Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Childfree vs Antinatalism

Posted by cfdavep 
Childfree vs Antinatalism
January 17, 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/misanthropy/comments/7qao1j/child_worship/

I actually read this reddit page as there is a lot of intelligent fun to read posts on it where people just let it rip with how they really feel. The people on there claim mostly to be CF and say that they are fed up with the way humans treat each other and the environment. Anyway there is a "child worship" thread where people talk about how todays society, of course, now worships kids and the fallout from that. There was a strange poster who said he hated "reddit: CF" and instead goes to "reddit: antinatalism" because the reddit: CF people were a group of "selfish cunt nuggets" who see kids as repulsive and a burden, unlike at the antinatalism place where apparently people are CF for the reason that the world is an awful place. I thought CF and antinatalism were the same thing.

I have met people who are "CF" who say that kids are wonderful, but they will never have them. I once dated a "CF" guy many years ago who said that kids are just the best, and disliked any CF people who saw kids as a burden and repulsive, who would say anything about them that made them seem less then unicorn glitter. One of those who are over the moon over neices and nephews and see kids as breeders do, yet keep saying "they are not for me". I have a feeling that maybe they are really fence sitters or are trying to come off as rebellious and edgy in their youth. The guy I knew years ago now has one teenager, so not so CF. Weird
Re: Childfree vs Antinatalism
January 17, 2018
It's perfectly fine to say you don't like the color green, two-seater cars, snakes, etc. etc. However, it never seems to be OK to say you don't like kids. I personally don't like 'em. They are loud, destructive, annoying and just plain mean in some cases. If this person wants to vilify me for not liking something, that's their problem. I am under no obligation to like kids, especially kids that aren't a part of my immediate family.

TBH, I am not for ANY strangers. If a stranger happens to be a kid, I am expected to smile, wave, baby-talk stupid shit to it, and if I don't, I'm a bad person. I don't engage with anyone I don't know, including kids.

I don't expect everyone in the world to love birds. I have five birds, and they are my family. I would be considered a NUTCASE if I expected everyone in the world to love my pets, because there are people who just don't care for them. Why is it any different for kids? I know, I'm preaching to the choir.
January 17, 2018
Antinatalists don't have to be CF. They can adopt. CF don't have to be antinatalists, as many choose not to have children because they can't stand kids, not out of any greater philosophy. And there are CF people who don't dislike children but don't want to be parents, due to the environment, hereditary conditions, and so on. Beyond the basic belief that defines the group, people can hold whatever other opinions they desire.

For instance, I loathe being around kids. I hate the noise they make, their lack of awareness of others, their revolting hygiene, and their poor understanding of personal boundaries. I find interacting with them boring at best, due to their lack of ability to engage in intelligent discussion. I never wanted to be a parent because I don't like kids.

I'm also a natural pessimist and I eventually reached the position of antinatalism through my own reasoning. One need not like everyone in order to be sympathetic of the human condition. The poster you cited is a good example, with disliking "selfish" CFers, and still claiming to be antinatalist.
January 18, 2018
mumofsixbirds
It's perfectly fine to say you don't like the color green, two-seater cars, snakes, etc. etc. However, it never seems to be OK to say you don't like kids. I personally don't like 'em. They are loud, destructive, annoying and just plain mean in some cases. If this person wants to vilify me for not liking something, that's their problem. I am under no obligation to like kids, especially kids that aren't a part of my immediate family.

TBH, I am not for ANY strangers. If a stranger happens to be a kid, I am expected to smile, wave, baby-talk stupid shit to it, and if I don't, I'm a bad person. I don't engage with anyone I don't know, including kids.

I don't expect everyone in the world to love birds. I have five birds, and they are my family. I would be considered a NUTCASE if I expected everyone in the world to love my pets, because there are people who just don't care for them. Why is it any different for kids? I know, I'm preaching to the choir.

