Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gene Simmons says moos can't have it both ways

Posted by cfdavep 
Gene Simmons says moos can't have it both ways
November 13, 2017
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/gene-simmons-women-choose-family-career-article-1.3628084?cache=false%253fq%252525253dxss%2527bouce

This was just on yahoo also but disappeared. He said that moos need to choose to stay home and raise kids or just have a career. The article brought out the "get back in the kitchen" crowd, and there were a few CF women who mentioned moos at work leaving everytime they get a call that their kids sneezed.
Re: Gene Simmons says moos can't have it both ways
November 13, 2017
Once again, a man says children are a woman's obligation. Why doesn't he argue for men to stay at home, or take on a greater share of childcare?

Just sexist drivel from a duh of two.

He then goes on to suggest women should use sex appeal to get ahead in work. two faces puking Instead of developing skills and expecting companies to use non-discriminatory hiring practices, we should all just sleep our way as high as we can, until we're too old to be considered beautiful, in which case we may as well just die in a fire, ammirit? Because that's the way for women to challenge sexism: by completely validating it.
November 13, 2017
cfdavep
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/gene-simmons-women-choose-family-career-article-1.3628084?cache=false%253fq%252525253dxss%2527bouce

This was just on yahoo also but disappeared. He said that moos need to choose to stay home and raise kids or just have a career. The article brought out the "get back in the kitchen" crowd, and there were a few CF women who mentioned moos at work leaving everytime they get a call that their kids sneezed.

Let's keep in mind the source--Gene Simmons is a coked out rock star from the 1970s. He's an interesting guy but let's not cite him as a premium source for social commentary.

His point, however, is not entirely invalid. People have choices in life. Women have choices. If you want to make serious advances in the corporate world, you're going to have to work many hours, and time is finite. It may not be possible to be the greatest parent and a serious corporate executive. There are only 24 hours in a day. If you want the gigantic salary and a high-powered job, kids will likely be an impediment to that.

As far as men taking charge of more duties related to the home and child rearing.... bwahahahaha! That's not going to happen! You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. And no man has any obligation to abandon or stunt his career progress so that his wife can move up the corporate ladder. Furthermore, generally speaking women do not want a stay at home dad. And dads don't want to have that role either. Moms who want more contributions out of Dad should lay out those expectations BEFORE having children. Let me emphasize that it is absolutely their right to lay out these expectations prior to marriage/reproduction. But they shouldn't be surprised if the potential Dad refuses to agree with that proposal.

Guys need to learn the power of the word "NO." I've grown quite tired of hearing prominent women from Sheryl Sandburg to Kay Hymowitz scolding the young men whose idea of pursuing happiness is something other than being a wage slave and providing for a family. They berate young guys, chastising them with what they could be doing, should be doing, would be doing, ought to be doing, all in order to placate women's reproductive desires and now, their career ambitions as well. Fuck that noise. Guys have no moral obligation to do any of this. (And vice versa).
November 13, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
As far as men taking charge of more duties related to the home and child rearing.... bwahahahaha! That's not going to happen! You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

You know it, I know it, but somehow women who breed don't seem to know it. Seems like again and again they choose to reproduce, and then expect the rest of society, rather than duh, to help them out. People ought to take responsibility for the sexism they enable in their personal lives instead of only complaining about the institutionalized variety.
November 13, 2017
yurble
StudioFiftyFour
As far as men taking charge of more duties related to the home and child rearing.... bwahahahaha! That's not going to happen! You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

You know it, I know it, but somehow women who breed don't seem to know it. Seems like again and again they choose to reproduce, and then expect the rest of society, rather than duh, to help them out. People ought to take responsibility for the sexism they enable in their personal lives instead of only complaining about the institutionalized variety.

Some people expect others to change, and more often than not it doesn't happen. Most guys aren't going to become Mr. Mom, regardless of their wives' demands. On the flip side I think many women who become SAHMs won't ever return to full time employment. The guys who think that their wives will return to the 50-hour workweek once the children reach the age of 5, 6, 7.. you name it... may find themselves disappointed when it doesn't happen.

But as I mentioned, life is about choices. If you and your partner are philosophically incompatible and can't negotiate an equitable division of labor at home and professionally, than you should not be together. And you definitely shouldn't have kids together.

