Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

People who make decisions for the kids of others

Posted by cfdavep 
People who make decisions for the kids of others
February 09, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-outraged-moms-claim-day-193928512.html

A 19 year old teen is trying to finish high school and has a 2 year old in state funded daycare. The kid had a uni-brow and one of the workers took facial wax in and ripped off the hair in the middle creating a two brow kid. People are going on about how the teen moo needs to be outraged that the worker took control and must've decided the kid needed her looks improved and how this is a mini-assault on the kid

I also heard of a case where a daycare worker took a kid to the doctor during the day as the kid was sick and she honestly feared it could be serious and moo went mental. I wonder if moos go mental in situations like this because the actions of the non-parent makes them look bad or the moo wanted to decide whether the sprog goes to the doc that day as moo will now have the co-pay or full payment charged to her if sproggie ends up with just a little cold.
Re: People who make decisions for the kids of others
February 09, 2018
Well, I'm going to be honest here. I don't think the eyebrow waxing was necessary, and the woman should have asked the moo first. This brings to mind when I took my conure to the vet's office for a nail trim, and they decided to trim his beak as well without asking me. His beak is a little on the long side, but he's never had a problem with it. Conner wound up being depressed for a couple of weeks after that happened. If they had asked me, I would have told them not to do it. I was annoyed that they would do this, and contacted the vet's office immediately and told them NOT to do that ever again without my say so.

I don't really understand why a moo would be upset about the daycare worker taking her kid to the doctor, because if it had been something serious, it could have helped.
February 09, 2018
I agree with mumofsixbirds. If a person's well-being is concerned, it's a completely different thing from non-essential 'treatments'. The pissed off moo is a complete ass in the medical situation and should be charged with child endangerment if she wants to prevent the child from getting medical care. But about the eyebrow...

What if the kid had sensitive skin and got a rash because of it? What if the parent is concerned about imposing beauty standards at a young age, and wants the kid to just be a kid? What if the parent just didn't think of it and is happy with the outcome? What all these scenarios have in common is that in none of them is the daycare worker justified in performing the unsolicited waxing.

Just imagine how pissed off you'd be, if you went to the dentist, and while you were having your teeth examined, a hygienist decided you'd look better with a different hairstyle...and proceeded to give you one. It is largely irrelevant whether the end result is good, such extreme presumption is completely unprofessional.
February 09, 2018
Waxing a toddler's eyebrows is completely inappropriate. As mentioned above, children's skin can be very sensitive. I know I've gotten burns off a bad wax job (to the point where I still have a scar, if you know where to look), and I'm an adult. Plus, waxing is just plain painful. No kid ever died from having a unibrow, and whoever did that is an idiot.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login