^This. I don't like every adult I meet, so why is it obligatory to like all kids? Especially considering the nastiness of many of them; at least the average adult can act halfway civilized!
January 19, 2018
I know this is ancient history, but on Turtle's Brat Page he had the question "do you hate children?" in his FAQ. His answer was he does not hate children but he does hate the idea all adults should adore all children just because they are children, regardless of the individual child's temperament or behavior.

I totally agree. Very few people would expect me to like all adults regardless or their temperament or behavior, so why should I think all children are wonderful? Also I wish more people would admit how nasty and rotten kids can be. I don't like kids because I was bullied a lot. When I hear people say anyone who dislikes children is a heartless bitch I feel like they are totally discounting my experience.
January 19, 2018
Even little kids don't like all kids. We learned as little kids that we aren't going to like everything and it isn't black and white. The world isn't now and will never become all-inclusive. I've looked at the Reddit before and there are plenty of people there who state they like kids often, they just don't want them. I wouldn't be surprised if it is at least 50% or even more of the vocal ones there that express this opinion.
January 19, 2018
mumofsixbirds

Your board name is mumofSIXbirds. What happened to #6?

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 19, 2018
When I signed up, I had six budgies. Three have gone to the rainbow bridge, and now I have Conner, Leah, my rescue cockatiel and three budgies. There's always room for one more, so I decided to keep my name as mumofsixbirds. I'm hoping I can take in another rescue soon. smiling smiley
January 21, 2018
I personally am anti-natalist, and find it funny how triggered people get when I express the idea that one should not bring kids into the world because humanity and the world are fucked up. I've been told to kill myself over these views (ironic!) and that it's good I don't want kids so I won't spread my screwed up views to future generationsXD
January 22, 2018
I am not antinatalist as we need SOME children to continue the species. I am very much a hater of most brats.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 22, 2018
craftyzits
I am not antinatalist as we need SOME children to continue the species. I am very much a hater of most brats.

That's not a reason, it's just a statement of fact. Obviously children are needed if the species is to continue. The antinatalist question is "Why do we need to continue the species?" (And thus the any explanation for being natalist would need to answer that question.)
January 22, 2018
There are times where I think Humans should Darwin. But not all the time. We just need ta grow the fuck up!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 22, 2018

I personally am anti-natalist, and find it funny how triggered people get when I express the idea that one should not bring kids into the world because humanity and the world are fucked up.

The mere thought of the human race not continuing is a source of hand-wringing and hysteria for childed people, presumably because they have sprogged. (So they bear responsibility for the suffering of their DNA products because they chose to bring them here.

If the human species should die out, I won't be around to care. Immediate suffering aside, would it really be that great a tragedy, considering all the damage we've done to the Earth? Thanks to human advances, I'm living a nice life today, but I don't think humans as a species are inherently "better" than any other species....we've just figured out a way to pound the rest of the Earth into submission and climb to the top of the food chain.

One could argue that humans are like a cancer on the Earth, particularly when you look at all the damage we've caused to other species and life forms.
January 23, 2018
bell_flower

I personally am anti-natalist, and find it funny how triggered people get when I express the idea that one should not bring kids into the world because humanity and the world are fucked up.

The mere thought of the human race not continuing is a source of hand-wringing and hysteria for childed people, presumably because they have sprogged. (So they bear responsibility for the suffering of their DNA products because they chose to bring them here.

I think many of them believe they are going to somehow escape death, provided they have children and those children have children and so on. I personally don't think it makes much difference if I'm remembered for 10 years after I die or for 60 years; either way I'm still dead (and forgotten, but that's irrelevant to the dead).

There's obviously no logic to it, only emotion. Besides, no matter what, humanity is going to end. Either we will kill ourselves off, or a natural disaster like a meteor will, or the sun will die out, or even if we escape the solar system humans will evolve into a completely different kind of animal in millions of years. Besides, there's always the end of the universe to look forward to. You can't fight enthropy.

I have yet to hear a compelling reason as to why we as a species, must not go extinct in the near future. My only wish on the subject is that we do it through non-reproduction, rather than disease, disaster and murder, but knowing what people are like, I fully expect the latter. But hey: life is beautiful! winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login