Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FYI: This is not a baby (what a goddamn dumb bitch)

Posted by herbalgeek 
FYI: This is not a baby (what a goddamn dumb bitch)
February 23, 2018
https://www.littlethings.com/dog-owners-are-not-parents/?utm_source=wimp&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=animal

I don't know if it's this stomach bug that's going around or what, but I just about lost my shit when I came across this on my Facebook feed. I get so tired of moos kissing their own asses when it comes to the very unnecessary act of adding yet one more human to our overwhelmed planet. I want to slap the smugness straight out of this bitch.
Re: FYI: This is not a baby (what a goddamn dumb bitch)
February 23, 2018
My parrot calls me "Mummy" and calls my husband "Dad". I think it's cute as hell. I call my birds my kids because they are very much like toddlers with wings. They must be watched at all times and they are extremely intelligent animals.

This woman is pissed off....because why? Some people who love their pets call themselves 'pet parents'? WTF is it to her? I totally agree that raising brats is NOT the same as raising a pet. Raising a pet is much better. People bond with their animals very strongly, and do feel a nurturing sense towards them. What business is it of hers? Why does she feel the need to put others down for their choices? Maybe because she would rather have a pet than a kid. I know if I had my choice, I'd always go for the pet. Pets are loyal, give love, companionship and lower heart rate and stress in people with emotional problems. Can a kid do the same? It's the opposite.

If anyone ever DARED vilify me for calling my birds my kids, I'd have no problem tearing them a new asshole on the spot.
February 23, 2018
ITA. I call my cats my babies and that twat can just go fuck herself when she says we don't get to call ourselves pet parents. I am 43 goddamn years old, have red and purple hair, and if I wanted to legally change my name to Turducken Forest Fire, I will. I HATE how condescending cunts like this moo act like they can parent the whole damn world (including the father!) just because they shit out a kid. I am not saying it's right by any means, but no wonder some of these guys say fuck it with that attitude.
February 23, 2018
I think this is just another excuse for a breeder to be angry at the CF. "Lookit Meeeee doing TMIJITW DAMNIT!!!11one one one...You don't know how haaaaarrrrd it is to raise another human being!"

The ironic thing is I KNOW what a burdonsome responsibility it is to raise a kid, which is why I opted out in the first place! grinning smiley
February 23, 2018
I actually snickered aloud as I read her diatribe, because it became SO clear that she knows that pets are easier to deal with than kids, and she resents pet owners for "getting away" with doing something easier, but applying a similar label to themselves. She also thinks that pet owners see themselves as equivalent to those who're raising kids. Nope. I don't know a single pet owner who thinks that what they're doing is the same. But here's the funny part: I know people who have both pets and kids, and see themselves as Mom/Dad to BOTH the pet and the kids. That would probably make this lady's head explode.

I personally don't see myself as my pet's parent. My cat had a mom, and from her socialization, grooming, and litter box habits I'd say her mom did an excellent job. But I give zero fucks if others use a pet parent title. Hell, even pet supply stores are referring to pets' parents, as are some vet offices. If the title applies, use it. If not, don't. But don't tell others what to do when their actions have ZERO effect on you.

This lady is so defensive and worked up over what is essentially nothing.
February 23, 2018
It's also kind of a PITA to call myself a 'bird guardian' when it's easier to say I'm their mom. I'll say something silly like "Mr. M6, can you put the kids to bed tonight? I'm too tired." It's just easier and he knows what I mean. He thinks it's kind of funny, too.
February 23, 2018
mumofsixbirds
I think this is just another excuse for a breeder to be angry at the CF. "Lookit Meeeee doing TMIJITW DAMNIT!!!11one one one...You don't know how haaaaarrrrd it is to raise another human being!"

The ironic thing is I KNOW what a burdonsome responsibility it is to raise a kid, which is why I opted out in the first place! grinning smiley

Exactly, some of us know enough to opt out. But count on moo to remind us of the burden of TMIJINW in case we dare to use the parent and not be referring to crotch fruit.

Apparently being a parent takes oh so many qualifications according to moo:
"It’s essentially like taking a CPR class and deciding that it qualifies you as an MD."

Last time I checked anyone could spawn, all it requires is being fertile and a willing partner of the opposite sex. Just like earning a MD!

I sense serious anger and frustration in this article and don't see how that can sustain a healthy environment for raising children.

On the bright side: the photos of the pups are beyond cute!

My former kitty (divorce separated her from me) I taught how to play tag, she understood the word no and would argue with me if she really wanted something. She also had a natural grasp of manners and was more polite than most adults. Way way smarter than most toddlers and tons of kitty personality.
February 23, 2018
Yes, ITA, Freya.

