Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For Your Reading DisPleasure, "The Struggle to Conceive with Frozen Eggs"

Posted by bell_flower 
For Your Reading DisPleasure, "The Struggle to Conceive with Frozen Eggs"
February 03, 2018
It must be nice to have hundreds of thousands of dollars to throw around like that. I wonder how many children these women could have adopted for that kind of money?
Re: For Your Reading DisPleasure, "The Struggle to Conceive with Frozen Eggs"
February 04, 2018
Her story is quite typical. If she froze in her late 30s, her chances would be low - you have to do it in your early 20s, when most women can't afford it.

The companies ought to be required to disclose the odds, but on the other hand, anyone with common sense would research before engaging in such a painful procedure, and discover the health risks associated with it as well as the low probabilities of success.

It just shows that even without breeding, these women are completely different from CF women. I researched my sterilization. Why do they not research the things that they care about?
From Article
Adams remembers feeling a wonderful sense of freedom after she froze her eggs in her late 30s, despite the $19,000 cost. Her plan was to work a few more years, find a great guy to marry and still have a house full of her own children.

Let's start off by being abundantly clear on this... these are in fact, First World problems that a significant majority of American's can't identify with.

From Article
Two eggs failed to survive the thawing process. Three more failed to fertilize. That left six embryos, of which five appeared to be abnormal. The last one was implanted in her uterus. On the morning of March 7, she got the devastating news that it, too, had failed.

Adams was not pregnant, and her chances of carrying her genetic child had just dropped to near zero. She remembers screaming like "a wild animal," throwing books, papers, her laptop - and collapsing to the ground.

"It was one of the worst days of my life. There were so many emotions. I was sad. I was angry. I was ashamed," she said. "I questioned, 'Why me?' 'What did I do wrong?' "

I'll freely admit that perhaps I am overly stoic, but is this behavior necessary? Is it a sign of emotional stability?

Devastating news would involve the loss of loved ones, diagnosis of a terminal illness, or extreme property loss. How is the idea of not having kids devastating? Particularly when you've never HAD kids? And considering the fact that adoption is still, and always, an option?

From Article
"There's a happy ending, but with a lot of pain and heartbreak and $100,000 along the way," she said. "Their grandparents are always asking if I started their college fund. I'm like, 'The college fund went into creating them.' "

15 years ago this kind of mentality led ordinary people to drain what little savings they had, and agree to jumbo mortgages for lavish homes far above their means. Eventually the bills came due and the homes went unfurnished, routine maintenance was deferred, and as expected the mortgages fell into foreclosure.

The borrowers could at least argue that real estate is in fact an investment, and one that has good potential to appreciate. But in this case, kids aren't an "investment" at all--they're almost always an enormous liability.

This won't end well, folks. Hope we aren't asked for another "bailout"...

Adams was not pregnant, and her chances of carrying her genetic child had just dropped to near zero. She remembers screaming like "a wild animal," throwing books, papers, her laptop - and collapsing to the ground. It was one of the worst days of my life. There were so many emotions. I was sad. I was angry. I was ashamed," she said. "I questioned, 'Why me?' 'What did I do wrong?

She froze her eggs at 37, and tried to use them when she was 45 years old. Aside from just being nuts in general, because who wants to have an adolescent at age 60, I wonder how important having children was to her and if she just did it because she thought she "should" and out of typical Geezer Breeder ennui.

When this woman was on the cover of Bloomberg Business Magazine, the headline read "Freeze Your Eggs, Free Your Career."

I'm glad I'm childfree and that I chose not to worry about all that nonsense. I was able to choose what I wanted to do, which in some cases included taking a lower salary to work in a field I liked. I could also move for my job without regard to cunt nuggets or future cunt nuggets.
February 04, 2018
I was born when my mother was 47 years old. I know what it's like for both mother and child. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. This woman was nuts to think that having children in middle age would be a breeze.
February 04, 2018
We have a bunch of women who haven't had kids who think somehow freezing their eggs will make each viable and are shocked when it doesn't? Somehow once frozen it is different than the other 12 eggs they have lost each year since puberty? Unless they have had abortions these women may have no clue about their fertility in the first place. And while I'm ignorant about the science of things a healthy egg doesn't guarantee a woman can carry to term. Of course I highly doubt a fertility doctor cares to be honest about anything other than the cost.

