Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Not an infant formula"

Posted by Techie 
"Not an infant formula"
January 07, 2018
Maybe I have not been paying attention, but as of lately, I have noticed that hemp milk, cashew milk and almond milk, they all come with warnings: "Not an infant formula". I wonder what is the deal. Stores have entire sections dedicated to baby foods, one can't miss those sections. Those milks are not sold there. Is there some unhappy pahrunt that started some legal fiasco? Regular milk is not an infant formula but I did not see any such labels on it. I wonder why almond, cashew and hemp milk packages are being labeled like that?
Re: "Not an infant formula"
January 07, 2018
I think it is all liability for the store. If a crunchy moo feeds her kid soymilk and finds out the hard way the sprog is allergic then it is lawsuit time
January 07, 2018
It's worse than a parent suing a formula maker. Apparently there are dumbass parunts out there who are too stupid to properly feed their kids.

It should be a no-brainer that infant formula is infant formula and milk is milk and the two serve different purposes:

vegan parunts convicted of starving their 6 week old baybee to death

hipster parents starve their 9 month old kid to death with a gluten free lactose free quinoa milk diet

Too bad it doesn't hurt to be stupid.
January 07, 2018
Can't blame a parent for not wanting to breast feed but any pediatrician can give out a list of alternatives. Probably midwives too. Stupid should hurt!
January 08, 2018
bell_flower

hipster parents starve their 9 month old kid to death with a gluten free lactose free quinoa milk diet

Jesus H. Fucking Christ. How stupid do you have to be to starve an infant to death?
January 08, 2018
bell_flower
It's worse than a parent suing a formula maker. Apparently there are dumbass parunts out there who are too stupid to properly feed their kids.

It should be a no-brainer that infant formula is infant formula and milk is milk and the two serve different purposes:

Thank you for sharing links, this now makes sense. While I do not use soy milk, I use other alternatives such as cashew and hemp, I can see how idiots have killed their kids through malnutrition. What I do not get, why don't parents use a baby formula sold at just about any super market? It may not be perfect but the idea is not new and parents used it for a long time now. Also, conventional cow milk does not have all the nutrients either, should sellers be labeling it too?
January 08, 2018
skyeyes

Jesus H. Fucking Christ. How stupid do you have to be to starve an infant to death?

I wonder about the same exact thing. If they don't know how to feed an infant, why not just Google it? Info is out there, probably in every language imaginable.
January 08, 2018
because sometimes people are so sure they know the right way, that they "have no need" for advice. Some of these people even attain positions of great power!shrug
January 08, 2018
reeniebessagain
because sometimes people are so sure they know the right way, that they "have no need" for advice. Some of these people even attain positions of great power!shrug

You do have a point there. Plenty of "know it all" fellows out there who really don't know a whole lot.
January 09, 2018
Veganism can be perfectly nutritious for adults, but then there are fanatics who want to push their views on those in their care, regardless of the consequences. I'm talking about people who try to make their cats vegetarian, or who want their babies to be vegan. Regardless of medical advice, they think they know best. And it's la-la-la-can't-hear-you if you try to mention that sprogging isn't green.

So the labels are to try to protect infants from fanatics. I don't see the point myself, since a determined breeder can easily cause malnutrition through dogma or laziness (as in sugary drinks and junk food) and the state will only step in in the event of death.
January 09, 2018
Cats and infants are wildly different species, thank goodness.

The American Dietetic Association states that well-planned vegan and vegetarian diets are appropriate for all life stages. There are dairy-free infant formulas, as well as of course breastfeeding, for parents who wish to raise their child with these values. And there are plenty of hideous parents who are omnivores who have starved their kids (google "parents starved child to death" for the latest cases), but no one blames omnivorism--it's just shitty breeders.
January 10, 2018
Techie
Maybe I have not been paying attention, but as of lately, I have noticed that hemp milk, cashew milk and almond milk, they all come with warnings: "Not an infant formula". I wonder what is the deal. Stores have entire sections dedicated to baby foods, one can't miss those sections. Those milks are not sold there. Is there some unhappy pahrunt that started some legal fiasco? Regular milk is not an infant formula but I did not see any such labels on it. I wonder why almond, cashew and hemp milk packages are being labeled like that?

I will be very shocked if some cow didn't try to substitute one of those 'milks' for good ol' baby formula.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 10, 2018
yurble
Veganism can be perfectly nutritious for adults, but then there are fanatics who want to push their views on those in their care, regardless of the consequences. I'm talking about people who try to make their cats vegetarian, or who want their babies to be vegan. Regardless of medical advice, they think they know best. And it's la-la-la-can't-hear-you if you try to mention that sprogging isn't green.

So the labels are to try to protect infants from fanatics. I don't see the point myself, since a determined breeder can easily cause malnutrition through dogma or laziness (as in sugary drinks and junk food) and the state will only step in in the event of death.

Very good point, but there are also just the stone stupid who just don't know anything. They think because it says "milk" it is good for babies.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 10, 2018
yurble
I'm talking about people who try to make their cats vegetarian, or who want their babies to be vegan.

Kitties are carnivores! All of them! Only some eat vegan babies, not all.
January 11, 2018
It's amazing to me that moos wouldn't research the HELL out of something before feeding it to their kids. When I first got Conner, I researched all of the foods that were good for him, bad and dangerous. I make sure he has good nutrition and a well balanced diet every day, and that goes for all of my pets. Leah is starting to explore new foods, and she's come a long way with her health and happiness. She loves popcorn and banana bread Shreddies, which I give to her as a treat on weekends. I do feed my pets some extra stuff, but I have always made sure to give them treats in moderation and a widely varied, healthy diet.

As a cold, unnatural and inhuman CF woman, I care more about my pets than these idiots who give their kids stuff willy nilly without doing the research first.
January 11, 2018
mumofsixbirds
It's amazing to me that moos wouldn't research the HELL out of something before feeding it to their kids. When I first got Conner, I researched all of the foods that were good for him, bad and dangerous. I make sure he has good nutrition and a well balanced diet every day, and that goes for all of my pets. Leah is starting to explore new foods, and she's come a long way with her health and happiness. She loves popcorn and banana bread Shreddies, which I give to her as a treat on weekends. I do feed my pets some extra stuff, but I have always made sure to give them treats in moderation and a widely varied, healthy diet.

As a cold, unnatural and inhuman CF woman, I care more about my pets than these idiots who give their kids stuff willy nilly without doing the research first.

Moos can be serious Pollyannas and not realize the danger of the world around them. They expect any and all humans to care about their shitlings as much as they are SUPPOSED to.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login