Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inlaws won't babysit! Also I don't like them!

Posted by yurble 
Inlaws won't babysit! Also I don't like them!
January 18, 2018
A man writes to an agony aunt to complain that his wife's parents won't babysit, despite his expectations. Also he complains about how they are controlling and he doesn't like them.

The entitlement is strong in this one...
Re: Inlaws won't babysit! Also I don't like them!
January 18, 2018
The writer referred to the in-laws as 'cat like" in other words they are not "dog like" inlaws jumping all over the opportunity to babysit. I bet part of the reason he agreed to sprog was thinking the in-laws would take the kids in when they want their free time
January 18, 2018
Yeah, how dare the in laws enjoy their clean, quiet home without interruption? How dare they not want to spend their retirement looking after his (presumably young and unruly) offspring??

Typical breeder brain - this mythical expectation that grandparents will always jump in at a moments notice to give the parents a break from their kids, is so prevalent that pillocks like this just assume that the in laws will frantically leap at the chance to watch his little bastards.

Is it any wonder how he is so disappointed that he would write to agony aunts hoping to have his stupidity validated? Validation that is rapidly wearing thin as even the most breederific advice columnists catch on to the entitlement running rampant among the newest breeding generation.

Also, why doesn't he bother his own parents to babysit? Or is he hoping his wealthy in laws will love his kyds so much that he and his brood are lavished with material rewards? The letter focuses a lot on what the in laws COULD be doing for him but aren't.
January 18, 2018
cfdavep
The writer referred to the in-laws as 'cat like" in other words they are not "dog like" inlaws jumping all over the opportunity to babysit.

Opportunity to babysit?

What an oxymoron drinking coffee
January 18, 2018
What a cheap ass dud. If you want to go out with your wife, pay a damn babysitter.

This topic is timely because I work with this twat who was making perjorative remarks about her own mom. "She is so wrapped up in her own life." Translation: "she's not volunteering to watch my brats for free."

I'm in my mid-50's and from my vantage point, it appears that as standards for Moos have increased, so have standards for Grandmoos. Unfortunately I have a fair amount of friends who spending their golden years on brats. FTS.

I used to be close friends with a woman who is 10 years older than I am. Our friendship disintegrated when her cunt-daughter sprogged not once but twice in a bad marriage and put the guilt trip on Grandmoo to watch her kids all day. Cunt daughter is a CPA with a really good job and could have put her brats in high quality daycare. Unfortunately my friend, who has a progressively fatal disease, bought into it, retired, and watched brats all day. (After the predictable divorce too.)

Cunt daughter had ridiculous standards such as: both sets of grandparents had to take Infant CPR prior to CD leaving the kids alone with the grandparents. She talked bad about the other Grandmoo who pretty much said, I don't think so. My friend constantly whined about how tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired she was and of course she couldn't do anything, including participating in some volunteer efforts we started.

I drifted away--couldn't take it anymore and I doubt Grandmoo noticed.

Anyway, kudos to this couple for wanting to enjoy their clean and quiet home and garden without brats. Whatever happened to the "I did my job--if you have kids, you get to do yours" mentality? It seems scarce these days and the world is FULL of Martyr Grandmoos.

Reason 485,609 to be glad I'm CF: My retirement will be MY OWN. I'm not working my ass off to watch someone else's fuck trophy.
January 18, 2018
Why should grandparent=built in sitter? My coworker is a grandmother and she will say straight up that she already raised three kids and her time is appropriated to working at her job and involvement with her church. End of. She loves her grandchildren but they're the parents' responsibility, not hers.
January 21, 2018
The FIL may well be a control freak, etc etc. The letter writer, though, seems to have his own issues. He's gotta learn to manage his expectations of other people, or he's in for a world of disappointment, angst, anger, etc. He also needs to learn to pick his battles. As one of my friends puts it "Are you SURE this is the hill you want to die on?"

Others have already brought up good points: in laws aren't default babysitters, entitlement, etc.

I work with kids, and while I like my job I don't work for free. It's interesting, isn't it, how parents never offer to pay their parents or in-laws to watch the kids? The grandparents can always turn it down. But it's a good way of acknowledging that kids are an assload of work and that you appreciate their efforts and respect their time. Letter Writer never mentioned offering any compensation.

Mostly, though, LW sounds like he wants people to dance to his tune and his tune only, and grandparents ain't havin' that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login