Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why does the media love a surprise sprog?

Posted by cfdavep 
Why does the media love a surprise sprog?
March 08, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mom-discovered-she-pregnant-30-190702513.html

Why are there all these stories about moos who head to the hospital thinking they are passing the largest bowel movement in the history of life on earth only to push out a baybee, along with pics of the happy moo claiming that was the "best surprise crap" imaginable full of smiles and joy, cause nothing like a $250,000 surprise. That is like a cf woman's worst nightmare and a pro-liar fantasy of punishing a cf woman. The whole thing is just creepy.
Re: Why does the media love a surprise sprog?
March 08, 2018
cfdavep

Why are there all these stories about moos who head to the hospital thinking they are passing the largest bowel movement in the history of life on earth only to push out a baybee, along with pics of the happy moo claiming that was the "best surprise crap" imaginable full of smiles and joy, cause nothing like a $250,000 surprise. That is like a cf woman's worst nightmare and a pro-liar fantasy of punishing a cf woman. The whole thing is just creepy.

I have a really hard time believing these surprise pignant and now sluicing, oops stories. I've never met a woman in person who had any doubt she was pignant, most of them were miserable and looked sick more often than not.
March 08, 2018
freya
cfdavep

I have a really hard time believing these surprise pignant and now sluicing, oops stories. I've never met a woman in person who had any doubt she was pignant, most of them were miserable and looked sick more often than not.

I have met two women in my life who claimed that they had previously unknown pregnancy and surprise births.

Both were people who were normal intelligence but who were very vague at all times of their days and had both a lack of planning and awareness as constants in their lives.
They did not plan nor investigate to make their lives better but sort of reacted to the moment with whatever instinct occurred to them.
March 09, 2018
freya
cfdavep

I have. I had a very good British friend when I lived overseas who didn't know she was pregnant (with twins!) until she was six months along. She kept having periods and didn't gain any weight and felt fine. One day she woke up with a swollen abdomen and went to the doc. Surprise!
March 09, 2018
cassia
freya
cfdavep

I have met two women in my life who claimed that they had previously unknown pregnancy and surprise births.

Both were people who were normal intelligence but who were very vague at all times of their days and had both a lack of planning and awareness as constants in their lives.
They did not plan nor investigate to make their lives better but sort of reacted to the moment with whatever instinct occurred to them.

Wow! Seems scary to think of potentially drinking lots of alcohol and not being aware of this! Or the timing being wrong, etc.
March 09, 2018
skyeyes
freya
cfdavep

I have. I had a very good British friend when I lived overseas who didn't know she was pregnant (with twins!) until she was six months along. She kept having periods and didn't gain any weight and felt fine. One day she woke up with a swollen abdomen and went to the doc. Surprise!

I hope it was a good surprise for her. And twins, incredible! Guess she had a really easy pregnancy!
March 09, 2018
freya
skyeyes
freya
cfdavep

I hope it was a good surprise for her. And twins, incredible! Guess she had a really easy pregnancy!

Unfortunately, I think the pregnancy will be the easiest part of the whole thing. Raising two loaves would be horrible, especially if you weren't expecting it.
March 09, 2018
freya
cfdavep

I knew one cow who had NO warning that she was about to calve. There are women out there who don't receive the signals their bodies give.

I've nerve damage in my legs and when my nervous system misfires my legs stop working. I don't know there's a problem until I'm splat on the floor. Something similar could be happening to these cows.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 09, 2018
I'm sterilized, so as long as I continue to have my period regularly, it wouldn't occur to me that I might be pregnant. That sounds like such a fucking nightmare.
March 09, 2018
yurble
I'm sterilized, so as long as I continue to have my period regularly, it wouldn't occur to me that I might be pregnant. That sounds like such a fucking nightmare.

There are women who have periods the full 9 months of pregnancy.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 10, 2018
craftyzits
yurble

I know, but the odds are low enough that my rational brain doesn't worry about it. (My subconscious brain is another story, as I have had nightmares about pregnancy.) I've calculated the probability of being pregnant without knowing it (since in any other situation I'd abort) and the statistics are quite reassuring. Basically, I took the probability of pregnancy at my age (over 40), the probability of my contraceptive method (essure sterilization) failing, and the probability of a stealth pregnancy (quite uncommon) and the resulting probability was much less than the chance of getting hit by lightning.
March 10, 2018
craftyzits
yurble

There are also women whose periods are extremely erratic due to PCOS or other hormonal issues. Insulin resistance and weight gain tend to go along with those endocrine issues, so if the woman in question is already carrying extra weight she might not notice pregnancy until far along since her periods are few and far between.

Still, I'd think they'd notice the other really nasty pregnancy symptoms, like a fetus kicking your other internal organs, having to pee every five minutes, painful breasts, etc.
March 10, 2018
randomcfchick

There are also women whose periods are extremely erratic due to PCOS or other hormonal issues. Insulin resistance and weight gain tend to go along with those endocrine issues, so if the woman in question is already carrying extra weight she might not notice pregnancy until far along since her periods are few and far between.

Still, I'd think they'd notice the other really nasty pregnancy symptoms, like a fetus kicking your other internal organs, having to pee every five minutes, painful breasts, etc.

There is nerve damage (which I have) that can be extensive enough to block the sensations of something kicking you. And if you already pee every five minutes and have painful breasts before pregnancy... If you don't have health insurance, you are unlikely to go to the doctor unless an organ is falling out of you.

My entire nervous system is damaged. I feel things I shouldn't and don't feel things I should. PCOS was one of the reasons my gyno was so willing to yank my uterus.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 11, 2018
The media loves a surprise sprog almost as much as they love a Downey sprog

Warning: apparently this is one of those water birth families, and clicking through the pictures reveals a tub filled with blood, possibly shit and other bio waste.

First of all, this is not a "news" story. People give birth to children with chromosomal abnormalities all the time, unfortunately for them. But MSN is bending over backward to present these good people, who obviously had no prenatal care and are "thrilled," even though the sprog has to have open heart surgery, a not-uncommon side effect of Down's syndrome.

let's just keep cramming it down our throats that all children are blessingsTM and parents who birth ones with lifetime disabilities are even more exalted.
March 12, 2018
The kid’s name is Amadeus. As a musician, I cried.bawling There is only one Amadeus! And that birth water looks a lot like the Mighty Mississippi. Blech...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login