Those who think their partners should contribute more should take that issue up with them, and leave the rest of us out of it!
November 13, 2017
Gene isn't coked out, he never did drugs or alcohol and is vehemently against them.

He shoulda said PARENTS need to decide and can't have it both ways, but let's live in reality....women do most of the grunt work, are the ones most interested in bratz, and are most affected by the coming of bratz in the family unit,....so in someways, it should be directed to them in the real world.
November 13, 2017
cfdavep

Here is the yahoo link.

All the Neanderthal trolls are out in force in the comments.

linky
November 13, 2017
cfuter
Gene isn't coked out, he never did drugs or alcohol and is vehemently against them.

He shoulda said PARENTS need to decide and can't have it both ways, but let's live in reality....women do most of the grunt work, are the ones most interested in bratz, and are most affected by the coming of bratz in the family unit,....so in someways, it should be directed to them in the real world.

I stand corrected on Gene Simmons substance habits, my apologies...

I will stand behind this, though: Human beings often want things that require other people to take ultimate responsibility for them.
November 28, 2017
I only know a handful of stay at home dads. Their wives earn lots of money and do almost all of the child-rearing and housework. The men are the types who hang out in the garage with their friends and drink beer. No Mr. Mom in these cases. I'd guess there are single dads who have no choice being the primary caregiver but the odds of a man voluntarily staying home while his wife works and being Mr. Mom seem to be very low in reality.

I had a relative who was this way, spent his time hunting and fishing and living on his wife's paycheck. His wife's terminal cancer didn't put a dent in his "lifestyle" either. He had retired from the work force prematurely with some excuse once their house was paid off.
November 29, 2017
freya
I only know a handful of stay at home dads. Their wives earn lots of money and do almost all of the child-rearing and housework. The men are the types who hang out in the garage with their friends and drink beer. No Mr. Mom in these cases. I'd guess there are single dads who have no choice being the primary caregiver but the odds of a man voluntarily staying home while his wife works and being Mr. Mom seem to be very low in reality.

I had a relative who was this way, spent his time hunting and fishing and living on his wife's paycheck. His wife's terminal cancer didn't put a dent in his "lifestyle" either. He had retired from the work force prematurely with some excuse once their house was paid off.

Speaking generally and broadly, women do not find men who cannot or do not earn a salary at least comparable to theirs, to be attractive.

Ladies, I'll let you be the judge... think about your ideal man. Think about his ideal physique, build, personality, etc. If he wrote this, what would your impression of him be?

Before I get flamed, understand that I have no skin in this game. People should date whomever they want, and for whatever reasons they want. This is in no way an indictment of SAHDs. If someone wants to voluntarily work their ass off and pay their rent, so be it.

Oh... and one more thing... I don't need to hear the story of your beer-swigging, couch-surfing husband whom you work your ass off for 50 hours per week to provide for. I am writing in the vein of what most people desire... think broad generalities here. wink
November 29, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
Speaking generally and broadly, women do not find men who cannot or do not earn a salary at least comparable to theirs, to be attractive.

This seems to be true from what I see. Think the SAHD or man earning less than his wife is in the minority. Maybe others see a different perspective? I've lived in the bible belt (almost 100% true except for a few men who let the women do everything). For the west coast both spouses typically work and some wives earn more than their husbands but in any instance I've seen they both make good salaries. It seems to be more of a team approach for the west coast.
December 01, 2017
StudioFiftyFour

Ladies, I'll let you be the judge... think about your ideal man. Think about his ideal physique, build, personality, etc. If he wrote this, what would your impression of him be?

It really doesn't matter much to me if my partner earns less than I do, because of being in a less lucrative field, not being as advanced in their career, not having advanced degrees, etc. As long as someone is contributing financially, it's fine with me.

I would not be okay with an able-bodied adult who sits at home. I wouldn't be able to do it myself and I could not handle it in a partner. I know there are valid reasons for people to do this (such as mental illness), but that's not something I'd want to deal with in a partner. I am not much of a caretaker.

Oh, and I am not looking for a dad-bod. We all get older, not everyone's in perfect shape, I'm not either...but I'm not celebrating that, just accepting it as part of being human.
December 02, 2017
I dunno, I kind of agree with him. Moos want it all. They want the career and the kids, and either way, both get fucked up in the end.
December 04, 2017

Ain't it the truth! That's why I was laughing at the MRA's on Reddit who were boasting that women would be obsolete when artificial wombs are developed. Yeah, right. Men will just flock to creating children who cost a fortune, take up all their time and money, and need constant care involving disgusting bodily fluids.
December 04, 2017
JoJo

Ain't it the truth! That's why I was laughing at the MRA's on Reddit who were boasting that women would be obsolete when artificial wombs are developed. Yeah, right. Men will just flock to creating children who cost a fortune, take up all their time and money, and need constant care involving disgusting bodily fluids.

