Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This is very embarassing...

Posted by ladybug2203 
This is very embarassing...
February 04, 2018
Ive lost 60 lbs and want to lose 20 more. However ive gotten "souvenirs" (aka stretch marks or "tiger strips") on my tummy from being so heavy previously, plus my boobs have majorly sagged.

In july because of the weight loss and being very apple shaped im getting liposuction on my mid section and flanks as well as a tummy tuck (to get rid of the stretch marks) plus a breast lift. This is essentially a "mommy makeover" usually done by women whove had kids.

Im glad im getting this done but am mortified that as a CF woman i need a "mommy makeover"

Super embarassing sad smiley
Re: This is very embarassing...
February 04, 2018
So what?

People get older and usually gain weight, not lose it. So you're actually doing well and are a step ahead of the game.
February 04, 2018
Im just unsettled with the title of "mommy makeover" lol. One of the benefits of being childfree was supposed to be not ruining my tummy and boobs (its my fault i know bed made lie i put on the weight) but still sucks sad smiley
February 04, 2018
I look like a "lard mommy" NOT because I had kids but because my health is shit and must take 20+ drugs to keep myself alive. Almost all cause significant weight gain.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 04, 2018
I wouldn't worry about the surgery being a "Mommy Makeover". The name of the makeover would be the least of my concerns. I would be more worried about the risks involved with plastic surgery, which is kind of an unnecessary procedure. Please be careful if you do go ahead with it.

I totally hear you. I have lost a lot of weight after coming off of some heavy medication and add some aging in, and I have got stretch marks and other things I don't like, but I'm fine with it. I've had those things most of my life, and it doesn't really bother me anymore.

I also hate how everything is designed for moos, but it seems to be a way for them to make money, focusing on women's insecurities about their appearance.
February 04, 2018
Im vain i make no bones about it. But remember im a sex worker, my looks are my living.

And actually this can help me medically. Because im apple shaped, i carry my fat in my midsection. Medically speaking having extra fat in ur abdomen is the riskiest spot because it surrounds your major organs.

And also your emotional well being is just as important as your physical health, and if plastic surgery makes someone happy or increases self esteem then so be it.

And like it or not we live in a world where looks matter. Being both fat and thin in my life, i can personally attest to the fact that life is much easier as a thin person. Hate me all you like its my experience.
February 04, 2018
for some reason, I like the idea that my body shape, over the years, turned out to look almost identical to my maternal grandma's. She also gained weight out front and up top after having six kids (only 4 made it to school age--sad). But people always assume that your body only gets shot through having kids--true much of the time, but not always. Weight crept up on my slowly. And to a small extent, it was a psychologically healthy thing--I had problems eating as a pre- teen and teen because of my nerves. To be able to enjoy food seems a luxury. Anyway, apparently age and semi-controlled gluttony also ruin one's chances of being an anorexic model! hahaha. Both my sisters are constantly dieting and look similar (small gloat)
February 05, 2018
StudioFiftyFour
So what?

People get older and usually gain weight, not lose it. So you're actually doing well and are a step ahead of the game.

Not only that, but the fat storage pattern changes on women. If as a young woman you stored all your fat in your hips and thighs, be prepared for the menopausal shift to fat storage in the stomach-midriff area. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
February 05, 2018
My fat has ALWAyS been in my mid section, ALWAYS. And that changes, this summer
February 05, 2018
I don't think anyone here is going to try and change your mind about it. What I was trying to say is "Proceed with caution." There have been a lot of deaths and permanent injuries that have resulted from plastic surgery. My mother had minor plastic surgery on her face, and it caused her immense amount of pain, a lot of money, and in the end, she looked almost the same as before the surgery. She told me later that she had totally regretted getting it done. Not to say your surgery will be the same, but I've heard about shit going drastically wrong because the surgeon was a hack job.

Also, we all KNOW what you do for a living. Shit, I was a phone sex worker for many years, made decent money at it, but had to quit due to circumstances. Now is a time in my life where the money would come in handy, but unfortunately I have lung disease and I can't do it anymore. I'm retraining now for another career, and to be quite honest, I'm really proud of that.

I don't understand why you would post about this, and not expect to hear people's opinions about it? Geez....I was only trying to help and be supportive. Do what you want. I have no dog in the fight.
February 05, 2018
I wasnt trying to fight about it, just explain
Of course i was expecting opinions, and was prepared to explain my point of view thats all.

No harm no foul. And ive interviewed with a few plastic surgeons, the one i chose is a top rated surgeon in my state and has utterly fantastic before and after photos as well as glowing reviews smiling smiley ive been contemplating and researching and wanting this for years. And have worked on losing weight so i can have the absolute best results possible. Many people assume plastic surgery will make you thin and thats so untrue, its designed to tune up trouble spots, not designed for weight loss. You get the best results if you are within 10 lbs of your ideal weight. So i have proceeded with a great deal of caution, this wasnt a spur of the moment decision.

And i know ive discussed my profession before. But its been a while since ive posted on here and i assumed there might be some new people since ive last posted.

