Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simplify your life so you can spend time with your kids

Ugh I just saw two nauseating commercials. The gist of both commercials was that you should get their apps because they simplify your life, and of course, having more time is only important if you spend your extra time watching brats. Because you know, CF people don’t mind spending extra time doing things, and there are no more fulfilling things than raising brats. :eyeroll

The first was for Walgreens I think. It shows an older gentlemen trying to focus his camera on the barcode of a prescription bottle. The man gets almost knocked down by two toddler aged brats running past. The man follows them into the rest of the house smiling, then picks one up and hugs him. Because of course, getting interrupted by two brats while you’re on your phone is a touching moment:

The next one was a guy using the citi bank app. The guy does something than dramatically walks into the next room, lifting his legs up. As he leaves the room you see a she-brat and a he-brat one each of his legs. The man is of course, grinning like an idiot because being weighed down by unruly beasts is hilarious. :eyeroll If a chyld clung to my leg, I’d be tempted to whack it upside the head with a skillet.

Disgusting. Two breederific commericals in an hour. Glad that will never be my life.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: Simplify your life so you can spend time with your kids
March 24, 2018
Kids are shoehorned into virtually every single commercial I see . And never are the brats acting right either. The one shoehorn is for some windshield replacement app. Why you need an app for this I don't know, the need for this service should be once in a lifetime. So calling a phone number and talking to a dispatcher shouldn't be so hard for this event. One is a senior citizen and once is a young moo. Of course moo needs this app because you can't waste precious brat time fixing your windshield. So she uses said app so the windshield can be replaced while she's at kids sports game at park. (some how all sports for kids are the be all end all of social activities for people) The senior is seen getting getting windshield fixed quickly so he can spend more fun time w/ the grandkids. Not taking his senior citizen wife out to a movie or play or concert, everything is about the brats.

Actually, when youre stuck watching live TV that youre not DVRing, count the seconds (usually just 1 or 2) before there's a brat on the screen or someone says" as a Mom" . It literally doesnt have to be a product about brats or family or anything. But it is shoehorned into everything. "As a mom, I buy Trojan condoms, because I know it's important to little Casey here that he doesn't get another sibling as he doesnt want to share his toys or his room, so I stock up by the case!"
March 24, 2018
You'd think they'd try to pound in a Kodak moment or two instead of wincing bratty behavior but apparently it is what sells to some. Are Kodak moments so rare now that advertising has given up hawking the special memories?

And the whole dragging grandparents into it works too, I know of lots of over involved grandparents who can't or won't say no to their grand kids. They'll bitch about the grand kids being so needy but instead of saying no they will give into every whim. Grand brats really want their grandparents to try the local Chinese restaurant: read they want the grandparents to take them to the restaurant and pay for their meal. They'll travel 8 hours in a car to see a play a grand brat is in which is over the top but I'd guess that is a mild example. Positive there are grandparents out there shelling out $1,000s of dollars for birthday parties or needless junk their grand brats convince them they need. Smart phones or whatever a five year old is convinced they "need". They teach their grand kids to beg or manipulate to get what they want instead of working for it. Reality is going to hit the spoiled and coddled especially hard.

Kind of surprised the advertisers aren't trying to dial into the childfree demographic but maybe they are. Cut the cable cord when I left for school and definitely do not miss advertising and the cringe worthy brat appearances.
March 24, 2018
cfuter
Actually, when youre stuck watching live TV that youre not DVRing, count the seconds (usually just 1 or 2) before there's a brat on the screen or someone says" as a Mom" . It literally doesnt have to be a product about brats or family or anything. But it is shoehorned into everything. "As a mom, I buy Trojan condoms, because I know it's important to little Casey here that he doesn't get another sibling as he doesnt want to share his toys or his room, so I stock up by the case!"

Can't help but think there is a VERY large customer base of moms who look to shopping or indulging in unhealthy habits as an escape from reality. And there are numerous news stories about various demographics that are angry that they aren't acknowledged in advertising because how dare they not be shilled to properly! bawling bemused eye roll
March 24, 2018
I especially love that the grandpa in the previously mentioned drug store ad, LEAVES HIS MEDS ON THE TABLE where the brats could easily get them! Such love.
March 25, 2018
freya
cfuter

Can't help but think there is a VERY large customer base of moms who look to shopping or indulging in unhealthy habits as an escape from reality. And there are numerous news stories about various demographics that are angry that they aren't acknowledged in advertising because how dare they not be shilled to properly! bawling bemused eye roll

In the past, I have contacted a number of manufacturers of products that I consume when their marketing has been unnecessarily focused on breeders or sprogs and ignore anyone else who purchases their products.

