Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baby brains are real, science proves it

Posted by Techie 
Baby brains are real, science proves it
January 16, 2018
I was the unfortunate fellow a few times when I could tell that a female in my surrounding was pregnant before she even announced it. How? I would notice that she did not act herself. For example, she would try to power on her work PC through the monitor power button or that she would stick her lunch into a freezer when it is supposed to go into the refrigerator. Filling a gasoline powered car with diesel fuel is also a common practice. Basically, pregnant women would lose their mind and they could not hide it. Now, we have scientic proof:

http://www.refinery29.uk/2018/01/187921/baby-brain-real-pregnancy-study

I will add a "clickable link" to make it easier for those on smart phones:

http://www.refinery29.uk/2018/01/187921/baby-brain-real-pregnancy-study
Re: Baby brains are real, science proves it
January 16, 2018
It's scary but i act like that when i'm very tired or stressed.grinning smiley
January 16, 2018
blackpearl
It's scary but i act like that when i'm very tired or stressed.grinning smiley

Me too. Or if I eat too much gluten. grinning smiley
January 16, 2018
Refinery29.uk
It has long been speculated that pregnancy impacts memory, and research has backed up this idea, but a new study helps to paint a much clearer picture of exactly how pregnancy affects a woman's brain. For one thing, it's not just memory that's impacted, but executive functioning, too, which includes attention, inhibition, decision-making and planning.

Yes, decision making and planning. Pregnant women do not function like their normal selves when it comes to decision making.

It proves such behavior here:

Refinery29.uk
The key findings? Compared to non-pregnant women, pregnant women perform worse on tasks measuring attention, inhibition, decision-making and planning, as well as memory. One such test was the digit span test, in which women were asked to memorise numbers in a line.
January 16, 2018
Now, I would like to add something that most of us on here already knew. Pregnancy changes brain structure. No news to us. When people here call out a "dumb moo cow", ladies and gentlemen, that is not by any means any sort of exaggeration.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/dec/19/pregnancy-causes-long-term-changes-to-brain-structure-says-study

The Guargian

Pregnancy appears to trigger long-term changes in brain structure, researchers have revealed, suggesting that the transformations could boost a mother’s ability to care for her newborn baby.

The study, based on brains scans, found that the volume of grey matter in certain regions of the brain decreased in women who had been pregnant – a shift that was found to last for at least two years.

“These changes were remarkably consistent,” said Elseline Hoekzema, co-author of the research from Leiden University. “So consistent that a computer algorithm could automatically identify which of the women in our sample had been pregnant between the sessions and which [had] not.”

There is more at the link
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login