Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Justin Baldoni on kid tantrums confused smiley

Posted by tea princess 
Justin Baldoni on kid tantrums confused smiley
February 21, 2018
A viral photo of a calm dad and a screaming toddler holds an important parenting lesson.

Seriously, I don't see the "important parenting lesson" here. Just as standing in the kitchen and doing nothing is not a "cooking lesson", or sitting at a piano and doing nothing is not a "music lesson", letting your kid do whatever the fuck she wants, doing nothing, then bragging about it is not a "parenting lesson". Though we can't blame Justin, he says that his dad "raised" him the same way.

"I try to remember to make sure my daughter knows it's OK that she feels deeply."

Okay, remember that when she's 13 and screams your head off because you're not letting her to go to that cool party in that bad neighborhood. Those words will just express her "deep feelings".

"It's not embarrassing to me when she throw tantrums in the grocery store, or screams on a plane."

Geez, thanks for reassuring us, Justin. I bet all those people around you who give you and your screaming kid the LOOK are just worried about your feelings. They'll be totally relieved when they learn you're not embarrassed.

"I'm her dad…not yours."

It's obvious, since my dad can actually raise children. The problem is, Justin, you're not even your kid's dad - you're her pal, her best buddy who is afraid she won't see him as "cool" if you dare to discipline her. So many parents are keen on treating their kids as equals, they forget they're actually responsible for them.

"Let's not be embarrassed for our children. It doesn't reflect on you."

On whom does it reflect then???
Re: Justin Baldoni on kid tantrums confused smiley
February 21, 2018
If he does it in his own house, fine. In public, people need to remember that a certain level of behavior is expected, and people will only forgive so many transgressions, so they should be saved for instances where the situation really is beyond control. The reason that a certain standard of behavior is expected is that one, nobody would like it if everyone started behaving however they wanted, and two, everyone is equally deserving of the public space. It isn't just for people who are loud and obnoxious, it's also for people with hidden conditions who can't handle loud noises (migraines, ear infections, sound sensitivity). In order to ensure that more people can use the space, we have a set of rules about how to share it.
February 21, 2018
This is the largest load of unmitigated bull shitting I've ever heard, and it's everything I would expect from an overpaid and warped Hollywood actor who is completely removed from reality. Correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't have a whole foods in my country, but isn't whole foods a mecca for pretentious mega-douches? Well, that wouldn't surprise me that this douchebag actor is photographed in it, as it's seems perfectly suited to his douchey personality.

Where in anyone's mind, with half a modicum of common sense, does encouraging emotional unregulation is 'paramount for emotional development'?!? 'Feeling deeply' is not going to excuse the adult from the crimes they commit during unbridled rage.

Of course he feels no guilt, because he's a monumental selfish twat, who couldn't give a rats arse about anyone else affected. He's not a dad, because that infers parenting responsibility, he's yet another douchebag, who's raising yet another self-absorbed, entitled, atrocious prat, who think that they're the center of the universe.
February 21, 2018
"It's not embarrassing to me when she throw tantrums in the grocery store, or screams on a plane."

Oh trust me, when your toddler throws tantrums in a store, everybody notices. From the customers who can't focus, to the parents with sleeping babies they are carrying, to the people with migraine triggers and sound sensitivities. And if you come in regularly enough and let your child 'express herself deeply' way too many times, you just might earn yourself a ban from by the store if enough customers complain.

You aren't special just because you are rich and/or famous. You are just yet another actor only a bad flick, show, or comment away from being a washed up has-been. And your daughter is just only so much time away from being a social pariah when she's older and talked about in an ugly manner by other teens and young women because she never learned to conduct herself well in public, because you believe she's too 'your child' for that.

And you know what? Nobody is going to be nice to your child when her bad behavior eventually meets reality, because real people won't tolerate that. 'Expressing herself' is just your lame excuse at not wanting to be 'the parent,'and is just setting her up for a big social reality check later on.
February 21, 2018
They're not teaching their child a single modicum of respect for others when they let her do that in a public place.

