Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Poor People Do Not Deserve to Have Children

Posted by craftyzits 
January 10, 2018
I am politically rather liberal, but in one area I am very conservative and anti-natalist. Only the rich can afford to breed. Anyone who is not a millionaire cannot afford a brat. You read that right, ONE SINGLE BRAT. I have little sympathy toward these single moo cows who squeeze out four brats and think that a Walmart gig is gonna support them all. Or that Walmart SHOULD support them all. She drags the brats up via a toe rag and on the largesse of the tax payer. It was her choice to fuck with out a condom then squeeze 'em out. Usually one is a tard.

I'm of a different opinion when it comes to caring for an elder or a sibling and seeking out bennies. You did not breed the sibling or the elder.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Re: Poor People Do Not Deserve to Have Children
January 10, 2018
"It's easy to dismiss this as the ravings of a lunatic but the truth is that this mentality is all too pervasive, even though it is repulsive both as a matter of public policy and as a moral value".

So responsible people who think are loons and "repulsive"
January 10, 2018
I think a person should be able to support themselves comfortably on one salary. Once you start adding dependents, well, you're going to have less discretionary income. I do think in the case of a handicapped adult the state ought offer support, however, as that is not a choice. But a stay-at-home spouse and children are a choice.
January 10, 2018
The author really needs to learn to separate church from state. Public policy and moral values don't mix. I do agree with her about corporate welfare though re: McDonald's.

Not sure if the caller actually used the word 'deserve' or if that was just thrown in as a straw man here.
I don't think anyone 'deserves' or 'doesn't deserve' to have kids, period. It isn't a matter of deserving and people need to stop thinking of children as a privilege because it is 100% a responsibility. If poor people would stop having kids then the SNAP money to support them could be diverted so that they would receive more, poor single people would also receive money and perhaps some of the mentally ill who can't afford medications could also receive money towards that. Makes more sense to me to support the people here and now rather than add more baybeez who are going to grow up poor because someone decides they 'deserve' baybeez.

I don't equate having adequate funds as being the sole criteria for having kids but it is definitely one necessary factor. Anyone who has had to miss meals would likely agree. It would make more sense if stated 'poor people cannot afford to have children'. The statement is totally obvious but since 1 out of 4 kids grows up on welfare it definitely doesn't sink into lots of skulls.

If a job doesn't make ends meet then considering adding another mouth to feed is stupid.
January 10, 2018
Notice how there are no comments in this article? Maybe afraid that too many people will say poor people should not have kids - they really should not.
January 12, 2018
"But if I had waited until all circumstances were right, I would never have had children."

When someone tells me this, they always expect me to understand immediately that it would be the greatest tragedy ever if they never had kids, and of course they HAD to have kids.
January 12, 2018
tea princess
"But if I had waited until all circumstances were right, I would never have had children."

When someone tells me this, they always expect me to understand immediately that it would be the greatest tragedy ever if they never had kids, and of course they HAD to have kids.

My eyeballs are rolling right outa my sockets when I hear this...

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 12, 2018
Nobody deserves to bring another human being into the world without the means to care for them. I just can't wrap my head around the brain of a breeder. My moo was poor, but she worked to pay for everything. We lived hand-to-mouth most of the time, in a cockroach infested apartment. She was very clean, but unfortunately, our neighbors were not.

She had nothing but anger and resentment towards me, and showed it all the time. Not only did she have the pressure of poverty, but she had to raise me. Even though I was a relatively good kid, she always found a reason to be angry with me. It was a hellish life. She should never have had me.

Poverty isn't just about not being able to care for loaves financially, but the stress and depression of the situation is also a breeding ground for abuse. Nobody deserves to come into this world with the odds stacked against them.
January 12, 2018
I once saw a thread on another forum where the OP asked if it was bad or wrong for someone poor like him to have kids. He already had one kid so probably was looking for ass pats telling him it was OK. Most of the answers gave him his ass pats and got a lot of likes, but I did not.

