Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tracee Ellis Ross on being 45, single, and not having kids

Posted by yurble 
Tracee Ellis Ross on being 45, single, and not having kids
November 16, 2017
Basically, a bit of a fuck you people who say you need a husband and kids to be complete, but a bit more politely: My life is my own (transcript, video).

And then someone tells me about their friend who adopted a child at 52 and how “it’s never too late for your life to have meaning,” and my worth gets diminished as I am reminded that I have “failed” on the marriage and carriage counts. Me! This bold, liberated, independent woman. I mean, I work out, eat well, I mostly show up to work on time, I’m a good friend, a solid daughter, a hard worker, my credit is good, I take out the garbage before it gets smelly, I recycle, and I won a Golden Globe! I’m killing it! So, why? Why do I get snagged this way? As if all that I have done and who I am doesn’t matter.

Edit: Corrected spelling of her name, sorry!
Re: Tracee Ellis Rose on being 45, single, and not having kids
November 16, 2017
I just read this elsewhere! As if I couldn't love her more. Nothing pisses breeders off more than happy childfree women.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 18, 2017
I simply *ADORE* Tracee Ellis Ross. She was soooo good on Girlfriends!
Her mother is Diana Ross who is an absolutely incredible artist and gorgeous feminist icon with whom I could not be more in love. See her video "Missing You" which is like the apotheosis of how badass Diana Ross is. It's like my favorite thing ever and I play it as a reminder of my dad who died recently. I also play it when my husband is away on TDY. Diana's beautiful daughter did not fall far from the amazing tree. I just LOVE the Ross women!
November 20, 2017
I didn't know who she was until now.
I believe that this is no fake, she is authentic
....and she is right!
Re: Tracee Ellis Ross on being 45, single, and not having kids
November 20, 2017
Gee is it any wonder she's CF? Diana Ross married a Norweigan shipping magnate named Andre Naess when she was 41 years old. Diana refers to him as the "love of her life." Diana also had two sons with Naess, first one at 43 and the second one when she was 44. They divorced in 2000 and he died in a mountain climbing accident in 2004.

It would be pretty off-putting to watch your mom become a Geezer Breeder and now that Tracee herself is 45, it's probably the furthest thing from her mind. Good for her for having some brains.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login