated children. And the cycle can continue forever and ever—at least until the AI singularity kills us all or the We Empire implodes and frees customers from its Borg-like grasp.

As lurker-derp wrote, this more closely resembles a cult than an educational institution. This educational "experiment" will end with customers' life savings being drained, a pyramid scheme being exposed, federal agents storming the headquarters, or a combination of all three.
November 09, 2017
It seems to me that deprivation and not getting everything handed to you is the fastest way to raise creative, ambitious or resourceful children.

Which of course these elites will never do for their pampered little sneauflakes.

A street urchin in Beijing or Calcutta is probably 100 times more resourceful than these WeWork twats.
November 09, 2017
I swear this sounds like some get up for a highly regimented society. We seem to be headed in that direction anyhow, simply because the sheer number of peepul dictates strict regimentation. Of course, the breeders are leading the charge into this hellhole of a people breeder pen.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 09, 2017
I was never deprived, but I wasn't pampered either. There were a few constants in my childhood that I remember clearly, and those constants remain with me today.

I was always given crayons, occasionally pens, and reams of blank paper in which to express my creativity. My father banned coloring books. I had a bicycle to get around on to go play with my friends.

Children don't need much. They do need the tools to create a blank slate to vent imagination, for that is the only advantage we have over AI.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login