Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sepsis developed as a result of a miscarriage

Posted by freya 
Sepsis developed as a result of a miscarriage
March 12, 2018
Re: Sepsis developed as a result of a miscarriage
March 13, 2018
Sepsis is scary as Hell. I'm scheduled to have necessary surgery soon and articles about sepsis are scaring the Beejezus out of me. Mary Elizabeth Williams wrote an excellent article about it

It's not possible to tell whether the doctors didn't act fast enough because it can progress to a scary situation pretty fast. The suit alleges the hospital did not follow their own sepsis protocol. It sounds to me as if she wasn't properly checked out after her miscarriage either. An ectopic pregnancy can kill you. A common scenario is when a woman has what she thinks is a miscarriage and sheds off her uterine lining, but the fetus continues to grow in the tube; it ruptures and it's a life-threatening complication. If a woman has a D&C after miscarriage, the contents of the uterus should be examined to ensure the sperm-n-egg omelet is there and not in the tube. An ultrasound of the tubes should be done and women should be advised to watch for abdominal pain.

edited for medical correctness.
March 15, 2018
I had MRSA Pneumonia in May with Sepsis. I went to sleep the night before and woke up a month later in a physical rehab place as I went into a three-week-long coma.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 16, 2018
craftyzits
I had MRSA Pneumonia in May with Sepsis. I went to sleep the night before and woke up a month later in a physical rehab place as I went into a three-week-long coma.

Wow! Glad you're still with us. That MRSA pneumonia, that's what killed my mother. Hard stuff to get over.
March 17, 2018
I’m also scheduled for laparoscopic surgery after getting diagnosed with a 6 cm (about 2.40 inches) endometrioma on my ovary. I waited about 6 months for this surgery as i postponed it, i was just too afraid and i hoped BC pills will shrink that thing. They stopped my pains completely though and i’ll have an appointment in 2 weeks with the surgeon to see what’s the situation.
I’m still shit scared of the surgery, mostly because of the possible complications. Although as i have seen most laparoscopies go very well.
March 17, 2018
blackpearl
I’m still shit scared of the surgery, mostly because of the possible complications. Although as i have seen most laparoscopies go very well.

I actually just had a laparoscopy for endo a couple days ago, and I was terrified of getting surgery (especially since the endo had been aggravated to eleven by a parasite infection I finally got rid of a couple months ago) but everything went well. I was starting to get adhesion between my uterus and colon and am relieved it was caught before any more damage could be done. No complications, just post-op recovery pain I was told to expect.
March 28, 2018
aes sedai
blackpearl

I actually just had a laparoscopy for endo a couple days ago, and I was terrified of getting surgery (especially since the endo had been aggravated to eleven by a parasite infection I finally got rid of a couple months ago) but everything went well. I was starting to get adhesion between my uterus and colon and am relieved it was caught before any more damage could be done. No complications, just post-op recovery pain I was told to expect.

It's good to hear encouraging experiences. I just visited the doctor today to talk surgery procedures and she did an ultrasound to check how the cyst is doing. Surprise, surprise the thing has shrunk to half of the size and i didn't have that much pain either so she postponed the surgery and decided to just keep an eye on it for the moment. Doctors told me that that cyst size is impossible to shrink with BC pills but well...i think i'm an exception. I just did the tumor markers tests and waiting for the results, last time the CA125 was a bit elevated...I was also terrified of the check up because last time hurt like a bitch but now it was completely painless. (I still think the ultrasound dildo is way too big but well, maybe i'm just being too tightgrinning smiley)

That was also one of my big fears, sepsis, and also damage to my bladder and not being able to keep my pee or cutting of a lot from my insides. I know it sounds weird for CF but i would really want to preserve my reproductive parts as much as possible.
March 28, 2018
blackpearl
aes sedai
blackpearl

It's good to hear encouraging experiences. I just visited the doctor today to talk surgery procedures and she did an ultrasound to check how the cyst is doing. Surprise, surprise the thing has shrunk to half of the size and i didn't have that much pain either so she postponed the surgery and decided to just keep an eye on it for the moment. Doctors told me that that cyst size is impossible to shrink with BC pills but well...i think i'm an exception. I just did the tumor markers tests and waiting for the results, last time the CA125 was a bit elevated...I was also terrified of the check up because last time hurt like a bitch but now it was completely painless. (I still think the ultrasound dildo is way too big but well, maybe i'm just being too tightgrinning smiley)

That was also one of my big fears, sepsis, and also damage to my bladder and not being able to keep my pee or cutting of a lot from my insides. I know it sounds weird for CF but i would really want to preserve my reproductive parts as much as possible.

When I had my hysterectomy the doctor used a Davinci Robot to do a minimally invasive snatch and grab of the offending organs. I had no complications and spent about three weeks peeing into a diaper. (I've bladder issues before surgery. Your bladder should be fine unless you've a shoddy doc.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 19, 2018
Well, she won't be likely to get in pig again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login