Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What I'm really thinking: I don't regret having an abortion

Posted by yurble 
What I'm really thinking: I don't regret having an abortion
November 19, 2017
A woman who had an abortion in her 20s, who is now in her 60s describes having no regrets at all about either the abortion or not having children.
Re: What I'm really thinking: I don't regret having an abortion
November 19, 2017
I think there are some women who truly grieve an abortion, but many others who do not and they may even pretend that they do to prevent people from shunning them.
November 20, 2017
This woman could have been me. I had a scrape in my 25th year and never felt anything but relief afterwards. Now I'm in my late 60s and shudder to think of everything I would have missed out on had I kept the pregnancy.

I'm not just pro-choice, I'm pro-abortion. Highly recommend it.
November 20, 2017
I have read some biographies of female musicians. It seems a woman can admit to having an abortion if she says she regrets it. Saying "thank doG I got rid of that parasite, it was the best thing I ever did" is what is taboo. This needs to change.
November 20, 2017
I know someone (PNB ) who had two abortions. She later (when she decided it was time) had two children. She regrets neither the abortions nor the kids.
November 21, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if so called "abortion regret" isn't just hormones going nuts. It happens. It happened to me. Logically, I KNEW what was going on, but I was a crying mess for a short time. For someone unprepared for it, who is told they "have" to feel guilt, who is unsure of their decision, I would imagine it could really fuck them up.
November 21, 2017
chicken lady
Sometimes I wonder if so called "abortion regret" isn't just hormones going nuts. It happens. It happened to me. Logically, I KNEW what was going on, but I was a crying mess for a short time. For someone unprepared for it, who is told they "have" to feel guilt, who is unsure of their decision, I would imagine it could really fuck them up.

I can see someone like that interpreting their body's biological response as guilt. Easily.
November 22, 2017
After I had my abortion, I also was prone to crying jags, but not because I wasn't going to be a moo. Once the hormones settled, I was totally relieved that I got it done.

I had my abortion in my mid twenties, and now I'm forty-nine. No regrets. Glad I did it, in fact!
November 23, 2017
kittehpeoples
chicken lady

I can see someone like that interpreting their body's biological response as guilt. Easily.

I could also easily see how that could happen. The body is teeming with pregnancy hormones, and they don't just instantly vanish when the fetus is removed.

I think there are a lot of women who have zero regrets. I think there are also a LOT of women who figure "well, that wasn't exactly how I wanted to prevent parenthood...I wish the condom/pill/whatever hadn't failed...but I did the right thing"...then they quickly learn that response isn't seen as okay, so they either stay quiet, or they say something about regret when really they just regret that birth control failed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login