Yet another dumb school decision....t
February 15, 2018
I think it's just nuts to try to control words, and now association w/ people and control our kids thru all these damn rules. Just putting this here for your reading amusement.

http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-are-banning-best-friends-to-protect-kids-feelings-2017-9

Clicky option
Re: Yet another dumb school decision....t
February 15, 2018
"Best Friends" aren't going anywhere, if necessary, they will just go underground.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 15, 2018
craftyzits
"Best Friends" aren't going anywhere, if necessary, they will just go underground.

Precisely.

This is another attempt by know-it-all schoolmarms to virtue signal that they are "helping children" when all they are actually doing is demoralizing them.

The older I get the more I become convinced that we should void all laws pertaining to compulsory schooling beyond the early teens. Elementary schools should run 8am through 12 noon and stick to teaching the "three R's" and that's about it.
February 15, 2018
First of all, we got to get rid of this notion that Feelings are THE most important thing in the world. How we deal w/ our feelings is the blueprint for success, but it would be nice if that was taught in the home. Happy feelings and sad and mad feelings are what makes up the human condition, we can't skirt mad/sadness out of our lives one hundred percent. It just is what it is.

But this is a ludicrous idea. It's like saying I shouldn't get married, because I'm not being inclusive to other lovers. beating with a lol hammer
February 15, 2018
Still not as bad as the school that said girls weren't allowed to tell boys "no" if they asked them to dance....
February 16, 2018
cfuter
First of all, we got to get rid of this notion that Feelings are THE most important thing in the world. How we deal w/ our feelings is the blueprint for success, but it would be nice if that was taught in the home. Happy feelings and sad and mad feelings are what makes up the human condition, we can't skirt mad/sadness out of our lives one hundred percent. It just is what it is.

But this is a ludicrous idea. It's like saying I shouldn't get married, because I'm not being inclusive to other lovers. beating with a lol hammer

Keep in mind that the objective of Big Pharma is to get everyone hooked on as many "maintenance" drugs as possible, including dangerous drugs aimed at "treating" mental health issues.

Yes, there is a small percentage of the population that suffers from legitimate ailments such as schizophrenia and clinical depression. And yes, this population needs psychotropic medication in order to live a decent life. But the majority of people do not. This nation is completely over-medicated. Instead of encouraging stress management and coping mechanisms, we've got a system in place that passes out mind-altering drugs to "cure" your sadness or anxiety.

Look no further than television advertising... heart pills, kidney pills, boner pills, ... and plenty of pills to cheer you up! And ALL of them come at an exorbitant financial cost. And all of them are designed for lifetime consumption.
February 16, 2018
kittehpeoples
Still not as bad as the school that said girls weren't allowed to tell boys "no" if they asked them to dance....

Why would you say "no?" That would be exclusionary. Everyone must be included, in everything, because everyone is a good person. Everyone must be danced with. Everyone must be invited to your birthday party. Everyone must get a valentine. Everyone must play on the school sports team. Everyone must be in the school play.

If everyone isn't included in everything... then YOU are a BULLY!

(You get the idea.)

The best outcome that comes from these policies is a group of children raised into a group of narcissistic, SJW adults. The worst outcome involves some of them becoming violent sociopaths.

This will not end well.
February 16, 2018
Whilst I don't disagree with the over-prescription of happy drugs, it's certainly down to supply and demand, and there's a massive demand for an easy pill to give happiness, as opposed to actually working hard to create happiness. We all know, people go for the path of least restrictive, and when you can pop a pill than years of therapy and hard work, I can see it's attractiveness. Yes, pharma may be unethical supplying this, but then again some other big business would then do the same.

That being said, there are generations of people raise with absolute zero coping mechanisms or skills needed for everyday life. These people are not sick, they're normal adults. Just last week, as like every other week, two people presented to Ed in 'crisis'. #1: had an 'argument' with his daughter, got pissed, felt 'down' and attended ED. #2. Someone on the street 'yelled' at her, and presented to ED in 'crisis'. These are not people with some chronic mental illness, but some functional adults, with zero coping mechanisms, whom were no doubt raised to believe that they were all special snowflakes with zero responsibilities and accountability.

All I can say about this school, is just fantastic that there's yet another generation raised to believe that they're the special center of the universe, but have never been told 'NO' and to act responsibly. Yay, more entitled adults with zero coping mechanisms and a belief that someone else will solve their problems - and wanting to pop a pill to make it go away - (legal pill that is, as they're already popping/smoking/huffing/injecting the 'other' pills).
February 16, 2018
nokidsandhappy
Whilst I don't disagree with the over-prescription of happy drugs, it's certainly down to supply and demand, and there's a massive demand for an easy pill to give happiness, as opposed to actually working hard to create happiness. We all know, people go for the path of least restrictive, and when you can pop a pill than years of therapy and hard work, I can see it's attractiveness. Yes, pharma may be unethical supplying this, but then again some other big business would then do the same.

Not all medications for mental health are 'happy drugs'. I for one am on three prescriptions to control a mood disorder, Schizoaffective disorder, and extreme bi-polar. Blood tests can tell when my system is out of whack. I generally visit the vampires every three months to make sure my chemistry behaves.

My brain has problems with its chemistry, and that is frequently found in the mentally ill.

My Aspergers is not medicated. Autism doesn't get medicated if it is genuine. Higher end autistics can be taught to function in society by behaviour modification.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 16, 2018
Welp, craftyzits, I can honestly say that my situation is different from yours. I was misdiagnosed with MI over 25 years ago and prescribed heavy drugs for schizoaffective disorder, generalized anxiety and borderline personality disorder. Turns out all I have is mild social anxiety. I'm off of nearly all my prescriptions, and I've never felt better than ever before. It turns out that I had severe side effects from the meds, which mimicked depression, anxiety, hallucinations and other problems I can't get into right now. (I've had a few glasses of wine and I'm probably not the most cohesive at the moment, lol.)
If they can actually think they can prevent students from forming bonds with others, they are sorely mistaken. Maybe when these kids grow up they will NEED all of these drugs, just like the movie I saw last week (an old one where humans are to be totally logical and weren't allowed to form any relationships with anyone, including their spouses. I think it's called THX 1138 or something like that. If anyone is interested, go ahead and watch it. It's a truly frightening dystopian society where humans are not allowed to form bonds, and are given medication religiously to keep them under control.
I'm rambling now...Crafty, I wish you the best of everything. With what you have gone through, I'm so amazed and impressed with your self awareness and consciousness. You are a great example of what people should aspire to.
February 16, 2018
mumofsixbirds
With what you have gone through, I'm so amazed and impressed with your self awareness and consciousness. You are a great example of what people should aspire to.

You can lay the credit for my social training at my late Mother's feet. She used extensive behaviour modification to teach me just how to behave, as when I was little I was textbook tard. I spoke when I was 9, yet still had the high school credits to graduate 6 months early. I stayed in school to let her see me graduate as I was first in my family to do so.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login