It is especially galling to me when they have contests and prizes that entirely focus on breeder needs when their product is for the general population.
March 25, 2018
Just in my own family, the grandbrats of my aunt and uncle were incapable of asking for anything. It was grandbrat's parents that constantly asked for (and got) whatever they needed. They didn't even have to invoke "for the children", it was understood. I'm talking when Duh's truck broke down, another truck appeared. Don't get me started on my aunt & uncle always being available for babysitting.using a flamethrower
March 27, 2018
freya
cfuter

Yes, but that means they only see themselves "as a mom" and not a woman w/ other interest and needs.......to be shilled to.
March 27, 2018
cassia
freya
cfuter

In the past, I have contacted a number of manufacturers of products that I consume when their marketing has been unnecessarily focused on breeders or sprogs and ignore anyone else who purchases their products.

It is especially galling to me when they have contests and prizes that entirely focus on breeder needs when their product is for the general population.

I wont buy AngelSoft T.P. anymore, now that I noticed and we talked about it here, how breederific their ads are. I mean, everyone uses toilet paper, not just sprogs and their zoombie parunts. I wont buy Bounty Basic paper towels becuz the pic of the disgustingly messy baby on the package. I dont care if it is the cheapest or not. The companies are losing out not going after my demographic I guess.
March 27, 2018
cfuter
cassia
freya
cfuter

I wont buy AngelSoft T.P. anymore, now that I noticed and we talked about it here, how breederific their ads are. I mean, everyone uses toilet paper, not just sprogs and their zoombie parunts. I wont buy Bounty Basic paper towels becuz the pic of the disgustingly messy baby on the package. I dont care if it is the cheapest or not. The companies are losing out not going after my demographic I guess.

Yes, they are. Unfortunately, the majority of people out there are breeders, so they likely won't miss our business. I usually avoid products that cater to breeders because I feel a bit annoyed at how they target them in ads that don't really have much to do with breeding at all. They just love to slip brats in as many commercials as they can, because they know most of their customers are defeated by the complexity of a condom.
March 28, 2018
cfuter
Thanks for the list! Adding these to the "do not buy" list.
March 28, 2018
My reaction to breederific ads is to clip my cable cord, then add adblockers to my browser. I'm pretty insulated against these ads.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 28, 2018
my most hated ads are the birth control ads, because the women are either already a mombie and say things like, "another kid? not right now!" or she's shown with a man and says something like "right now it's just the 2 of us." i have never seen an ad that shows a third woman saying "kids just aren't for me" or whatever. because birth control is just postponing the inevitable, evidently.
March 28, 2018
myrna minkoff
my most hated ads are the birth control ads, because the women are either already a mombie and say things like, "another kid? not right now!" or she's shown with a man and says something like "right now it's just the 2 of us." i have never seen an ad that shows a third woman saying "kids just aren't for me" or whatever. because birth control is just postponing the inevitable, evidently.

They're pitching to the LOWEST common denominator, and CF aren't that.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 20, 2018
Now I'm not buying Advil PM, as noted above, it only takes 1-2 secs to squeeze the words "single mom/dad" into an ad. This ad is no exception. First sentence is, "It's hard to take it easy as a single dad" And shows some young handsome dad holding his back before bed. Of course he wakes up happy, so he can have a fun day w/ sprog.

Also not going to Panda Express. Dad and kid eating shrimp at a mall in front of Panda express. Honestly, no commercial ever shows a mom AND dad, or two adult males or two adult females, or god forbid a couple going on some kind of date. Every single ad is wrapped up in parenting and only single parenting. I dont know how ad agencies can only think one idea constantly, kids kids kids w/ one parent. I guess they feel it is relatable, but really there are SOME two parent homes out there, and they spend money too.
April 21, 2018
cfuter

Also not going to Panda Express. Dad and kid eating shrimp at a mall in front of Panda express. Honestly, no commercial ever shows a mom AND dad, or two adult males or two adult females, or god forbid a couple going on some kind of date. Every single ad is wrapped up in parenting and only single parenting. I dont know how ad agencies can only think one idea constantly, kids kids kids w/ one parent. I guess they feel it is relatable, but really there are SOME two parent homes out there, and they spend money too.

Cheerios had a mixed race couple with a sprog (or was it two)? That cereal company caught a lot of shit for that. So did Campbells soup when they showed a gay couple and their sprog eating soup.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 21, 2018
craftyzits
cfuter

Cheerios had a mixed race couple with a sprog (or was it two)? That cereal company caught a lot of shit for that. So did Campbells soup when they showed a gay couple and their sprog eating soup.