Why? Because I am poor and knew enough what it's like, which I suspected that a lot of the other commentors didn't. I told him it's an easy way to never leave poverty, to always be money strapped, and that having children while poor can suck your time and energy out of getting out of it. Already your brain is devoted to just trying to get through another day without running through money and the stress of worrying if you have enough money to pay for rent or utilities or food, and adding children saps even more one's mental reserve, making this shit ever that much harder.

Needless to say it wasn't 'liked,' very much (if at all) because it didn't tell him what he wanted to hear and didn't make other people feel warm and fuzzy. When it comes to poverty and having children, people want to coddle them and not appear 'classist.' They don't want to be the big meanie heads and say 'No, maybe you shouldn't, because think of what life the children will have to lead?' Intead they tell them all of these platitudes that just reinforce the choice they make and that what they do is 'OK.'

Ugh. Truth hurts, and all some people do is just bury their heads up even harder in their asses when they hear it.
January 15, 2018
Around here people have definitely a very different mindset if you are a woman and lost your job. I already started losing the count of how many times i've been told this is the perfect time to get knocked up because hey, afterwards DH has a job (temporary but who cares baybeees!). And besides the i'll get lots of money from the state if i calve. Right now besides basic unemployment money i don't receive anything. And for that i have to search and apply actively for jobs and report my activity every week. But if you calve, you don't have to do any of that! You'll have the most important job!

People are really shocked that i actually look actively for a full-time job, freelance and volunteer meanwhile. And go to different courses in order to enhance my skills for the job market.

This is related to this subject as me and DH have a very modest financial situation as we also need to take care of my sick MIL and grandparents.

It seems that people are still stuck in the past when it was normal for women to just stay at home on husband's dime.
January 15, 2018
blackpearl
Around here people have definitely a very different mindset if you are a woman and lost your job. I already started losing the count of how many times i've been told this is the perfect time to get knocked up because hey, afterwards DH has a job (temporary but who cares baybeees!). And besides the i'll get lots of money from the state if i calve. Right now besides basic unemployment money i don't receive anything. And for that i have to search and apply actively for jobs and report my activity every week. But if you calve, you don't have to do any of that! You'll have the most important job!

People are really shocked that i actually look actively for a full-time job, freelance and volunteer meanwhile. And go to different courses in order to enhance my skills for the job market.

This is related to this subject as me and DH have a very modest financial situation as we also need to take care of my sick MIL and grandparents.

It seems that people are still stuck in the past when it was normal for women to just stay at home on husband's dime.

When I was on SSI and getting about $400 something a month I was HARASSED over "Go calve! You make a great mother, and the government will pay!" It didn't matter that I had an alphabet soup of mental disorders and physical problems including Asbergers. I just have to breed you know, like we aren't over populated or anything, we need every little shitbag.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 01, 2018
Eh, I think financial security is ONE important element for providing a healthy childhood...a big one. But it's possible to have a decent childhood while poor as long as your parents are sane & loving. It's less possible to have a good childhood when your parents are rich but insane or abusive. I'd prefer psychological tests to rule out sadistic or neglectful candidates personally. It's too easy for people to cry 'discrimination!' or especially 'racism!' if you base it off income.

But I agree to an extent--having kids is the single most expensive endeavor you'll ever take on. To say you "can't afford" an abortion but can afford to have a baby is nonsense! That's 18 years of food, clothing, education, doctors, school supplies, toys, housing & miscellaneous. Having children should be seen as a privilege, not a right. I wouldn't say you have to be rich or super-wealthy to have kids, but you should have a solid savings & steady income at the very least. Nobody should be getting paid by the state to have kids. I have absolutely nothing against social welfare or disability programs UNLESS people are having kids they can't care for & abusing the system. I may be poor but you can never say I brought a child into this world to fuck up or make taxpayers pick up the tab for. smug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login