Bird Mommyhood:

Meltdowns, Conner saying "NO" when I tell him not to do something.
Shy and reserved around strangers, but will come out of his shell after he gets to know someone.
He says, "I love you, Mommy" when he wants me to do something for him.
He loves sweets, especially cereal. We are careful about giving him sugary treats, but once in awhile we do.
Hugs and kisses both my husband and me.
Loves affection, needy and demanding.

Now...for the absolute bonus: I can put my 'kids' in their cages when they're misbehaving and I won't go to jail. grinning smiley
February 24, 2018
14. I will get to be a grandma. I will get to keep being challenged and held accountable for everything I say, do, and believe. She will make sure of it.

I feel sorry for that kid. I hope she turns out CF
February 25, 2018
the animal that inspires the most intense faux parents — can switch homes and owners with relative ease as long as they continue to be well loved and cared for.

No, they can't. Every dog I've had that was a rehoming situation had issues that took weeks to months to straighten out until the dog felt safe again. It's unhealthy to turn their routine and living situation upside down very often. My Dad inherited a Shih Tzu when his older sister passed - the dog had been passed back and forth from person to person before he finally got her and she was a mess. She broke skin on all of us at least once. Shat and pissed the floor for several months and was generally unpleasant. She did eventually get to a point where she felt safe with us and realized she was home, but she forever remained for the most part a grumpy little dog. We had her for 8 years until she passed last May at the age of 14. I recently adopted a Border Collie from the shelter and we're still dealing with wackiness from him, and he shit the floor again last night. He took to my Dad immediately and glues himself to him, but is taking longer to warm up to me and Mom. It's extremely upsetting for an animal to be rehomed.

I call my dogs my kids all the time. A good friend of mine even refers to them as his nephews. This lady can suck sand.
February 25, 2018
Ask the volunteers at our local SPCA and bird sanctuary how easy it is for the animal to be rehomed.

Leah, my rescue cockatiel is starting to come out of her shell now. She still gives me the odd bite and doesn't like to be approached in certain ways, and we've had her for six months now. Healthwise, she's much better. She has increased her muscle mass through plenty of exercise and healthy foods, and she's lost her old, scraggly feathers and has gained some newer, brighter ones. She has improved immensely in many ways and takes to my husband very well. She is a little less trustworthy of me, and that's fine. Time and patience will take care of that.

These breeder moos forget that animals are living, loving, emotional creatures and it takes a lot of time to help them, especially if they've been in a bad home before. I think that moos think that the only beings with feelings are children, and they treat animals as if they are objects.

This woman can suck my proverbial dick.

Oh...I forgot to mention that my husband has been so taken by Leah and the rest of the birds, that he's told me once he's retired he wants to dedicate some time volunteering at our local bird sanctuary. There are hundreds of exotic birds there that need love, time and attention. I told him that was a great idea, and I'm totally on board with anything I can do.
February 26, 2018
Looks like we got ourselves a Bed. Made. Lie. situation here. My two kitties have never, ever pestered me for some plastic doo-hickey, nor have they gone apeshit at me that their kitty food has been served with the wrong spoon. Maybe she wishes she would go back in time - before the little shit was born - and got a pet instead now that she has been hit with the ugly truth of Moohood.
February 26, 2018
lonecretinau
Looks like we got ourselves a Bed. Made. Lie. situation here. My two kitties have never, ever pestered me for some plastic doo-hickey, nor have they gone apeshit at me that their kitty food has been served with the wrong spoon. Maybe she wishes she would go back in time - before the little shit was born - and got a pet instead now that she has been hit with the ugly truth of Moohood.
Oh it's definitely buyers remorse - breeders see how easy pet parents have it compared to them and they hate it. They hate that they fell for the LifeScript and didn't have the gumption to think for themselves, and now they're paying to shit-smeared price for their stupidity. That's why there's so much breeder-based hate aimed at people who choose to have pets instead of children (or even just people who chose not to have kids in general); they're jealous and bitter that we have it easier than they do because we used our brains instead of our genitals.
February 26, 2018
MO6B
Oh...I forgot to mention that my husband has been so taken by Leah and the rest of the birds, that he's told me once he's retired he wants to dedicate some time volunteering at our local bird sanctuary. There are hundreds of exotic birds there that need love, time and attention. I told him that was a great idea, and I'm totally on board with anything I can do.

Awww, that's so cool. Sounds like a great guy.
February 26, 2018
Most of this...she is right. Kids can't be caged, boarded or stuffed in the cargo hold of an airplane (though it is safe to do so and I wish they would.)

