I'm booooorrrreeeed!
December 19, 2017
The library is starting to get busier to the point that my other job is going to suffer. The other job is a stupid easy job of data entry. There is a girl who constantly complains that she is done with everything and is bored. I offered for her to do this data entry next year instead of me. She refused saying she was hoping to be a stay at home mom this time next year and that she would be getting IVF treatments the first of the year. I'm speechless. Why even work if that is your end game?

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Re: I'm booooorrrreeeed!
December 19, 2017
Sorry, but I'm without words

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 20, 2017
addiea raine
The library is starting to get busier to the point that my other job is going to suffer. The other job is a stupid easy job of data entry. There is a girl who constantly complains that she is done with everything and is bored. I offered for her to do this data entry next year instead of me. She refused saying she was hoping to be a stay at home mom this time next year and that she would be getting IVF treatments the first of the year. I'm speechless. Why even work if that is your end game?

To pay for the fucking expensive IVF treatments, I expect.
December 20, 2017
Breeder minds work different from our minds. I suspect that lady works mostly because she has nothing better to do and that it would look "weird" if she did not work right now. Breeders really care what others think and what others think is what breeders do.

Now, when the lady becomes a SAHM, she will have a reason to be at home, because again, others won't judge her now.
December 20, 2017
If she didn't work now then she wouldn't have an audience to discuss her plans to have a baybee with, plus once she quits working (the master plan after the wedding for the lifescripters) she can reflect on how she used to work and was therefore 'a productive citizen' until the baybeez arrived. And she can express the righteous indignation of how unfair it is she isn't being handed 9 mos. of free pay for mooternity leave. And if she ever returns to work she can talk about how unfair it is that she has to return as entry level and that driving brats around for 12 years doesn't automatically entitle her to $120K a year or whatever bitchfest is in vogue for mombies.

If there is anyone best equipped to deal with kids it is boring adults with breeder brain and questionable intelligence. There will be plenty of drudgery to keep the poor thing from ever feeling bored again: cleaning, wiping up bodily fluids, and all the other terminally boring things parents endure. Collectively, parents would willingly pay someone else to do the drudgery if they could afford it and considered it socially acceptable. Seriously, would anyone clean, etc. if they didn't have to do so or weren't paid to do so?

And when she longs for social contact she can broadcast her mombie martyrdom on a number of social media forums.
December 22, 2017
Brings to mind a phrase a colleague used with her own children if they complained of being bored: "only boring people are bored".
December 24, 2017
True and I'm tempted to say "you keep telling me you're bored so here". Like I said, it's stupid easy work and I usually listen to an audiobook just to make it less painfully boring. With the library going full-swing though I got a bit behind with it. I would rather not get behind next year so I'm thinking of talking my boss into making her do it since she keeps complaining.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
December 26, 2017
And that would be perfect. She sounds like a child who wants "things to do".

If we complained of boredom as kids, Mom would suggest a couple fun things, like "ride your bike", "see if your brother/sister wants to play a board game", etc. Then she'd start suggesting chores. I learned the hard way that if we didn't find something to do, she'd start assigning some of those chores.

I say you and/or the boss should use the same technique with Ms. Bored. Or say "I know three other people who'd love to have your job and would never be bored".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login