And congrats on the new career smiling smiley. If you are happy with it then i am happy for you, really smiling smiley.
February 05, 2018
ladybug2203
And i know ive discussed my profession before. But its been a while since ive posted on here and i assumed there might be some new people since ive last posted.

You really want everybody who reads this board to know that you're a call girl? Are you looking for johns?
February 05, 2018
Peace
ladybug2203

You really want everybody who reads this board to know that you're a call girl? Are you looking for johns?

I am not ashamed of my profession and dont see any reason why i should be. I was simply explaining why i am investing so much $$ into my physical appearance, its a part of my work. And someone says "we already all know you are" as if they were annoyed with me for mentioning it again, and i was just explaining why (well part of the reason why, im also doing it for myself, but no denying the better i look the more $$ ill make) im investing so much into my physical appearance for those who dont already know about me. I dont keep track of who knows and who doesnt.

"Are you looking for johns" awh darn u got me! U totally ruined my master plan on here....... Youre just too smart for me winking smiley
February 05, 2018
I was a little annoyed because you mention it in nearly every thread you post.

Hey...we get it already. Also, you were addressing me when you said that. I'm a regular on the board for over seven years now.

Why do you feel the need to explain yourself? Just go and have it done. I get the feeling that this entire thread was nothing more than a humblebrag about the fact that you use your looks as a way to have men sleep with you for a quick buck. The "Mommy Makeover" thing is just another way for you to talk about it.

Nobody here really gives two shits about what you do. Seriously.
February 05, 2018
mumofsixbirds
I was a little annoyed because you mention it in nearly every thread you post.

Hey...we get it already. Also, you were addressing me when you said that. I'm a regular on the board for over seven years now.

Why do you feel the need to explain yourself? Just go and have it done. I get the feeling that this entire thread was nothing more than a humblebrag about the fact that you use your looks as a way to have men sleep with you for a quick buck. The "Mommy Makeover" thing is just another way for you to talk about it.

Nobody here really gives two shits about what you do. Seriously.

I was not aware that i was doing that. I apologize for annoying and upsetting you.

But it honestly was not my intention to use this as an excuse to talk about my job. I havent posted in a while and I didnt remember what threads i started so long ago, you obviously have a better memory than I do. My short term memory sucks. I just wanted to prove that i had good reasons for doing this AND that ive thought it through very carefully, ive been exploring this since 2014 (the surgery i mean). You were advising me to be careful and i wanted to show how I was indeed being careful. Many dumb careless ppl get into plastic surgery and arent careful and have bad results, just wanted to show im not one of those people.

Anyway back to the original point. I think the biggest reason i am embarassed is because every surgeon i interviewed thought i was a moo because of the stretch marks on my tummy and the way my boobs currently are. And i felt this was the only place i could admit to be ashamed to having whats considered "mom-like" (i.e. "tiger stripes" and floppy udders) physical qualities, because, because if we talk about them as anything other than a badge of honor were horrrrible.

Hopefully i make sense
February 05, 2018
ladybug2203
Peace
ladybug2203

I am not ashamed of my profession and dont see any reason why i should be. I was simply explaining why i am investing so much $$ into my physical appearance, its a part of my work. And someone says "we already all know you are" as if they were annoyed with me for mentioning it again, and i was just explaining why (well part of the reason why, im also doing it for myself, but no denying the better i look the more $$ ill make) im investing so much into my physical appearance for those who dont already know about me. I dont keep track of who knows and who doesnt.

"Are you looking for johns" awh darn u got me! U totally ruined my master plan on here....... Youre just too smart for me winking smiley

Nobody gives two shits if or why you're having surgery. Just do it, and be done with it. This is Bratfree, not some moo board.

However, when every one of your posts seems to begin with a refresher sentence on your "profession," it starts to get old, and fast, as if the only reason you posted that is to draw attention to your prostitution gig. Because complaining about a mommy makeover is a lame excuse to write about plastic surgery and sex work. It reeks of humble bragging.
February 05, 2018
It's always a little funny to me when sex workers "aren't ashamed" of their "profession" but they still seek validation for it constantly. "I'm a sex worker, aren't I so empowered and novel? Right, guys? Right?!"
February 05, 2018
Peace
ladybug2203
Peace
ladybug2203

Nobody gives two shits if or why you're having surgery. Just do it, and be done with it. This is Bratfree, not some moo board.

However, when every one of your posts seems to begin with a refresher sentence on your "profession," it starts to get old, and fast, as if the only reason you posted that is to draw attention to your prostitution gig. Because complaining about a mommy makeover is a lame excuse to write about plastic surgery and sex work. It reeks of humble bragging.

As i told mumofsixbirds that really wasnt my intention. As i said i have not posted in a long time and have forgotten what ive talked about in the past, and did not think i was that memorable that others would remember either. I looked over my past threads and havent posted anything at all in 2 months, last time i brought up my work was 6 months ago. Kudos to you guys for your stellar memory, but there is seriously no way ill remember what ive talked about 6 months ago without checking my old threads. Like i said my memory is shit.

