Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FYI: This is not a baby (what a goddamn dumb bitch)

Posted by herbalgeek 
Re: FYI: This is not a baby (what a goddamn dumb bitch)
March 02, 2018
mumofsixbirds
randomcfchick
kittehpeoples
I never used the term until my VET called me my cat's mom. I guess it depends on what you think the crucial elements are-- yes, pets are easier & cheaper than kids, but we can love them just as much...sometimes more.

Exactly. The people at the vet's office will be talking to my cat, saying something like, "Okay, sweetie, we're all done, good job. Mom can take you home now!". I am not insulted by what they say. I don't think they're confusing me for anyone's mom. I think it's their way of acknowledging that pets are part of the family and are very loved.

Occasionally when my cat is doing independent-cat things, looking like she has an attitude (she doesn't--she's very sweet), pestering for food, or generally being Such A Cat, we figure we are "the housekeepers" to her. As in "Ugh, I wish the housekeepers wouldn't interrupt my nap" or "Hey housekeeper, why haven't you fed me yet?".

So Hilarious! Husband and I sometimes refer to ourselves as "Butler" and "Maid" to our birds. Our vet also says similar things to me (calling me Mom to my birds) when I bring one of them in for a nail clip or vet checkup.

We refer to my boyfriend's two parrots as "the girlfriends" and joke that he likes to keep three girlfriends around.
It was all fun and games until the last few weeks when his two parrots of more than 15 years both suddenly went deeply into breeding behaviour that we are trying to avert.
It didn't work and one of them is sitting in 3 (obviously unfertilized) eggs.
Re: FYI: This is not a baby (what a goddamn dumb bitch)
March 03, 2018
cassia
mumofsixbirds
randomcfchick
kittehpeoples
I never used the term until my VET called me my cat's mom. I guess it depends on what you think the crucial elements are-- yes, pets are easier & cheaper than kids, but we can love them just as much...sometimes more.

Exactly. The people at the vet's office will be talking to my cat, saying something like, "Okay, sweetie, we're all done, good job. Mom can take you home now!". I am not insulted by what they say. I don't think they're confusing me for anyone's mom. I think it's their way of acknowledging that pets are part of the family and are very loved.

Occasionally when my cat is doing independent-cat things, looking like she has an attitude (she doesn't--she's very sweet), pestering for food, or generally being Such A Cat, we figure we are "the housekeepers" to her. As in "Ugh, I wish the housekeepers wouldn't interrupt my nap" or "Hey housekeeper, why haven't you fed me yet?".

So Hilarious! Husband and I sometimes refer to ourselves as "Butler" and "Maid" to our birds. Our vet also says similar things to me (calling me Mom to my birds) when I bring one of them in for a nail clip or vet checkup.

We refer to my boyfriend's two parrots as "the girlfriends" and joke that he likes to keep three girlfriends around.
It was all fun and games until the last few weeks when his two parrots of more than 15 years both suddenly went deeply into breeding behaviour that we are trying to avert.
It didn't work and one of them is sitting in 3 (obviously unfertilized) eggs.

Haha! That is so funny! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login