An artificial womb? Wow that's exactly what I have always wanted!!!

(Said no man ever.)
December 04, 2017
StudioFiftyFour

(Said no man ever.)

Oh, I don't know. You know how some men are into cars and have fancy garages with shiny tool storage, the LED lights, and the floor expoxied? I could see a man who really, really, (I know, yeah right) wanted children could have a garage set up with the pretzel jar in the middle on a mechanic's stool, and all the machinery and wires and tubes in the rest of the garage along with all the life support machinery along the walls. It's a lot less painful for the wife too, as when time is up, it's much less painful to just open the jar!

Might not be a good thing for Thom, it's less business for him with not having to deliver babies in the back of the ambulance anymore.
December 05, 2017
mr. neptune
StudioFiftyFour

(Said no man ever.)

Oh, I don't know. You know how some men are into cars and have fancy garages with shiny tool storage, the LED lights, and the floor expoxied? I could see a man who really, really, (I know, yeah right) wanted children could have a garage set up with the pretzel jar in the middle on a mechanic's stool, and all the machinery and wires and tubes in the rest of the garage along with all the life support machinery along the walls. It's a lot less painful for the wife too, as when time is up, it's much less painful to just open the jar!

Might not be a good thing for Thom, it's less business for him with not having to deliver babies in the back of the ambulance anymore.

That's a valid point. And those kinds of guys can afford to have a fancy car in a fancy garage with fancy tools and fancy LED lights.

Unfortunately I believe most of the "car maniac" guys resemble one of my (thankfully) former neighbors, who repeatedly bought and sold Camaros, parked them in the street, and swore to all of us that he was "restoring" these vehicles. The township received numerous complaints on him, because he parked them in front of neighbors' houses and they mostly just sat out there collecting leaves, snow, and rusting in the rain. I am happy he is gone.
December 05, 2017
yurble
StudioFiftyFour

It really doesn't matter much to me if my partner earns less than I do, because of being in a less lucrative field, not being as advanced in their career, not having advanced degrees, etc. As long as someone is contributing financially, it's fine with me.

I would not be okay with an able-bodied adult who sits at home. I wouldn't be able to do it myself and I could not handle it in a partner. I know there are valid reasons for people to do this (such as mental illness), but that's not something I'd want to deal with in a partner. I am not much of a caretaker.

Oh, and I am not looking for a dad-bod. We all get older, not everyone's in perfect shape, I'm not either...but I'm not celebrating that, just accepting it as part of being human.

I feel the same. Because I don't want kids there is zero pressure to find a high earning man. As long as he can support himself (and at my age isn't living with roommates out of financial need). I limit caretaking to recovery from surgery.
December 06, 2017
freya
yurble
StudioFiftyFour

I feel the same. Because I don't want kids there is zero pressure to find a high earning man. As long as he can support himself (and at my age isn't living with roommates out of financial need). I limit caretaking to recovery from surgery.

Any person not a millionaire in California would need roommates. For that matter, any large city is too expensive for any person who is not a high earner.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 06, 2017
I was raised in a breeding-obsessed cult, and before I started school I couldn't figure out why men and women got together to marry *except* that men couldn't have children without a wife.

They split the congregation up by gender at age 12, so if parents kept them isolated enough (very common), they only had an idea of the opposite sex based on their preteen interactions. No surprise, "be like a little child" is one of their main mottos.

My mother engaged in a lot of boys vs. girls kind of concepts, and gave parental alienation a real go even though we all lived under one roof.

Once I got into school and started getting over some of my church and mom brainwashing, I started to see why people pair up. Obviously my dad didn't make a good choice, but my mother was just super glad she was only an old maid at 21, rather than a spinster at 22. She didn't care WHO picked her, just that someone finally had.

So yeah, I could definitely see some of the idiots from that cult getting on this idea. Women are only useful to make babbies to them, and they are also regarded as one of the great trials in life, those feeeeemales, can't live with em, can't legally kill them just yet.

