Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That Darwin dude is one mean SOB...

Posted by kman 
That Darwin dude is one mean SOB...
March 12, 2018
This story contains a lot of hand-wringing about kids playing the "choking game" to get a quick high, but instead overdoing it and dying. Some of these are probably the same ones who would be eating Tide Pods anyway.

Choking game

Some of them are well into their teens, old enough to know better. Eating Tide Pods and self-choking now, then the next day lecturing us on the need for gun control... eye rolling smiley
Re: That Darwin dude is one mean SOB...
March 13, 2018
I don't necessarily agree with them, but I don't think that the same kids participating in political activism are going home and eating Tide Pods in their spare time.
March 13, 2018
“Mostly mothers, have mobilized to spread an urgent message to technology companies, the counties policy makers, and schools”

Pray tell, what are the policy makers supposed to do? If your kid is too stupid to overcome his boredom without seeking a high / strangling himself, his “contributions” to society and the gene pool won’t be missed.

Also, I’m going to politely disagree that gun control supporters are reasonable political activists. Disarming the common people because of what some lunatic did is like promising to protect the sheep from the lions by chaining up the German shepherds. It’s an appeal to emotion, a moral robbing of Peter to pay Paul. The left wants to make the sheeple feel better so they’re going to pass more laws that will infringe upon citizens, laws that criminals will continue to ignore.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
March 19, 2018
contemplativeintrovert

If your kid is too stupid to overcome his boredom without seeking a high / strangling himself, his “contributions” to society and the gene pool won’t be missed.

^^^^This! If your kid is that moronic to think that it would be fun, getting high from strangling self into unconsciousness, then, please make sure you do it properly, and bleach your genes out of humanities already demented gene pool. Better yet, here's another fun game, it's called playing chicken on railway tracks!

Seriously, I know tweens and teens are morons, and have been so since time immemorial, but has their IQ's dropped sharply over the last decade, because I can't seem to remember them being as mind-meltingly retarded? exploding face
March 19, 2018
contemplativeintrovert
“Mostly mothers, have mobilized to spread an urgent message to technology companies, the counties policy makers, and schools”

What do these moos expect the technology companies, schools and policy makers to do about brats who think it is a good idea to be strangled into unconsciousness? Parent their brats because they aren't capable of doing so?
They'd be just as well off in calling pest control to address the problem and expect them to parent their brats.
March 20, 2018
@Freya

Exactly! You can’t legislate stupid people out of Darwinising themselves. It’s like the “tide pod challenge.” In response tide, along with many other pod detergent brands, have “child proofed” their containers. The large cylindrical All pods containers give me a challenge at home, and I find it damn near impossible to do laundry at my sisters, because of the new
Tide pods zippers. I can never seem to depress the damned ziplock down far enough to be able to slide it over and have it open. So it’s harder for normal people to do laundry, and it probably doesn’t save anyone. Snotleigh can get someone else to open it, or take scissors to the bag, or find some other way to deliberately poison themselves. What’s next? The fluoride challenge? Bleach? Stupid people are going to find some way to deliberately hurt themselves regardless. Moos of said stupid people should stop blaming companies and the internet and spend time parenting their children.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
March 21, 2018
contemplativeintrovert
Exactly! You can’t legislate stupid people out of Darwinising themselves. It’s like the “tide pod challenge.” In response tide, along with many other pod detergent brands, have “child proofed” their containers. The large cylindrical All pods containers give me a challenge at home, and I find it damn near impossible to do laundry at my sisters, because of the new
Tide pods zippers. I can never seem to depress the damned ziplock down far enough to be able to slide it over and have it open. So it’s harder for normal people to do laundry, and it probably doesn’t save anyone.

You can open it just once and then dump them into an old container or even just a cheap plastic box purchased for the function. That's what I do, whenever I encounter unreasonable packaging. Of course it is wasteful so my usual preference is to avoid products like that.
March 21, 2018
contemplativeintrovert
@Freya

Tide pods zippers. I can never seem to depress the damned ziplock down far enough to be able to slide it over and have it open. So it’s harder for normal people to do laundry, and it probably doesn’t save anyone. Snotleigh can get someone else to open it, or take scissors to the bag, or find some other way to deliberately poison themselves. What’s next? The fluoride challenge? Bleach? Stupid people are going to find some way to deliberately hurt themselves regardless. Moos of said stupid people should stop blaming companies and the internet and spend time parenting their children.

