Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stay late for me because I have a kid

Stay late for me because I have a kid
January 05, 2018
Today it was really dead at work, and like always, I started the drawer fifteen minutes to close because If I mess up and have to start over, I want to still leave on time if possible. Today a guy opened the door as I was counting, around 8:50ish. I told him “sorry, we’re closed,” and he relayed this information to someone outside. Moo walked in with a kid and said “it’s not 9, why are you closed? You’re supposed to close at 9.” I told her that it takes me a minute to do the drawer and so I start a few minutes early. Moo said “but I have a little kid.” I’m trying not to get fired so I just stared at her for a minute before saying “sorry.” You’d think she’d leave it at that and either come back tomorrow or get ice cream from the other two places that sell it there, or from the grocery store a block down but no, she decided to use her time bothering me. She asked if I was the manager and I told her no. In typical moo fashion, probably imagining herself to be threatening, she says “I want to speak to your manager.” I told her he isn’t here, but I can take her name and number and have him call her. No, she wants to talk to him herself, and asks for his number. I gave her the store number and she quite rudely asked my name. Sidebar - but I hate it when problem customers ask for your name. You get the feeling, probably rightly, that they want to give a very one sided account and lie. Because ice cream is totally worth messing with someone’s livelihood, right? I gave her my name and then the kid starts whining “I want ice cream.” Moo tells kid we’re closed and he just keeps repeating “but I want ice cream!!” Moo passive aggressively tells him he can’t have it because “she” won’t stay open. Honestly what is wrong with people?! They had all damn day to get their ice cream, and they didn’t. And then, instead of going to someplace where they could get some they decided to bother me. I think people like her must get off on trying to intimidate store employees. What a sad life she must have. It pissed me off, and I needed to vent, but at least I can content myself with knowing that will never be my life!

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: Stay late for me because I have a kid
January 06, 2018
That kid should've been in bed at 9pm, not being dragged out to an ice cream store by its idiotic moo! If a customer asks for my name - in the hopes of using it against me - I give them my middle name. Is that dishonest? Perhaps, but when some pain in the arse customer is trying to get me fired just because they aren't getting their way, I don't care.

They had all damn day to get their ice cream, and they didn’t.

This^

It bugs the shit out of me when customers decide to come in when we're about to close and they always say "but I only need one thing!", well too damn bad, you know the stores opening hours and you've had all day - a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
January 06, 2018
Although I think the moo could have taught the child a lesson in disappointment (who desperately needs ice cream in the winter?) I have myself been frustrated with shops that close before the appointed hour. I feel that the management ought to include sufficient time for closing, and that time ought to start after the opening hours end. (I totally understand why workers would close early if management is unrealistic; I am not blaming them at all.) Of course I would not normally plan to be at a shop right before closing, but sometimes it happens that there's a delay or an emergency, and then it can be extremely irritating when a shop has closed before the appointed time.
January 07, 2018
lurker-derp
That kid should've been in bed at 9pm, not being dragged out to an ice cream store by its idiotic moo! If a customer asks for my name - in the hopes of using it against me - I give them my middle name. Is that dishonest? Perhaps, but when some pain in the arse customer is trying to get me fired just because they aren't getting their way, I don't care.

They had all damn day to get their ice cream, and they didn’t.

This^

It bugs the shit out of me when customers decide to come in when we're about to close and they always say "but I only need one thing!", well too damn bad, you know the stores opening hours and you've had all day - a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

When it comes to restaurants and stores like that I give them some leeway for closing. Some of those stores spend an hour plus after it closes shutting it down. It isn't realistic to expect them to prepare me food minutes before they are closing.

Now, it is different for big box stores. I once went to one 20 minutes before it was to close in 2008, which is plenty of time for me to find exactly what I need. They kicked me out stating they were closing in 20 minutes. There were people shopping everywhere who weren't being harassed. Keep in mind this is the same bunch of jerks who once tried to accuse me of theft. I never steal and accusing me is only going to ensure I sue them once they are found in the wrong. Hope someone sues them, they deserve it. I left and won't shop there ever again.
January 07, 2018
I’ve worked in both and I agree. For stores it doesn’t matter because there isn’t food that will bring bugs and they aren’t visited by health inspectors. Restaurants are different though because there isn’t a way to serve people and not make a mess. I think the worst job I ever had was washing dishes at a chain restaurant. I couldn’t close until the sauté station and grills were washed, which didn’t happen until the restaurant closed. Even then it took forever because the sauces on sauté would be blackened and burned onto the container, but I digress. What bothered me about this lady, besides for her coming in 6 minutes to close and trying to get me fired, was her idea that I’d treat her differently because she had a kid. There’s another forum on here about breeders wanting seat selection for free, and it irritates me to no end. You have kids? Congratu-fucking-lations, so do a couple of BILLION other people. You aren’t entitled to special treatment for forgetting to use birth control.

Ugh, people. On the bright side though I didn’t get in trouble. I was told not to close early on weekends {I don’t and won’t} but other than that my manager didn’t care.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
January 08, 2018
People with completely unrealistic expectations and entitlement is the main reason why I loathe customer service jobs. I hated having to be fully and personally verbally abused over douches not wanting to pay 1/2 cents on resistors.

I was once working at a version of Radio Shack, and I remember how after closing, and putting the clear roller shutter down, whilst closing the till, you would have people knocking on the closed roller door to come in. One such Duh actually argued through the closed door for 15 minutes, demanding to open the store only for him to come in. Seriously, we know breeders are entitled, but this took the cake. The boss had to actually go out and tell this deluded twat to beat it, otherwise security would called to charge him.

One thing I sure as hell would stand my ground at was never giving my name. Nobody can legally demand my name, and they would need a warrant if they want it. Plus demanding that you give them my name is pure intimidation, and I'm sure as heck ain't going to be intimidated by some tantrum throwing, entitled breeder who clearly is in the wrong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login