Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

potentially interesting articles

Posted by kittehpeoples 
potentially interesting articles
January 12, 2018
The first one is just another example of a pregnant woman who just knows her life is rougher than yours:

You brought this on yourself, you know

The second is a longish article about women admitting they regret having kids. I didn't read the whole thing (got about halfway through), but it seems like a fairly dispassionate presentation of the information. The author still refers to CF people as "childless by choice," but does note the 2010 study that found that CF people are happier than breeders.

Was having kids a mistake? Yes, yes it was.
Re: potentially interesting articles
January 14, 2018
kittehpeoples
The first one is just another example of a pregnant woman who just knows her life is rougher than yours:

[/url]

We are exhausted from an illness we didn't choose. We don't have the energy to whine about anything as it was all we can do to make it through the day. During free time we sleep and just try to make it to the store to have groceries or other basic stuff. This pregnant woman is making tons of assumptions about an entire train full of people. How does she know the health of everyone on the train? Appearances can be deceiving and pregnancy is a choice.

From,
sick and in pain and not pregnant
January 15, 2018

When discussing motherhood, however, Amy deviates from the maternal script: if she could make that choice over again, she says, she wouldn’t. She never wanted children (“I was very independent,” she says)—her husband did. “It would have been a deal-breaker.” Parenthood put an untenable strain on the marriage; her husband wasn’t as involved as she wanted; they separated. Life is difficult, Amy reports: “Our child has two homes and I’m still doing 90 per cent of it on my own.”

It seems like the kid was a deal-breaker after all. It's hard to cure stupidity. At least she stopped with one - most of the people in that article have multiple children. How dumb do you have to be to not really enjoy something and then give it a second, or a third, try?
January 15, 2018
yurble

When discussing motherhood, however, Amy deviates from the maternal script: if she could make that choice over again, she says, she wouldn’t. She never wanted children (“I was very independent,” she says)—her husband did. “It would have been a deal-breaker.” Parenthood put an untenable strain on the marriage; her husband wasn’t as involved as she wanted; they separated. Life is difficult, Amy reports: “Our child has two homes and I’m still doing 90 per cent of it on my own.”

It seems like the kid was a deal-breaker after all. It's hard to cure stupidity. At least she stopped with one - most of the people in that article have multiple children. How dumb do you have to be to not really enjoy something and then give it a second, or a third, try?

Maybe it is the Stockholm Syndrome brain taking over and rotting out the head? I have no other ideas for people who whine about having a kid and then have more.
January 16, 2018
From one of the regretful ones:

Typical WannaBreed Og male: give me an heir, but don't expect me to do any work.

And "it would have been a deal breaker?" Why wasn't his wanting children a deal breaker FOR HER?

Bed. Made. Lie.
January 16, 2018
I never understood this "I never wanted kids, but my spouse did" excuse. Why would someone stay with someone when there is a deal breaker issue on the table and then claim that they are so "independent?"

It is probably the fact that she sold out her independence when she realized the guy had a solid high paying career and suddenly she realized her best bet was to talk herself into the idea that it can't be that bad. Yet she is so "independent"
January 16, 2018
It seems to me that having kids was a deal breaker too. Ogs need to pick a lane and stay in it.
January 17, 2018
I never understand how people can talk themselves in to things like that. For me the thought of pregnancy produces a wave of disgust, especially since reading about fetal cells infecting the brain. Gives me the same kind of shivers that thinking about parasites does. I'm fortunate in that I never had a contraceptive failure prior to sterilization, but I imagine if I had I'd be the one running, not walking, to get an abortion, and freaking out until every last bit was removed. Considering breastfeeding produces a similar but less severe reaction.

I suppose not everyone who doesn't have children finds the thought of pregnancy so inherently disgusting, but if you don't want the end result, how can any physical suffering - especially one which leaves permanent changes - be justified? I don't know anyone who opts to be stricken by disease, for instance. If you don't want a kid, willingly going through pregnancy seems as alien to me as a person voluntarily infecting themselves with malaria. Such a person sounds certifiable.
January 17, 2018
I despise these articles by pregnant women who are so offended at not being given bus or subway seats. I know someone with MS. You'd never know by looking at him that he's as sick as he is, but he suffers from severe fatigue and balance issues. He needs that seat. For all she knows, other passengers are pregnant too---maybe in the early and not visible stages where you have nausea or low blood pressure.
January 19, 2018
kittehpeoples

People with disabilities don't seek out those disabilities for attention or mindlessly fuck bareback and "accidentally" get one up the duff.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Macleans Magazine article on "Moos don't want to be moos"
February 01, 2018
http://www.macleans.ca/regretful-mothers/

Here's an article in Macleans Magazine which discusses how moos really don't want to be moos. Nothing we don't know, but at least it is starting to come out of the shadows. Parental regret.

Macleans magazine is the Canadian equivalent to Time in the states. A very well respected magazine. I haven't completely read the article yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who's interested.
Re: Macleans Magazine article on "Moos don't want to be moos"
February 01, 2018
I have the Texture app and this article popped up in my notifications as something I’d be interested in reading. I haven’t finished it yet, but it’s definitely interesting. I’m glad this is starting to get more mainstream attention.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Re: Macleans Magazine article on "Moos don't want to be moos"
February 01, 2018
I just skimmed thru it. Wow, it really hits the nail on the head regarding modern parenthood thru the current years as being a 'commodity' sold to everyone, and motherhood being a 'performance', and what used to be considered fringe thinking is now the norm. Maybe by the time I'm an old woman, the pendulum will swing the other way from this craziness, except I wont be young enough to enjoy it.

In the pic, I'm wondering why a perfect and involved mom would let her young daughter climb and kneel on a kitchen counter right by a hot stove and frying pan, one slip and she's mutilated. And the same goes for that baby in her front facing sling, a splash of oil from the veggies and the baby is burnt? I'm not a parent, but I CAN THINK OF THIS?!!! Put the baby in a high chair, or play pen(get those things sold again), or whatever carrier, and cook w/ two hands. If the baby cries, THAT'S OKAY, AT LEAST THE BABY WON'T BE BURNT WITH OIL.
February 01, 2018
Sorry about that, guys, I didn't see this thread.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login