Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The CF being dumped by moos

Posted by cfdavep 
The CF being dumped by moos
February 06, 2018
https://www.independent.ie/life/family/family-features/i-have-lost-friends-because-i-dont-have-children-30366530.html

I found this article from Ireland sad. It is about a 38 year old woman realizing that all of her friend's see her as a stranger as she is CF and of course see her as "not an adult" like their stupid asses
Re: The CF being dumped by moos
February 06, 2018
This is nothing new. I grew up with a couple of friends who wound up being moos. Not just moos, but clown car moos. Each of them had at least five or six kids. After that, it was about how much free babysitting I could offer, and WHY I didn't have kids.

I don't speak to them anymore, and to be honest...I don't miss them. They weren't all that great as friends, either. One was involved in drugs and the other always tried to steal my boyfriends.
Re: The CF being dumped by moos
February 06, 2018
Why, is she disappointed she isn't getting to play auntie? That's about all the "friendship" her friends are probably capable of now. Personally I'd rather ditch those friends and make some new ones than suffer a child's birthday party or vapid conversation about diapers.

What surprises me is that the women in the article have moved on themselves. They've left their hometowns, and in one case the country, and they expect their friendships with their childhood friends to remain unchanged. I have no close friends from that period of my life. I do have a few from university, but it is the exception, rather than the norm, for friendships to withstand major changes in life - such as moving abroad or having children. Unless you and all your chums stay in the same town you grew up in, your experiences and theirs are going to make you gradually grow apart, most of the time.

They should make new friends instead of expecting their social circle to be complete by the age of 20.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login