My mother would have killed me if I ever behaved that way in public, and I knew from an early age not to test her. I remember being in the grocery store with her, and some feral bastard would be having a meltdown in the store as we passed. She would grab my hand, drag me away, while saying, "Fucking KID" Loudly enough for the kid and the parents to hear. This happened a few times, and now it makes me laugh.

The sad part is that after she died, her eulogy was all about how she loved kids. That wasn't true at all. She HATED kids, especially strange ones. I remember that from when I was younger, and seeing her react to ill-behaved semen demons in different places. Nobody ever mentioned that she had a great deal of compassion for the homeless, and even gave them her last few dollars when she had the chance. She loved animals, and donated to the SPCA every month until her death.

I spoke about this with my sister after the funeral, and she agreed with me. If she loved and tolerated the little fucks, she would have not made an issue of them shrieking and yelling in public...but she couldn't stand them. Even friends' kids. She hated them too.
February 21, 2018
I have a different take on this. The moo and duh and grand duh are staring at the banshee wondering what would nanny do? And where is the nanny anyway?

He probably isn't around his own kid enough to be embarrassed by her because when she is throwing fits because, you know. Nanny.

Lock him up in the room with his daughter for 2 weeks and that calm veneer will vanish after her 1,000 tantrum.
February 21, 2018
Who the hell is Justin Baldoni?? Never heard of him.
February 22, 2018
Dear duh, you may not be bothered by it, but guess what, the world doesn’t revolve around you. You don’t have to be bothered by it. It bothers other people, and since you brought this thing into existence it’s your job to manage it so it doesn’t bother other people. Why is it that this kind of attitude is only acceptable with kids?! My dog jumping on me didn’t bother me, but it bothered other people so I had to try to get him to listen. I’ve never owned a bird, but I’m sure bird owners would attest that they aren’t bothered by the sounds birds make. Yet you don’t see animals behaving badly very often. I wonder why? Is it because, I don’t know, their owners train them not to bother other people?/s

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
February 22, 2018
It goes to show how we've devolved as a society when letting your feral beast run wild is touted as "an important parenting lesson." The only lesson here is how to be a rude person who doesn't care one bit about other people around you.

vapid article
Young kids don't always pick the best time to have emotional meltdowns.

So it's up to young parents to adjust accordingly, such as, taking the beast outside so he/she doesn't make the rest of us miserable. It's called civil behavior and these assholes could use a lesson in that.

Is it really better for this kid to let her thrash around on a dirty floor? Get your brat up off the floor and do your job as a parent.

"My dad always let me feel what I needed to feel, even if it was in public and embarrassing," he wrote.

It depends. I can see having sad emotions at a funeral, but not allowing your kid to be a brat. Another important parenting lesson: there is a time and a place for everything.
February 22, 2018
There's a kid melting down because they're young and tired and have yet to develop coping systems...and then there's a kid being a manipulative Bratty McBratBrat. Either way, if it happens in public you need to haul them off, because if it's "tired/no coping" then having an audience is just another overwhelming thing and if it's "Bratty McBratBrat" then having an audience just spurs them further heights of brattitude because they KNOW they're embarassing Mom/Dad. So either way...haul them off to calm down somewhere private. The village doesn't wanna see that shit...even the ones who've raised their own kids don't want a time-travel field trip back to the toddler years.

And yes, there's a time and place for everything. Middle of a funeral, store, queue at the bank are not the time or place for bratting out.
February 22, 2018
This is but one reason I rarely go out in public any more. My migraines are hair triggered by brats.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 27, 2018
Peace
Who the hell is Justin Baldoni?? Never heard of him.

A nobody. For the most part. Worked on Jane the Virgin. A quick google look up has him coming up as being all about not worrying about being "man enough". Oh whatever. Deal with your kid, duh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login