Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jahi McMath back in the news

Posted by JoJo 
Re: Jahi McMath back in the news
June 28, 2018
Finally!

Link

Little Corpsy finally kicked the bucket!
June 28, 2018
Quote: the Oakland teen whose brain death case captivated the world while machines kept her breathing....

Hardly. If there was any captivating about this it was the sheer inanity of keeping her alive for 5 years after she was declared brain dead. And the famblee expecting some kind of a divine intervention miracul, Lazarus-style plus 4 years and 360 days.
June 29, 2018
That was a $22 million corpse that died
June 29, 2018
That poor kid can finally rest instead of being kept artificially alive and paraded around so her family didn’t have to feel guilt or grief. Five years of this and there was no scientific breakthrough that would benefit humanity as a whole. Instead, organs that could have been donated have gone to waste and idiots in the vein of anti-vaxxers are going to get similarly stupid ideas.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
June 30, 2018
News flash!!! Jahi McMath is STILL dead...and always has been since the cheeseburger caper.
July 02, 2018
I sure picked a good time to catch up! I was just thinking about our favorite cadaver a couple days ago and would ya look at that, she went and died on me!

I wonder how she suddenly died from internal bleeding and kidney problems. Did her family stuff a cheeseburger in her feeding tube or something? I honestly don't know how life support works long-term, so I don't know how common it is for the body to suddenly fail like this when machines are keeping it alive. Makes me wonder if human error (accidental or intentional) was involved.

“The only regret I have is taking her to get her tonsils removed,” she added.

But you don't regret feeding her the greasy burger that killed her? Nice. She needed her tonsils out because of obstructive sleep apnea, I think it was? Some kind of issue related to the girl's weight and a tonsillectomy would help her breathe better. While the risk of greater complications from surgery is higher for large people, that doesn't mean the surgery was the problem. The problem was Jahi's stupid fucking relatives giving her solid food (dense solid food, I might add) very shortly after throat surgery when she probably wasn't even allowed to drink anything, let alone eat.

I'm glad this poor girl doesn't have to be a science experiment any longer. She can finally rest while her family spends the rest of their lives crusading for changes to brain death guidelines because they won't admit that their poor choices killed this young girl.
July 04, 2018
Cambion
The problem was Jahi's stupid fucking relatives giving her solid food (dense solid food, I might add) very shortly after throat surgery when she probably wasn't even allowed to drink anything, let alone eat.

With those kind of relatives she is better off dead. She was in her teenage years and it sounds like no one in her family had any sort of impulse control. It would be very painful for her to learn impulse control as an older teenager or adult. Bad parenting results in no understanding of impulse control.

I've had two previous boyfriends who were shocked I can have food and alcohol in my house without consuming all of it immediately. I caught one checking the levels of the alcohol when he visited and was surprised the levels hadn't changed. Apparently impulse control is something they both ran a bit short of. And collectively, impulse control and discernment seem to be dying out along with courtesy.
July 04, 2018
freya

With those kind of relatives she is better off dead. She was in her teenage years and it sounds like no one in her family had any sort of impulse control. It would be very painful for her to learn impulse control as an older teenager or adult. Bad parenting results in no understanding of impulse control.

I've had two previous boyfriends who were shocked I can have food and alcohol in my house without consuming all of it immediately. I caught one checking the levels of the alcohol when he visited and was surprised the levels hadn't changed. Apparently impulse control is something they both ran a bit short of. And collectively, impulse control and discernment seem to be dying out along with courtesy.

Not all obesity is about impulse control. I have lots of impulse control, but my hormone problems and the amount of pills I take is like taking in 4000 calories without so much as a drink of water. But then again, I'm still alive, which is something.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 04, 2018
craftyzits
Not all obesity is about impulse control. I have lots of impulse control, but my hormone problems and the amount of pills I take is like taking in 4000 calories without so much as a drink of water. But then again, I'm still alive, which is something.

