Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders before surgery

Posted by ladybug2203 
Breeders before surgery
February 15, 2018
*MODS PLEASE READ WHOLE THING BEFORE MOVING TO "THE YARD"*

No linky just a personal story. Today was my kittens day to get neutured, and vet instructed me no food after midnight. I have an older cat who i free feed so i put him the bathroom overnight with water only (plus his litter and a cat bed), was to drop him off between 730 and 9 today. This is totally my fault but he was crying at the door so i let him out to roam a little bit while i get carrier (i am NOT a morning person), completely forgetting about my older cats dry food. I hear a *crunch* and ran over right away to stop him. I called the vet right away to let them know what happened, they wanted to air on the side of caution and postpone his surgery til next week. Fine by me, better safe than sorry.

I call my mom telling her about it, and i said i felt bad for wasting their time. My mother used to be a pediatric nurse, and she said this happened all the time with kids, HOWEVER she told me atleast i was honest because more times than not the parents lied about their kids not having anything to eat before surgery because they didnt want to reschedule it. My mother could tell when they were lying and had to get it out of them that bratleigh had 8 m&ms that morning.

So basically breeders are willing to risk their kids lives so THEY dont have to go through the inconvienence of rescheduling a surgery. And parenting makes u a better person apparently..... SMH
Re: Breeders before surgery
February 15, 2018
I'm surprised they still didn't do it. My dog had surgery a couple hours after eating an entire meal because he sliced his head open. I think they just have to adjust for the food. But it is better to be safe.
February 15, 2018
ladybug2203
So basically breeders are willing to risk their kids lives so THEY dont have to go through the inconvienence of rescheduling a surgery. And parenting makes u a better person apparently..... SMH

Ugh.

Another example of how pet owners love our little furries more than breeders love their brats....
February 16, 2018
cfuter
I'm surprised they still didn't do it. My dog had surgery a couple hours after eating an entire meal because he sliced his head open. I think they just have to adjust for the food. But it is better to be safe.

With emergency surgeries, the risk of choking on vomit is preferable to not performing the surgery. But for planned surgeries, risk can be lowered by the patient avoiding food and since time is not of essence, it is best practice to reduce risk as much as possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login