Even 36 eggs frozen at under age 30 seems like a high risk but I'm not about to delve into statistics because it isn't that interesting of an outcome. You'd think before spending tens of thousands of dollars that the buyer would have the common sense to beware and not blindly trust a doctor who stands to make lots of money regardless of the outcome. It is incredibly dumb to not do the research before spending considerable cash on anything. And the research is out there and the fact that is isn't obvious and well known should be a serious red flag that there often isn't a happy ending and it is a huge speculation even under the best of circumstances. Doing research now saves adult women the agony of throwing fits in their living room at 45.
February 05, 2018
From Article
"There's a happy ending, but with a lot of pain and heartbreak and $100,000 along the way," she said. "Their grandparents are always asking if I started their college fund. I'm like, 'The college fund went into creating them.' "

Happy ending for whom? Not the child, certainly, who isn't going to have a college fund thanks to this nonsense. But who cares about quality of life? Obviously, it's a happy ending for her, because she got what she wanted, who cares about the individual who was created in the process?
This reminds me of my CL aunt. She is financially comfortable, has a great social life, etc. but she always whines and complains that she never could conceive. She is also a mean woman and loves to control. Kind of a "Mommy Dearest" woman, and the fact that she couldn't sluice or adopt was a blessing. She even tried to adopt me as a loaf, but my mother didn't want to give me to her. My mother was insane, but I think my aunt would've been a worse parent.

There are people in this world who would kill to have her lifestyle, yet she isn't happy with what she has. She always blames it on the fact that she couldn't sluice, but if she had, I have a feeling she would've blamed all of her problems on the fact that she did. Some people are never happy.
mumofsixbirds
This reminds me of my CL aunt. She is financially comfortable, has a great social life, etc. but she always whines and complains that she never could conceive. She is also a mean woman and loves to control. Kind of a "Mommy Dearest" woman, and the fact that she couldn't sluice or adopt was a blessing. She even tried to adopt me as a loaf, but my mother didn't want to give me to her. My mother was insane, but I think my aunt would've been a worse parent.

There are people in this world who would kill to have her lifestyle, yet she isn't happy with what she has. She always blames it on the fact that she couldn't sluice, but if she had, I have a feeling she would've blamed all of her problems on the fact that she did. Some people are never happy.

It's sad when otherwise well-off people are obsessed with what they don't have instead of recognizing that they are quite blessed and are living a decent life.
Peace
I was born when my mother was 47 years old. I know what it's like for both mother and child. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. This woman was nuts to think that having children in middle age would be a breeze.

My mother was in her late 30s when she had me, and it almost killed her quite literally. She wound up undergoing an emergency hysterectomy. I have a host of physical disabilities, and they watched my development closely for fear I had mental retardation, too (in spite of what my brothers may tell you, I don't, but my brain chemistry is faulty). For some reason, a late-in-life uterus is not the ideal environment for a fetus. Go figure.

The difference between my mother and these AI/frozen embryo/fertility treatment lunatics, though? I was born 50 years ago, when research was not as easy as "pull out your phone and google it," and knowledge not so freely disseminated. Not supporting what my mother did-- my parents absolutely should not have had me-- but women in their 40s who insist on trying to have children and then flip out when it goes wrong? There's no excuse for this stupidity.
I'm more concerned about the poor kid, who's not only got a selfish, emotionally-dysregulated, incredibly entitled and probable personality disordered mother, but the fact that she's merely an incubator for someone else's kid. She would no doubt tell the kid, that she chose his/her eggs and sperm, from some glossy catalogue...

Yep, nothing says I love you to a test-tube, baby milkshake kid, than picking out from some over-glorified vogue magazine, like some pretty underwear. However, then again, it seems that this bint doesn't care a stuff about the kid at all, because it's all about her and her wants.
February 08, 2018
I've never understood why people would opt to incubate random egg plus random sperm. I don't get the craving for one's own genetics but clearly that's a thing...however, if you're not going to use your own genetics, why not adopt, instead of adding another unneeded person to the planet?
Exactly how old is too old depends on the mother's health and genetics. But in general having a baby when you're over 40 is a bad idea and over 45 is batshit insane. I seriously question the ethics of assisted reproductive technology no matter what the mother's or father's age. Maybe it's okay for very simple problems, like blocked Fallopian tubes from an infection.But if somebody has a bunch of complex physical and hormonal issues they were not meant to breed. Or if they are older and developed problems with age they missed their opportunity to breed.
yurble
I've never understood why people would opt to incubate random egg plus random sperm. I don't get the craving for one's own genetics but clearly that's a thing...however, if you're not going to use your own genetics, why not adopt, instead of adding another unneeded person to the planet?

I’m going to guess it’s about getting the attention and accolades that our society extends towards pregnant women.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
LoveToLurk
yurble

I’m going to guess it’s about getting the attention and accolades that our society extends towards pregnant women.

That's exactly right. The moo-wannabes want to "have the pregnancy experience."
February 12, 2018
skyeyes
LoveToLurk
yurble

That's exactly right. The moo-wannabes want to "have the pregnancy experience."

Guess mombies and wanna mombies can't think of any other way to contribute so back to the default. If they would just look around they could find other ways to receive attention and accolades from society instead of breeding.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login