Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Holding the bitch responsible is moo shaming - Sephora

Posted by thom_c 
Holding the bitch responsible is moo shaming - Sephora
November 17, 2017
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/a-child-reportedly-destroyed-over-dollar1000-of-makeup-at-sephora-%e2%80%94-and-the-photos-are-horrific/ar-BBF3ALF?li=BBnb7Kz

A child reportedly destroyed over $1,000 of makeup at Sephora — and the photos are horrific

(Daniel Boan)

A Sephora shopper shared a picture of a Sephora display that she said was destroyed by a small child.
- She urged parents to leave their children at home when shopping for makeup — which received mixed reactions from commenters.
- The viral reaction was a shock to the shopper, though she never meant for the message to come across as "mom-shaming."

It's enough to make any makeup lover's heart skip a beat: a Sephora display featuring over $1,000 worth of Make Up For Ever eyeshadow testers completely destroyed. That's the sight that recently greeted Sephora shopper and makeup artist Brittney Nelson as she entered a Sephora location in Augusta, Georgia, on Saturday night.

She snapped and shared a photo of the incident with a message urging parents to "shop for your makeup without [their] tiny humans" — which has since gone viral.

rest at link

I was just about to post this.

Cue the Facebook apologists:

" You don't know this mother or this child maybe she is a single mother or new to the area and does not have anyone to watch her child. so she cant leave them at home."
Re: Holding the bitch responsible is moo shaming - Sephora
November 17, 2017
bell_flower
I was just about to post this.

Cue the Facebook apologists:

" You don't know this mother or this child maybe she is a single mother or new to the area and does not have anyone to watch her child. so she cant leave them at home."
And yet being a single mom or not having anyone to watch it seems to equate to letting it wreck stuff. Would this apologist still excuse it if this child wrecked something expensive or dear to her? I don't think so.
November 17, 2017
A makeup store is NO place for fucking sprogs and their sticky fingers. I shop at Sephora regularly online, but won't go into the stores because last time I went, it was overcrowded by ignorant moos and their feral bastards. I couldn't even pass through the aisles because of all the massive fucking strollers.

It's too bad really, because I absolutely love shopping at Sephora in store, but I just can't get around in there. It's just another thing that is destroyed by moos and brats. Thank goddess that Sephora has an online store, but the only problem is that I can't try colours or see them in person before buying and Sephora is expensive. Luckily, most of the stuff I have purchased was great, and only one return.

I am the ideal Sephora shopper. I'm an older woman who loves makeup, skincare and perfume, and I've spent thousands there...however, now it's just become another online shop for me. Too bad.
I just saw that on bing and I literally just came here to post it. Wtf. The comments are making my blood boil. A bunch of self righteous moos, whose kids are no doubt just as bad, saying that they've seen worse, or one who even said it /is/ atrocious, talking not about the destroyed property, but about the colors. First of all, lurking moos, just because something worse can happen, that doesn't mean what your kid is doing is okay. Murder is worse than arson, arson is worse than shoplifting, And shoplifting is worse than texting and driving. It doesn't make any of those things okay! Second of all, just no. Saying sephora products are ugly or overrated isn't an argument that proves the devlish child is innocent or should be forgiven. It just shows that you're too stupid to construct an actual defense of this inexcusable behavior.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
November 17, 2017
One of the yahoo commenters said that this happened in Augusta, GA and was a "ghetto thing"

They said they know that mall as they live in Augusta and it is a place where the cops are always there concerning fights in the food court. Most of the yahoo commenters were disgusted at the moo
November 17, 2017
And how is this an example of "Mom shaming?." The woman and the child in question were not named.

Shame and guilt are under-rated. Feeling guilty in response to doing something outside your moral code is useful to yourself and other humans.

I'd like to see more people feel ashamed of their actions when they raise feral beasts or act like feral beasts themselves in public.

The problem is that people feel nothing like that and now all these brats are being raised to have "high self esteem." If they want something or want to do something, that's reason enough for them to do it.

Hell, meet handbasket.
November 17, 2017
Oh, boo hoo for the infamous "mom shaming!"

My mother took me shopping with her, yet somehow I knew that we were not allowed to touch ANYTHING, because she knew how to parent us and teach us what was proper behavior in public. "You break it, you buy it," was enforced back then.

I'm playing the world's smallest violin for all the "poor, single mothers" out there who cannot be arsed to watch and/or control their brats in public, who let their feral beasts run wild and expect everybody to just grin and bear it.

playing a violin
November 17, 2017
mumofsixbirds
A makeup store is NO place for fucking sprogs and their sticky fingers. I shop at Sephora regularly online, but won't go into the stores because last time I went, it was overcrowded by ignorant moos and their feral bastards. I couldn't even pass through the aisles because of all the massive fucking strollers.

It's too bad really, because I absolutely love shopping at Sephora in store, but I just can't get around in there. It's just another thing that is destroyed by moos and brats. Thank goddess that Sephora has an online store, but the only problem is that I can't try colours or see them in person before buying and Sephora is expensive. Luckily, most of the stuff I have purchased was great, and only one return.

I am the ideal Sephora shopper. I'm an older woman who loves makeup, skincare and perfume, and I've spent thousands there...however, now it's just become another online shop for me. Too bad.

I love Sephora. They have stores near me, and my guilty pleasure is Urban Decay eyeshadows and Chanel lipsticks.

