Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This is very embarassing...

Posted by ladybug2203 
Re: This is very embarassing...
February 06, 2018
yurble
If I cared what random people thought about me, I probably would have had a kid long ago, since I'm inevitably asked if I do and when I'm going to and why I don't.

So I don't understand why you care if surgeons that you'll never meet again post-surgery, think you are a moo, or that the surgery is one typically had by moos. CF women are mistaken for moos all the time, since that's the default. The default is worth complaining about, but the individual assumption is a mild (albeit recurring) annoyance. For instance, on mother's day there's a damn good chance someone will try to hand me a flower. Probably that person will be under instructions to do so, and operating with a simplistic set of instructions like if customer is female, and age appears > 25, then offer flower and congratulations. It's not a judgement about me, personally, because I'm just another human-shaped blob.

The surgeon is following a similar process and doesn't know or care about you as an individual. They are just grouping the job into a known category, which happens to be primarily populated with moos. I could understand irritation at their presumption, but embarrassment? Why do you care so much how others perceive you?

We all have things we are sensitive about. I am sensitive about my body.
February 06, 2018
ladybug2203

It was already evident that you are concerned about your appearance, because you're getting the surgery. I just don't understand why you would be embarrassed by the presumption that you're a moo, as opposed to embarrassed about the marks, if you are sensitive about appearance.

After all, regardless of what other people think of us, the best part of being CF is not having kids. You get that best part, regardless of what others assume about you.
February 06, 2018
yurble
ladybug2203

It was already evident that you are concerned about your appearance, because you're getting the surgery. I just don't understand why you would be embarrassed by the presumption that you're a moo, as opposed to embarrassed about the marks, if you are sensitive about appearance.

After all, regardless of what other people think of us, the best part of being CF is not having kids. You get that best part, regardless of what others assume about you.

Thank u. Im just very upset with myself that i allowed myself to get so big to begin with (no ones fault but my own), and im very disappointed at what its done to my body. I had wrongfully assumed that not having kids would protect my body but i was dead wrong.
February 06, 2018
I wish you the best of luck ladybug2203. It is a serious surgery and I hope you recover well.

With weight gain is seems to depend on the elasticity of the skin and some people bounce back after weight loss
better than others. I have stretch marks from puberty where I grew 6 inches and gained 40 lbs. in less than a year.

They market pretty much everything to mahms for women past the age of 25-30, because default.
Surgeries, clothing (Not Your Daughter's Jeans), spa treatments, etc.

On the flip side, any time a woman takes a class or treats herself in any way it is likely someone will refer to it as a nice chance to "get away" (presumably as a jail break from bratz at home and doing TMIJITW). Not all of us have to "get away", some of us love being at home.
February 06, 2018
freya
I wish you the best of luck ladybug2203. It is a serious surgery and I hope you recover well.

With weight gain is seems to depend on the elasticity of the skin and some people bounce back after weight loss
better than others. I have stretch marks from puberty where I grew 6 inches and gained 40 lbs. in less than a year.

They market pretty much everything to mahms for women past the age of 25-30, because default.
Surgeries, clothing (Not Your Daughter's Jeans), spa treatments, etc.

On the flip side, any time a woman takes a class or treats herself in any way it is likely someone will refer to it as a nice chance to "get away" (presumably as a jail break from bratz at home and doing TMIJITW). Not all of us have to "get away", some of us love being at home.

Thank u. I had gained 80 lbs. Lost 60 of those lbs. I dont have loose skin really (no more than before, ive had a belly my whole life even at my thinnest), but i did get stretch marks.
February 08, 2018
If it makes you feel better....

I'm 46. I have never been overweight except a few pounds when I was on depo provera.
I have never looked like i was in my 40s. Until now.
Due to stress and anxiety, I lose my appetite. Over the past year I lost about 10 pounds on my already small frame.

And now....
My once low C cups are barely Bs. I have a little stretching and crepey skin thing going on. I'm really self conscious about it. My friend joked with me about this and said... "Oh. You mean cookie tits!"

But she took a look and said yea, there's saggage but ultimately, any doctor would say "Welcome to your 40s".

At least I don't have the whole "2 fried eggs, hanging on a nail" thing going on.

I don't want to talk about my saggy butt.
February 08, 2018
"Cookie tits" lol very cute.

But in 10 years shy of my 40s right now.
February 16, 2018
Don't be embarrassed. Even if the surgeon thinks you're a moo, being a moo is not shameful in itself. Being the moo of those stupid unruly fucktards we rant about here, now THAT is shameful. But those moos can usually be spotted from a mile and I bet they look very different than you grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login