Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders too lazy to anchor dressers

Posted by cfdavep 
Breeders too lazy to anchor dressers
November 21, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/ikea-recalls-dresser-again-death-8th-child-144606289--abc-news-topstories.html

The instructions say to anchor to a wall and not to do so can invite a crash, yet cheap lazy breeders don't bother.

Someone on the comments said:

"My Swedish friend says that this is the difference between American and Swedish Lawsuits. If you try to stop the chain on a chainsaw with your hand in America you sue saying there wasn't a sign saying don't stop the chain saw with your hand on the chain saw. In Sweden, you don't tell anyone about your injury because you are too embarrassed by how stupid you were"
Re: Breeders too lazy to anchor dressers
November 21, 2017
Great comment!
Re: Breeders too lazy to anchor dressers
November 21, 2017
Right, I think it's that way in many countries. If you notice now, all those ads for prescription meds say dont take _____________ if you're allergic to it, (no shit sherlock) so you know that was included in the latest lawsuit. I've noticed all foods are now saying Must cook until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. so that also has to be the latest.

When my products liability teacher taught us in the 90s, he was like a state appellate judge, he said he didn't under stand why medicines were putting on those long boring ads stating all the side effects, and contradictions as it was already legislated that this is your doctor's job and the malpractice insurance would cover their negligence. It was almost like the companies were opening themselves for more lawsuits as someday the burden may shift to them as they took over listing so much of that stuff in the ad. Also, the instructions are also in the meds and on the pharmacy bag(which they will end up being sued to if they take over that also).

Ppl still don't listen to their doctors, read the instructions or pay attention to anything they don't want to pay attention to. Also, as we all know on here, common sense is no longer taught from parent to child...so you have ppl like my hairstylist who wouldnt leave her EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD home alone for over 20 mins.......the one time she did, he was blowing of firecrackers in the garage w/ the gas lawnmower in there. Since I'm CF I kept my mouth shut as 'becuse I'm not a parent I dont know", but I asked my male friend who has 3 (adult) kids and my hub if they were smart enough especially at 18 not to do that exact crime w/ the fireworks, and they both said they were. The thing is....today's parents baby the kids so much, the risk-assessment and commonsense is not taught, therefore they could be 38 and "Not know" anything. That's why they still live in the basement and also don't do any other adult thing on their own (that isnt fun at least).

I notice my friends who have teens dont actually have that much trouble w/ their teens as some people did back in the day, but I don't think it's from good parenting, I think it is from being a 24-7 schoolmarm that doesn't let them outta their sight or let them make the smallest choice themselves. So the dumb warnings will just get longer and longer....one I read this week, "take hot pizza outta over w/ pot holders" duh Also most boxes will say wait to cool 2-5 mins now, so no burn your tongue lawsuits, because we're all too dumb to know to wait.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login