Neither of the boyfriends were obese but both had impulse control issues. They just had a hard time resisting temptation and maintaining a healthy balance. Seriously, if either of them are ever on any kind of a medication they will have to be careful not to take more than the recommended dose. One of them also had major workaholic tendencies to the point of it being very unhealthy. It definitely isn't about obesity but impulse control as there are people who have a difficult time with balance and not overspending money, speeding, or a myriad of other unhealthy obsessions. I know several people who have weight gain due to the medications that keep them alive and if it wasn't for their diligence and impulse control they would likely have already died.
July 05, 2018
craftyzits

I think providing/eating a burger minutes after surgery is evidence that the McMath family has no impulse control. Given that evidence, I expect the condition which necessitated her surgery to have been caused by the same.

In short, not all obesity comes from poor impulse control, but poor impulse control generally will lead to obesity, if the person has an inclination towards food.
July 07, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/news/funeral-honors-california-girl-declared-dead-twice-191847312.html

I guess it is not over for the docs. Moo is suing now. The sprog was in some hospital that doesn't recognize brain death as death, must be some type of Christian hospital. They REALLY need to legally end that, due to the cost of a case like this or make the religious organizations pay
July 09, 2018
I seem to remember Mama Nails saying she could not be deprived of her nightly snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches. Hmmm this would have been a safer bet than a full UPPP surgery. But impulse control was sorely lacking.

Now that it is official to everyone, even this batshit family, rest in peace kid. You were only declared dead by seven other doctors in 2013...guess 8 was the charm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
July 28, 2018
I agree, the whole damn family had plenty of problems with impulse control. In addition to feeding her a fucking Big Mac, weren't they being generally disruptive overall? According to another visitor that heard all this go down, one of Jahi’s family members said it was “racist” for them not to all be allowed in the ICU at once, so the staff knuckled under. I'm pretty sure every ICU in every hospital limits visitors to no more than 2 at once, per patient. Being expected to play by the same rules as everybody else is NOT racist—the fact they played that card even before things headed south, leads me to believe they’re “not all there.”

The $64,000 question, though, is: How come the “parents” aren't being charged with medical neglect, child endangerment, SOMETHING? There is no valid reason for a 12-year-old chyld to weigh 240 POUNDS, and she sure didn't get that way overnight! (The Big Mac thing is criminal negligence too, at the very least!)
July 28, 2018
A 240 pound 12 year old? When I was 13 I got up to 135 and thought that was intolerable. I started eating less and exercising more and got down to 116. As an adult I'm chubbier, but even at my very heaviest I was not 240. A lot of kids do look very fat now. That used to be rare.
July 28, 2018
(innocent look)
"I was wondering if Jahi Mcmath is still dead."
(/ innocent look)
July 30, 2018
drlove0378
The $64,000 question, though, is: How come the “parents” aren't being charged with medical neglect, child endangerment, SOMETHING? There is no valid reason for a 12-year-old chyld to weigh 240 POUNDS, and she sure didn't get that way overnight! (The Big Mac thing is criminal negligence too, at the very least!)

That's a good question. Isn't it great that parents can harm their kids with consumables (drinking while pregnant or giving your kid Big Macs every fucking day) and it's not considered abuse? Fatten them up and give them diabetes and clog their arteries before they get their first pube and it's A-OK! I guess if they aren't knocking their kids' teeth out with a baseball bat, it's not abuse.

Barring any sort of legitimate doctor-diagnosed medical condition or prescribed medications that cause uncontrollable weight gain, there is no reason at all for a 12-year-old to weigh that much. There's no reason for one to weigh half that amount! I think the average 12-year-old should be around 90-100ish pounds?

This girl didn't get to be the size of a house all on her own. Her family fed her crap food for a long time to get her to that weight. They're the reason she was so fat, they're the reason she needed surgery for weight-related complications, and their malignant indulgence of her appetite on the heels of major throat surgery is what led to her death. She didn't need to die, and instead of accepting that they killed her, her family decided to keep her remains alive for several years to feel better about themselves.
July 31, 2018
"Barring any sort of legitimate doctor-diagnosed medical condition or prescribed medications that cause uncontrollable weight gain, there is no reason at all for a 12-year-old to weigh that much. There's no reason for one to weigh half that amount! I think the average 12-year-old should be around 90-100ish pounds?"