I joked with a friend who is a divorced dad that I don't have to pay for college and cars, though he did get lucky with good kids (that is on the parents, and no one else).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 27, 2018
Personally, I think the term is silly. But I don't care if people use it. It is not as if there is any genuine risk of confusion if someone calls their pet their child, any more than we think someone is a pedophile if they call their partner "babe". Terminology matters when it can induce misunderstanding (e.g., "childfree") but it's just nitpicking when no confusion can result.

I guess the protest is rooted in her feeling the value of what she is doing is diminished if people call their pets kids, just like some 3-times divorced right-wing politician feels the value of his marriage is diminished if gay people can wed. Because having kids is so special and exclusive.
February 27, 2018
yurble
Personally, I think the term is silly. But I don't care if people use it. It is not as if there is any genuine risk of confusion if someone calls their pet their child, any more than we think someone is a pedophile if they call their partner "babe". Terminology matters when it can induce misunderstanding (e.g., "childfree") but it's just nitpicking when no confusion can result.

I guess the protest is rooted in her feeling the value of what she is doing is diminished if people call their pets kids, just like some 3-times divorced right-wing politician feels the value of his marriage is diminished if gay people can wed. Because having kids is so special and exclusive.

Guess this is why they have all this righteous indignation over a term because the drudgery is overwhelming yet so special and exclusive at the same time.

Still, any organism can reproduce but it is TMIJITW!!!!
February 27, 2018
mumofsixbirds
If anyone ever DARED vilify me for calling my birds my kids, I'd have no problem tearing them a new asshole on the spot.

They're fids - featherkids - and knowing what type of birds we have, we're both parronts!
February 27, 2018
aes sedai
mumofsixbirds

They're fids - featherkids - and knowing what type of birds we have, we're both parronts!

I love this! grinning smiley
February 27, 2018
I never used the term until my VET called me my cat's mom. I guess it depends on what you think the crucial elements are-- yes, pets are easier & cheaper than kids, but we can love them just as much...sometimes more.
February 27, 2018
Did anybody see the "article" by the woman who almost ran over a woman and stroller, then got pissed when she found out the stroller carried a dog and not a baby? She complained she felt "deceived." Like it was okay to run over the adult. Ugh.
February 27, 2018
kittehpeoples
Did anybody see the "article" by the woman who almost ran over a woman and stroller, then got pissed when she found out the stroller carried a dog and not a baby? She complained she felt "deceived." Like it was okay to run over the adult. Ugh.

A sane person would be breathing a sigh of relief that the woman wasn't ran over or hurt.
February 28, 2018
kittehpeoples

The breeder attitude in a nutshell. Nobody else matters. Human life is meaningless, unless it is a small child or someone closely associated with a small child. If it had been a baby in the stroller, being pushed by a babysitter, this complete asshole would probably feel deceived because she'd initially been afraid that she'd nearly run over a mawm.
March 01, 2018
kittehpeoples
I never used the term until my VET called me my cat's mom. I guess it depends on what you think the crucial elements are-- yes, pets are easier & cheaper than kids, but we can love them just as much...sometimes more.

Exactly. The people at the vet's office will be talking to my cat, saying something like, "Okay, sweetie, we're all done, good job. Mom can take you home now!". I am not insulted by what they say. I don't think they're confusing me for anyone's mom. I think it's their way of acknowledging that pets are part of the family and are very loved.

Occasionally when my cat is doing independent-cat things, looking like she has an attitude (she doesn't--she's very sweet), pestering for food, or generally being Such A Cat, we figure we are "the housekeepers" to her. As in "Ugh, I wish the housekeepers wouldn't interrupt my nap" or "Hey housekeeper, why haven't you fed me yet?".
March 01, 2018
randomcfchick
kittehpeoples

Exactly. The people at the vet's office will be talking to my cat, saying something like, "Okay, sweetie, we're all done, good job. Mom can take you home now!". I am not insulted by what they say. I don't think they're confusing me for anyone's mom. I think it's their way of acknowledging that pets are part of the family and are very loved.

Occasionally when my cat is doing independent-cat things, looking like she has an attitude (she doesn't--she's very sweet), pestering for food, or generally being Such A Cat, we figure we are "the housekeepers" to her. As in "Ugh, I wish the housekeepers wouldn't interrupt my nap" or "Hey housekeeper, why haven't you fed me yet?".

So Hilarious! Husband and I sometimes refer to ourselves as "Butler" and "Maid" to our birds. Our vet also says similar things to me (calling me Mom to my birds) when I bring one of them in for a nail clip or vet checkup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login