(Just in case it's not clear, I am the opposite of what they wanted in a child and detest everything they tried to teach me. Also took my time and picked a good partner even though they wondered what's the point, I'm surely dried up and useless by 29.
From my earliest brainwashed memories: "And how many children do you want, little girl?"
Me, 5, frowning, "Only one and only if I HAVE to..."
Thinking outside the box before I knew I was in a box.
I don't have to!!!!)

Also, fuck off with 'what baaaaad unbiblical religious peeple they were, REAL christians don't (whatever)... No shit Sherlock.
December 07, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
His point, however, is not entirely invalid. People have choices in life. Women have choices. If you want to make serious advances in the corporate world, you're going to have to work many hours, and time is finite. It may not be possible to be the greatest parent and a serious corporate executive. There are only 24 hours in a day. If you want the gigantic salary and a high-powered job, kids will likely be an impediment to that.

The problem is that basically everyone in the corporate world assumes that a woman will have kids sooner or later, and she is going to be the primary caregiver. It affects our career opportunities, our chances to advance, our salaries. Since it's illegal to ask during a job interview, employers are just going to assume we all want kids. Every time a woman chooses to have a kid and be a lazy ass worker, she's not only choosing a life for herself, she's also choosing a life for me, since her choices confirm that women are unreliable workers. It's easy for you to say "women have choices", but many women don't have the choice to explain they're childfree (the employer would most probably think she's lying to get the job).

StudioFiftyFour

Well apparently my boyfriend doesn't know, since we share housework (no kids, obviously) smiling smiley
December 07, 2017
tea princess

StudioFiftyFour

Well apparently my boyfriend doesn't know, since we share housework (no kids, obviously) smiling smiley

To be fair, I see this younger generation of men being WAY WAY WAY more involved in child-rearing....and actually looking more comfortable in it that the decades before where men were "trying" (forced) to be more involved and fair to the females in the relationship. I actually see more men pushing strollers around my 'hood (and it isn't a hipster trendy 'hood either) than I see women. I see more men taking toddlers shopping and running errands than ever before, and they seem to be cool w/ it, not put upon like the old days.

Drawback....I notice these dads now talk about breeding just as much as women. Therefore, going to lunches and parties, there's no where to hide from the baby talk that ensues in the women's group. Many CFs on this board and others said they used to go in the room w/ the men at parties to escape the breeder talk. Now there is no refuge.
December 07, 2017
cfuter

Drawback....I notice these dads now talk about breeding just as much as women. Therefore, going to lunches and parties, there's no where to hide from the baby talk that ensues in the women's group. Many CFs on this board and others said they used to go in the room w/ the men at parties to escape the breeder talk. Now there is no refuge.

I will actively take part in breeder talk, because I need help from my neighbors and community just to survive. It's calculated on my part, I know, but I have to look out for my own interests as I've no family in the area and socializing and making friends is difficult for me.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 07, 2017
tea princess
StudioFiftyFour

The problem is that basically everyone in the corporate world assumes that a woman will have kids sooner or later, and she is going to be the primary caregiver. It affects our career opportunities, our chances to advance, our salaries. Since it's illegal to ask during a job interview, employers are just going to assume we all want kids. Every time a woman chooses to have a kid and be a lazy ass worker, she's not only choosing a life for herself, she's also choosing a life for me, since her choices confirm that women are unreliable workers. It's easy for you to say "women have choices", but many women don't have the choice to explain they're childfree (the employer would most probably think she's lying to get the job).

StudioFiftyFour

The question can't be asked, but a childfree answer can be revealed voluntarily by the person being interviewed. You're assuming that an employer would think that a person being interviewed would lie about such a fact. I'm not sure that is true.

As far as the housework goes... that's fine. I'm okay with any couple doing whatever they want as far as housework goes. It can be split 50/50, 60/40, 75/25, 100/0... anything! It makes no difference to me.

What I find annoying is when people complain about their significant other's lack of contribution to the house work, to the finances, to the child-rearing, whatever.

My question to them is pretty consistent across the board and goes something along the lines of "Wow, he sure does sound lazy. Who picked that man?!?"
December 08, 2017
cfuter

Have you noticed if these guys have beards, man buns, and "baby in front" carriers? Saw a lot of that at the zoo and first thing I thought was even if I had kids, I would never have one of those carriers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login