For a cheap, and decent alternative, try ELF. I use them for neutral eyeshadows, blush, powder, and cheap summer lipstick. They have a neutral rose gold eyeshadow palette that is great, and is priced at $10. I do enhance the eyeshadows with Sephora eye primer, to make them last all day.
November 18, 2017
I live right by this Sephora, I'll have to go see if it's still there. And, yes, Augusta is a HORRIBLE place. I hate it, but I have to have a job......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
November 18, 2017
The issue isn't bizzy mawms taking their brats shopping, its clueless moos taking their brats shopping and letting the little shits do whatever they want.

Has this whole parenting thing devolved so much that instead of someone suggesting that moo make her crack monkey behave in public, we just immediately jump to "welp, gotta leave 'em home!" because, apparently, its just too "mean" to stiffle the little shits and expect manners and proper public behavior? (Not that I would fucking argue -against- anyone wanting to just leave the walking headaches at home, more power to ya.)

OTOH, I'm seriously side-eyeing any claims that the kid "destroyed over $1000 worth of makeup". It was a tester display and Sephora was going to make $0 off of it.
I don't know how it works at sephora or what the value of those makeup swatches is, but at some places it still costs money. When I worked at Best Buy we put a lot of effort into keeping the floor models working smoothly. If the floor model was damaged beyond repair we had to go into the back, take something from our stock, and use that to replace the floor model. So we would lose the value of that item because it was opened up for display, rather than left as stock for a customer to buy.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
November 18, 2017
It's the same with kids eating food from the grocery store and not paying it. Once a mombie posted a photo on a grocery store's FB page of her brat eating some bakery products from a grocery store and saying that her kid is so sweet that grocery store has to use the photo for their ads. She said she didn't pay for the product.

Some people called her out on it but they were ripped apart in the comments by other moos saying that it was just a bread bun and stop hating kids so much. Worse, the grocery store didn't say anything about it either. Wouldn't a person with a normal functioning brain call that stealing?

The same with Sephora, you destroy it, you pay it. If i destroy smth. in a shop i'm expected to pay for it, the same rules should apply to everybody.
November 18, 2017
The "well she may be a single mawm"is assinine. So single mothers get a pass from having to raise non-feral children? My mom was widowed when she was 33 and we didn't grow up acing like apes because it wouldn't have been tolerated. It's also insulting to the single parents (hey, what about men?) who are doing a decent job. (Maybe 5%?)

It's plain to see from reading the FB comments to this article that 95% of Moos think their kids are a lot better than they are. Most of these people are shitty parents themselves. Example: A FB restaurant worker posted a story about a free roaming child who threw liquids all over a restaurant. When the restaurant asked the Chyld's Moo to assist with the cleanup, the Moo walked out.

Of course FB Moos sided with the restaurant Moo. "If a server asked me to do that, I would be insulted too. It's the job of the people in the restaurant to clean." Yeah, to bus tables, not to clean up after pigs who make huge messes.

It's an entitlement problem. Why shouldn't you clean up a mess you made? But no, reasonable standards = "chyuld shaming" or "Moo shaming."
November 18, 2017
Hey Peace,

I love ELF stuff. I have the rose gold palette and a whole lot more from there, and plan to order in the future. It's inexpensive, cruelty-free and considering the price, the quality isn't too bad. Of course, I always prefer my high end stuff, however for everyday makeup, ELF is pretty darned good.

MUFE is pretty expensive stuff, and I imagine the store put out a lot of money for those testers to be available. Moo should pay for what her brat destroyed.

That reminds me, I was in the drugstore once, and I saw this moo looking at makeup. Her toadler was opening the eye shadow packages and playing with them, and left them all over the floor. Before I had a chance to speak to moo, she was gone. I think she saw me looking at her brat. After they left, I picked up the broken eye shadows from the floor, gave them to the cosmetics lady and told her that a mother allowed her child to play with these, and they are CONTAMINATED now. She took the eye shadow from me, had a really annoyed look on her face and thanked me for letting her know.
November 18, 2017
Personally I think children don't belong in stores. I don't think children belong in most places. I'll give 'em the side eye when I see 'em.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 18, 2017
Need to start enforcing the 'you break it you bought it' and the 'you eat it you bought it' rules. I know they used to do it when I was a kid. No.. I didn't break anything in a store because most kids were told NOT TO TOUCH and if we did we got a stern 'NO' and maybe a smack on the leg if we did it.
I would never think of eating something in a grocery store before paying for it. I see it all the time now. Especially kids. Parunts will swing by the snack section or the bakery and get 'schookums' something to eat to keep them quiet. Then I have seen empty donut bags or empty snack size chip bags laying around the store. Used to be a 'once in a while' thing but now I see it every time I go to the store.
November 19, 2017
I used to work in a mall when we lived in Tucson, AZ.

One line my manager told me that I will never forget, and this was immediately after a couple of noisy crotchlings ran down past our new gelato shop

"The mall is not the best place for children to be."

And guess what it isn't.

Malls exist to make a profit. They are not playgrounds for crotchfruit, Granted, a lot of parents bring Snotford and Cumleigh to the mall to get them out of the house and out of their hair.

I am not a Sephora shopper but my sympathies lie with the store and the mall, not some MooBreath and Crotchlina.
November 19, 2017
Holy crap. This is why the little demons should not be allowed in malls, grocery stores, or any place where valuable items can (and will) be ruined by tiny grabby hands full of microbial crap and germs.
November 19, 2017
I saw this posted on Facebook. The comments were full of breeders going who cares it's just makeup and calling others mean for daring to expect parents to parent their children.
November 20, 2017
This is about dumb cows who cannot behave.
They pass their antisocial behaviour on their chyldrun.

I bought a mascara at a drug store and the shop assistant
told me that some women open a new mascara, try it on
and then put it back. Yuck.
Since then I only buy products packaged in film. Only then I can be
sure that nobody opened it before.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login