Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Why do I have to pay for seat selection when I have working genitals?"

Posted by tea princess 
Latest entitleparent thread on Flyertalk. Guy did not pay for seat selection, doesn't understand why is he supposed to pay like anyone else, he's offended because kids got seated apart from him, and several commenters think other paying passengers should be moved to accommodate this family.

Lots of "he's entitled to it", "you obviously don't have kids", "you must hate kids", also, a whole post of "children are more important than you", and "children will always come before you".

I love Flyertalk but sometimes it can be such a festering sea of chyld entitlement...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1880885-young-children-given-seats-away-parents-5.html
Re: 'Why do I have to pay for seat selection when I have working genitals?"
December 07, 2017
I wonder how breeders can maintain the narrative that they are special, given that the vast majority of humans breed.
yurble
I wonder how breeders can maintain the narrative that they are special, given that the vast majority of humans breed.

I wonder the same thing myself, but they are so miserable inside once childed, I think they think everything in terms of us vs them. And, they yearn for the old days of being "them" unchilded people.
December 09, 2017
yurble

It's a delusion right up there with Parenting Makes You a Better Person, and He'll Love It When It's Here
December 11, 2017
This reminds me of the flight I was on last Spring, when the woman next to me attempted to bully me out of my seat so her grandbrat could have my window seat. Because she saw my seat as better she pulled the whiney entitled card and tried to coerce me to give her the seat. And she was already sitting next to her brat, she just wanted to pick and choose her seats.

I just played the internal ignore button, which infuriated her. Random white knight heard the one sided storm brewing and saved her and they had a fundiwack circle jerk the rest of the flight. Because choosing seats ahead of time is too much work for breeders and it is up to us poor plebs to plan these things in advance and then be willing to give up our seat if a breeder or brat so much as sneezes in our direction. Meehhhh....
December 18, 2017
tea princess
...and why do I have to pay for ignoring baggage rules when it was BREAST MILK? grinning smiley

What a tragedy, the 13 mo. old may have to give up beast milk for a few day and eat real food.....with it's teeth! Oh the horror!
I do not get this fascination moos have with breastfeeding toddlers (and older). Do they ever do that with daughters, or only with sons? Because now that I think about it, the only stories I can recall about breastfeeding older kids have all been about boys...ewww.
December 20, 2017
yurble

It is not uncommon for a majority to oppress minority. History has many proofs of that.
December 20, 2017
Techie
yurble

It is not uncommon for a majority to oppress minority. History has many proofs of that.

Absolutely. I am just wondering who they expect to receive concessions from, when they are looking to be elevated above the majority, but they are part of the majority.
December 20, 2017
yurble
Techie
yurble

Absolutely. I am just wondering who they expect to receive concessions from, when they are looking to be elevated above the majority, but they are part of the majority.

Well, single and CF people already pay higher taxes, so in a way, financial privilege is given to majority. I am not sure that the majority will not be able to elevate itself the way they would want to, but they surely will keep taking a stick to minority and keep pounding and blame minority for all problems. Just like they have done throughout the history.

Then, there are regulations that downright discriminate. A house mortgage application always asks if the applicant has any dependents. So do many other places. You see, while blaming one guy for the fault of many won't produce fruitful results, the narcissism will get the fulfillment.
December 23, 2017
So I have a story here, it is backwards to the one here. I recently flew somewhere. I actually did pay extra for a seat selection, but was asked to move because some unaccompanied minor needed the seat. I was prompt about contacting the airline and getting a refund for the extra $$$ that I paid for seat selection. I hope that UM paid the difference so the airline did not miss out :-)
December 24, 2017
Techie
So I have a story here, it is backwards to the one here. I recently flew somewhere. I actually did pay extra for a seat selection, but was asked to move because some unaccompanied minor needed the seat. I was prompt about contacting the airline and getting a refund for the extra $$$ that I paid for seat selection. I hope that UM paid the difference so the airline did not miss out :-)

Was the new seat as good as the old one, or was it a downgrade? I never mind changing like for like (e.g., window on the left side for window on the right side, no obvious difference in the quality of neighbors) but otherwise the request is going to get a big nope from me. Reimbursing me the difference wouldn't be sufficient - the fact that I paid for the selection means that I value it at least as much as I paid for it.
December 24, 2017
yurble
Techie

Was the new seat as good as the old one, or was it a downgrade? I never mind changing like for like (e.g., window on the left side for window on the right side, no obvious difference in the quality of neighbors) but otherwise the request is going to get a big nope from me. Reimbursing me the difference wouldn't be sufficient - the fact that I paid for the selection means that I value it at least as much as I paid for it.

It was a slight downgrade but the way that airlines are in USA, getting my refund back was probably as good as it was going to get. I read the fine print and it is clear about the fact that seat selection is not guaranteed, there are times when they will give up your seat to "someone who needs it" and their liability is limited to refund of the price difference. You see, breeders and kids, they are the majority and the majority rules. Just think of the civil rights movements of 1950s and Rosa Parks. Besides, they dragged a guy off the plane before here, I was not about to get shitty with these bigots, I mean airline employees, I need clean record to keep my job. But, on the second thought, I could call the airline again and ask for more stuff.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/travel/passenger-removed-united-flight-trnd/
WHAT AN ASSLICK!

I fly internationally about three times a year, and most recently to Australia to see some friends of mine for Christmas after my husband died earlier this year. I could not fucking believe what I was hearing in the line at the airport! Fucking breeders demanding upgrades from steerage to first class simply because they had a twat torpedo. So you can bump uglies and produce a DNA trophy--hardly is some fucking Nobel prize accomplishment, right?

Okay, I am a privileged older bitch with a shitload of money who actually pays for a better seat. Doesn't mean some fucking moowhore or deballed duhddie is entitled to my seat because they spawned.

You want a better seat--fucking pay for it!
January 06, 2018
cfbitchfromla
WHAT AN ASSLICK!

I fly internationally about three times a year, and most recently to Australia to see some friends of mine for Christmas after my husband died earlier this year. I could not fucking believe what I was hearing in the line at the airport! Fucking breeders demanding upgrades from steerage to first class simply because they had a twat torpedo. So you can bump uglies and produce a DNA trophy--hardly is some fucking Nobel prize accomplishment, right?

Okay, I am a privileged older bitch with a shitload of money who actually pays for a better seat. Doesn't mean some fucking moowhore or deballed duhddie is entitled to my seat because they spawned.

You want a better seat--fucking pay for it!

When I travel business class, the last thing I want is a fucking kid next to me. That's what I'm paying to avoid, and aside from ridiculous fiction like boss baby, I sincerely doubt any kid is flying for business, as the name of the seating implies. Airlines that upgrade breeders and brats are going to face some serious backlash from the people who actually pay for those seats.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login