That's my problem with the TV show, This is Us. I tried watching an episode, but gave up when they showed a childhood flashback with the daughter portrayed by a child actress who must weigh at least 200 pounds at the age of nine. Everyone else in the family is slender to average, but the one child is a pocket whale. You just don't get that fat without years of overeating. Was I supposed to think the parents were child abusers?
August 08, 2018
cfdavep
https://www.yahoo.com/news/funeral-honors-california-girl-declared-dead-twice-191847312.html

I guess it is not over for the docs. Moo is suing now. The sprog was in some hospital that doesn't recognize brain death as death, must be some type of Christian hospital. They REALLY need to legally end that, due to the cost of a case like this or make the religious organizations pay

Oh FFS! hitting head against a brick wall! Really, these pieces of bull shitting need to seriously be charged or at least committed. Isn't it amazing how it's not or ever been for McCorpsy, but rather all about the wants of Mamma-McBessie!

Just let the corpse decompose and 'effing move on! Nope, more grief-whoring at its worse.

These scumbags make me sick!
August 08, 2018
nokidsandhappy
cfdavep

Oh FFS! hitting head against a brick wall! Really, these pieces of bull shitting need to seriously be charged or at least committed. Isn't it amazing how it's not or ever been for McCorpsy, but rather all about the wants of Mamma-McBessie!

Just let the corpse decompose and 'effing move on! Nope, more grief-whoring at its worse.

These scumbags make me sick!

Yes, and the very fact that they were the ones who fed Jahi the fatal cheeseburger, they should just mooooove along with their lives before someone starts to question this whole thing. Let sleeping corpses lie, people!
September 23, 2019
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I thought of an angle no one seems to have mentioned. Maybe someone here has the answer.

The McMath case has been discussed in bioethics blogs and forums, particularly by Wesley Smith, who has been fighting what he calls the culture of death pervasive in modern medicine. He has said the evidence in favor of the girl being "alive" has really raised his eyebrows. So there are some who did rally to the family's side.

I have known of tragic cases of children who stayed comatose for years after an accident or abuse. In those cases the body continued to develop and age into adulthood normally.

Now here's the angle I thought of that might answer whether Jahi McMath was truly brain-dead. I think I know the answer, but want to see if any of you saw anyone reporting about her case mention it.

Jahi was 13 years old when she was first declared dead in 2013. In 2018 at her final declaration of death she was 17. Did her body continue to develop/age during those 4-1/2 years as a normal teen's would have, or was her body "frozen in time" at age 13 during those years?

I suspect her body stopped developing in 2013. That would confirm brain death, meaning she was dead all that time. But am I wrong?
September 23, 2019
I recall a couple articles mentioning that she began menstruating while hospitalized when she hadn't been prior to her surgery. I suppose that could have just been Moo lying out her ass to convince people that the girl was still alive, but if that was actually true, I also wonder if it's possible for a body to develop physically when the brain is dead. I'm not sure to what extent the brain has a say in hormone production, and I especially wonder because she wasn't just comatose - she was dead.

With machines making her body from the neck down function, would that be enough to allow her to continue growing and maturing physically? Does brain death stop hormones from flowing into an artificially sustained corpse? The machines were carrying out all the metabolic processes for her, so I think it's possible her body was continuing to grow while her brain had shut off. From a scientific, biological and medical standpoint, it's pretty interesting. From all others, it's pretty disturbing.

Maybe the folks who know more about medicine can chime in because I'm curious about this too.
September 24, 2019
Cambion, age 13+ is late these days for girls to hit menarche (the first period). I'll bet she was menstruating for some time before the original incident. So, no, I don't believe the moo on that. Even if the moo wasn't fibbing, bleeding does not necessary mean a period. As the body degraded, bleeding could have started for other reasons.

You can probably see where I stand on this one, meaning I think Jahi McMath was a cadaver on life support during those 4-1/2 years. In another thread here there were links to photos soon after all this started that showed gruesome evidence of tissue death on her hands, that is, the beginning of decomposition. But there are still questions that we need answered.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login