Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh, why couldn't they just use a pretzel jar?

Posted by mr. neptune 
Oh, why couldn't they just use a pretzel jar?
December 03, 2017
Being a man, I don't know, but why would a woman go through a uterus transplant? They say it's for the "experience" but isn't having a baby very painful?

Is this necessary?
Re: Oh, why couldn't they just use a pretzel jar?
December 03, 2017
Link doesn't work.sad smiley
December 03, 2017
Try to cut and paste this link. https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/exclusive-first-us-baby-born-after-a-uterus-transplant/ar-BBG1xAP
December 03, 2017
mr. neptune
Being a man, I don't know, but why would a woman go through a uterus transplant? They say it's for the "experience" but isn't having a baby very painful?

Is this necessary?
a
Never had a baby but I understand that it's quite painful. I would think the immunosuppressive drugs that have to be taken after transplant surgery would make having a baybee a bad idea, but, hey, what do I know? Has any research been done on what effects, if any, immunosuppressive drugs might have on a developing fetus? I mean, it's a potential human, not a damn science experiment! Just because it can be done that doesn't mean that it should.
December 03, 2017
That entire article is vomit-inducing. From the donor who professes to never wanting children "until they put that baby in my arms" and now has two and she wanted to help other women because it's not "fair" that some women can't gestate, to the quote from one of the doctors:

“We do transplants all day long,” says Dr. Giuliano Testa, the leader of the uterus transplant clinical trial at Baylor, and surgical chief of abdominal transplant for Baylor Annette C. and Harold C. Simmons Transplant Institute. “This is not the same thing. Clearly it's not. Transplants usually keep people from DYING. I totally underestimated what this type of transplant does for these women. Because perhaps you expected these women to think logically? What I’ve learned emotionally, I do not have the words to describe.”

How many medical resources are being wasted just so some cow can experience pregnancy? There are other ways to get a child. But this is what we've become....a nation of pronatalist whiners and enablers.
December 03, 2017
Eh.. pregnancy was NEVER something I wanted to experience. Guess us CF just don't see the appeal of things like puking, waddling, incontinence, having a parasite suck the life out of you, pain like pushing a watermelon through your 'hoo hah' and then.... you are responsible for it for the next 18 years (probably more) Just never appealed to me. Nope.. I see no pleasure in that.
Why on earth would someone want a freekin uterus transplant?? I sware.. women do so much crap to themselves in quest of the mighty loaf.. it's pathetic.
December 03, 2017
The uterus donor says it isn't fair some women can't get pregnant. There are a great many other things in the world that are much less fair than not being able to be impig. A plane crash, a maiming car wreck, a serious war wound, losing one's job through no fault of his/her own, congenital diseases, cancer, needing a necessary organ transplant, losing a limb, being paralyzed, being born with birth defects.

And at $500,000 just for the surgery she better has some very wealthy relatives who are willing to bankroll her cause. Gofundme isn't going to cut it!

Some women experience permanent issues after having baybeez and I'm not talking about stretch marks or perma diaper wearing. There are much nastier side affects out there, like prolapsed organs. And even if there were no post-impig side affects there is still the $250K plus to raise a kid.
December 04, 2017
500K? Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to hire a surrogate?
December 04, 2017
JoJo

Oh, but then they wouldn't be able to claim Martyr Moo status, because they suffered soooooo much for their widdle baybeeeee.

It's all so pukealicious. two faces puking
December 04, 2017
JoJo

Yes, but I think it would also cost less for the Instant Pot people to come up with a "breed" setting on their appliance.

Another thing I cannot understand and it was discussed here, why is having a baby so painful and such a big deal with all the screaming? When I worked at the zoo, I found out that in general, animals have their babies quietly so as not to attract predators. But humans brag about the pain and screaming. In fact, the simian apes had a baby this year, one day there were 2 of them and when the keepers came in the next day there were 3, just like those I didn't know I was pregnant shows. Did people in the distant past attract predators and some of us get eaten?
December 05, 2017
mr. neptune
JoJo

Another thing I cannot understand and it was discussed here, why is having a baby so painful and such a big deal with all the screaming?

It's because of the baby's-head-size-to-mother's-pelvis-width ratio. Human infants have large heads to accommodate our large brains. Unfortunately, women's pelvises have pretty much maxed out on how wide then can get. Any wider, a woman wouldn't be able to walk, let alone run. That's why human birth is so fraught with pain and danger.
December 05, 2017
skyeyes
mr. neptune
JoJo

Another thing I cannot understand and it was discussed here, why is having a baby so painful and such a big deal with all the screaming?

It's because of the baby's-head-size-to-mother's-pelvis-width ratio. Human infants have large heads to accommodate our large brains. Unfortunately, women's pelvises have pretty much maxed out on how wide then can get. Any wider, a woman wouldn't be able to walk, let alone run. That's why human birth is so fraught with pain and danger.

Large brains? Why don't these people USE their LARGE BRAINS!?!?
December 05, 2017
mr. neptune
skyeyes
mr. neptune
JoJo

Because it is easier to let someone else think for them.
December 06, 2017
mr. neptune
skyeyes
mr. neptune
JoJo

That is a question I can't answer.
December 06, 2017
It's OK you don't have to, it's a rhetorical question. But one question I have had is that if one has to go through a uterus transplant, wouldn't it be much easier on everyone, even though it's a weird idea, to grow a baby Outside of a body? It sure would save a lot of pain, just open when ready. Surely, we humans (maybe the Instant Pot people?) could not have found a way?
December 07, 2017
mr. neptune
It's OK you don't have to, it's a rhetorical question. But one question I have had is that if one has to go through a uterus transplant, wouldn't it be much easier on everyone, even though it's a weird idea, to grow a baby Outside of a body? It sure would save a lot of pain, just open when ready. Surely, we humans (maybe the Instant Pot people?) could not have found a way?

I have not heard of anyone doing research on artificial wombs, although there may be someone out there doing it and I just don't know about it. I suspect the research community - which is predominantly male - probably feel that since we have plenty of women around to carry babies, what would be the point?
December 07, 2017
There is research (and a newborn lamb grown) in fake wombs.

A lamb was grown in an artificial womb

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login