When I was a kid I was always handed the medicine bottles so I could open them for adults with arthritic hands. I was an Aspie, but not a Darwinizing idiot.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 21, 2018
Stupid people are always going to do stupid things and end up darwinizing themselves in stupid ways, no matter how many warnings or signs society puts out there to protect them from their blatant stupidity. Frankly, I think it's kind of hilarious! grinning smiley
March 21, 2018
For the past few months, I had some quite severe illnesses that required a LOT of different and frequent medications, and some of those containers had child-proofing tops.

I expressed frustration that while severely ill, I was fighting medication bottles about a dozen times a day.
Several people told me to just leave the tops alone (about 16 weeks x a dozen times per day) in case a child ever entered my home.
(No child has entered my home in 37 years)

Screw that !

I found a tutorial on disabling different types of child-proof caps and had one less set of unnecessary frustrations in my already shitty convalescence.
Instructibles: How to Make Evil Childproof Caps Easy to Open
March 22, 2018
cassia
Several people told me to just leave the tops alone (about 16 weeks x a dozen times per day) in case a child ever entered my home.

It is a plot to an implausible horror movie: poor sick CF woman is recuperating at home when a gang of toddlers break in to rob her home. She is too sick to fend them off and their piercing shrieks are like knives in her ears, leaving her weak and sobbing. However, the toddlers become preoccupied with her medications and, much to our heroine's relief, they off themselves because her child-proof caps have been disabled. But wait! Although she has saved herself from the horde, she is now facing criminal charges because her "negligence" has killed chiiiiiiiiilllldren.
March 25, 2018
cassia
For the past few months, I had some quite severe illnesses that required a LOT of different and frequent medications, and some of those containers had child-proofing tops.

I expressed frustration that while severely ill, I was fighting medication bottles about a dozen times a day.

Screw that !

I found a tutorial on disabling different types of child-proof caps and had one less set of unnecessary frustrations in my already shitty convalescence.
Instructibles: How to Make Evil Childproof Caps Easy to Open

Sorry to hear you had to go through illnesses and have so much trouble with your medication cassia. If I lived near you I would help you out. The people who told you to leave the tops on the bottle in case a child entered your home....tell them to leave out a giant slab of raw meat in case a tiger enters their home. You're sick and don't need to deal with random people and their "what ifs".
March 25, 2018
yurble
cassia

It is a plot to an implausible horror movie: poor sick CF woman is recuperating at home when a gang of toddlers break in to rob her home. She is too sick to fend them off and their piercing shrieks are like knives in her ears, leaving her weak and sobbing. However, the toddlers become preoccupied with her medications and, much to our heroine's relief, they off themselves because her child-proof caps have been disabled. But wait! Although she has saved herself from the horde, she is now facing criminal charges because her "negligence" has killed chiiiiiiiiilllldren.

Yes! They enter through the doggie door because they think she has a balloon or some other nonsense. The moos and duhs are completely absent from the movie.
March 26, 2018
freya
yurble

Yes! They enter through the doggie door because they think she has a balloon or some other nonsense. The moos and duhs are completely absent from the movie.

Until the end, when they come to cry over the corpses: "I only looked away for a minute!"
April 01, 2018
contemplativeintrovert
@Freya

I just bought more Tide pods and it has one of those childproof lids. I haven't tried to open it yet, hope it won't be too hard.
April 01, 2018
bop
I don't necessarily agree with them, but I don't think that the same kids participating in political activism are going home and eating Tide Pods in their spare time.

I agree. There are probably a lot of young people who don't do foolish things like eating Tide pods, choking, etc., they just don't get the attention the idiots do.
April 01, 2018
freya
yurble
cassia

Agree. Luckily, the pharmacies I've dealt with recently will give non-childproof caps on request.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login