I came here for support because i was embarassed at being mistaken for a moo by more than one plastic surgeon, and didnt think i could talk to anyone else about it. I thought people on here would understand my embarassement of being mistaken for a moo due to physical appearance. The damage the weight gain has done to my body (and subsequent weight loss) makes my body closely resemble someone who has had kids.

You are absolutely right about talking about my job being old, I did not remember that I had brought it up previously because its been so long, if i did i would not have.

Again im sorry.
February 05, 2018
I knew someone on this board was a sex worker but I couldn’t remember the nickname.

Sucks though that everything related to women’s body issues automatically assumes you are a moo. Not to hijack this thread, but everything for women, from clothing to personal hygeine to healthcare or transport is sectioned in Women and Children. It ticks me off to get clothes sale catalogs in the mail, one for Men’s and another for Women AND Children. Can I look at some damn women’s clothing without having to see the kid’s items? ranting
February 05, 2018
sensitivemachine
It's always a little funny to me when sex workers "aren't ashamed" of their "profession" but they still seek validation for it constantly. "I'm a sex worker, aren't I so empowered and novel? Right, guys? Right?!"

Its always a little funny to me when people who are in non sex worker jobs talk about how empowered they are by their professions its awe inspiring. But when sex workers do they are "seeking validation." Right, guys? Right?!

I was not seeking validation. I was (once again) explaining my partial reasoning for getting plastic surgery, to show mumofsixbirds (who meant well in expressing concern for me and asked me to be careful). I was trying to show her i was being careful and explaining some of my reasoning behind it so she could see it was planned and well thought out on my part, i was just to reassure someone who was kind enough to express concern for my well being, and it blew up in my face. I see nothing wrong with trying to reassure someone who was kind enough to express concern for me, but many on here dont seem to see it that way. If someone were being an ass to me about it id have no problem telling them to fuck off and wouldnt explain shit to them, but when someone means well like she did and expresses genuine concern theres nothing wrong with putting their concerns to rest, and i felt it necessary to mention my profession show that there is good reason for this and it was well thought out, not a spur of the moment throw caution to the wind decision. Smh.
February 05, 2018
emmaj
I knew someone on this board was a sex worker but I couldn’t remember the nickname.

Sucks though that everything related to women’s body issues automatically assumes you are a moo. Not to hijack this thread, but everything for women, from clothing to personal hygeine to healthcare or transport is sectioned in Women and Children. It ticks me off to get clothes sale catalogs in the mail, one for Men’s and another for Women AND Children. Can I look at some damn women’s clothing without having to see the kid’s items? ranting

Its annoying indeed. But its all about marketing. Whether it be a clothing manufacturer or a plastic surgeon, they will try to target the majority of their audience/clientele. Most women getting tummy tucks are moos, (as its recommended you not get pregnant again after getting one), so moos are who they will market themselves the most to.

And I was remiss in thinking that"tiger strips" and saggy boobs couldnt happen to me because im not a moo (since we always attribute those traits to moos) and i was proven wrong, very wrong.
February 06, 2018
Being apple shaped sucks, and one of the reasons is because a lot of people ASSume a woman with boobs and a belly must have kids. I wonder if I have not gotten some of the jobs I interviewed for because of this.
February 06, 2018
If I cared what random people thought about me, I probably would have had a kid long ago, since I'm inevitably asked if I do and when I'm going to and why I don't.

So I don't understand why you care if surgeons that you'll never meet again post-surgery, think you are a moo, or that the surgery is one typically had by moos. CF women are mistaken for moos all the time, since that's the default. The default is worth complaining about, but the individual assumption is a mild (albeit recurring) annoyance. For instance, on mother's day there's a damn good chance someone will try to hand me a flower. Probably that person will be under instructions to do so, and operating with a simplistic set of instructions like if customer is female, and age appears > 25, then offer flower and congratulations. It's not a judgement about me, personally, because I'm just another human-shaped blob.

The surgeon is following a similar process and doesn't know or care about you as an individual. They are just grouping the job into a known category, which happens to be primarily populated with moos. I could understand irritation at their presumption, but embarrassment? Why do you care so much how others perceive you?
February 06, 2018
skyeyes
StudioFiftyFour
So what?

Not only that, but the fat storage pattern changes on women. If as a young woman you stored all your fat in your hips and thighs, be prepared for the menopausal shift to fat storage in the stomach-midriff area. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

I store fat in my stomach, but I'm not an apple shape. At the correct weight I'm closer to hourglass, but when overweight I still notice that my shape is different from what I've seen in older women. I get fat in my belly, so that I still have a figure when viewed from straight on. By contrast, I've seen some older women thicken on the sides of their waist to get a more boxy shape, so that there's no longer a distinction between hips and waist.

More motivation to lose that excess weight and keep it off before I hit menopause :/
February 06, 2018
ondinette
Being apple shaped sucks, and one of the reasons is because a lot of people ASSume a woman with boobs and a belly must have kids. I wonder if I have not gotten some of the jobs I interviewed for because of this.

Unfortunately its a real possibility. As i said we live in a world where looks mattersad smiley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login