Well, I guess they will only show a two parent home when they have another agenda to serve us all, to pander to more groups. I also tend not to buy from companies that do this either. While I dont care how these groups of people live their lives, I feel the companies are virtue signaling when they do that.
April 21, 2018
cfuter
craftyzits
cfuter

Well, I guess they will only show a two parent home when they have another agenda to serve us all, to pander to more groups. I also tend not to buy from companies that do this either. While I dont care how these groups of people live their lives, I feel the companies are virtue signaling when they do that.

This sort of thing is not something I deal with as I dwell almost exclusively on the Internet. My browser has an ad blocker installed. Being a near shut in, I am also not exposed to other people's media blaring commercials, and I certainly don't do TV. These companies are trying to sell a product, some more cynically than others. I just roll eyeballs and move on.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
June 06, 2018
The latest ads I have witnessed that shoe-horn kids into the ad w/o regard to the actually product:

Now, the only reason to get your teeth fixed is .....becuz painful teeth problems are too distracting and make you a bad dad, cuz you can't really enjoy their basketball games, etc.....I saw this ad for SmileDenistry or something like that

The only reason you should get a whooping cough shot is .....becuz you can give whooping cough to your newborn grandchildren......this was for the pharma ad for the shot for whooping cough. Fuck the actual grandparent if they get whooping cough themselves...the kids are more important!

The only reason to get the meds for your Chron's disease is......so you're not late or distracted from picking up your kid(bi-racial...very woke!) and you can be in the moment while entertaining them and not worried about going to the bathroom all the time.

And, we all seen the Debt Stoppers ad, where a moo who said that Debt was stressing her out and this made her a distracted and bad mom...

God forbid you just seek this stuff out FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU NEED IT, but ya gotta do it for da chyyylldreeennn.
June 06, 2018
http://us.gsk.com/en-us/behind-the-science/patients-and-consumers/whooping-cough-confronting-the-hidden-risk-to-infants/

There is this ad about 4 pics down about grandmoo with a wolf's head holding baybee and is a threat to the sprog.
June 06, 2018
I've simplified my life so I can spend time with my birds.
June 06, 2018
I'm increasingly annoyed by websites and ads that contain gratuitous kid pictures when brats have NOTHING to do with the product.

Like the main page of a VPN software product with a picture of two girl sprogs. What the Hell do sprogs have to do with VPN software?

Today I went to schedule my mammogram. The website had pictures of women with baybees. Um, last I checked, babies don't need mammograms. I'm assuming the message is: Be sure and schedule your mammogram and take care of your health because kids. Because all women have kids, ya know?

rusty chainsaw
June 06, 2018
Being child free is correlated with higher education levels, incomes and IQs, so I don’t blame advertisers for not bothering. Smart people make more rational buying decisions. Also, people who have rejected the lifescript are, I would imagine, not going to become loyal to a brand for any reason other than the product’s merit. Smarter, wealthier people also tend to have healthier lifestyles, so processed food is going to be a hard sell.

I know that it’s a waste of time to advertise anything to me. I avoid process food, wear a pair of shoes for years, clean everything with vinegar or bleach and get whatever toothpaste is on sale. For major purchases I look at reviews, not advertising. I’m guessing that a lot of CF people are the same.
June 06, 2018
happyhiker
Being child free is correlated with higher education levels, incomes and IQs, so I don’t blame advertisers for not bothering. Smart people make more rational buying decisions. Also, people who have rejected the lifescript are, I would imagine, not going to become loyal to a brand for any reason other than the product’s merit. Smarter, wealthier people also tend to have healthier lifestyles, so processed food is going to be a hard sell.

I know that it’s a waste of time to advertise anything to me. I avoid process food, wear a pair of shoes for years, clean everything with vinegar or bleach and get whatever toothpaste is on sale. For major purchases I look at reviews, not advertising. I’m guessing that a lot of CF people are the same.

I've seen some products that were known as high quality start to lose their luster due to quality standards dropping. The lifetime warranty ones are terrific, not because I want to wait 8 years and return a very used item either. It is the fact that the company stands behind their product. I bought Victorinox luggage at a discount store back in 2010 (lifetime warranty) and the luggage has survived domestic and international flights and only has a few superficial scratches. It was less than 20% of the retail price. Stores like TJ Maxx have incredible deals on luggage, you just have to have the patience to drop by every few weeks and scan their inventory. I found mine right before the holidays. I was warned international flights will destroy cheaper luggage.

I agree with you completely happyhiker on avoiding process food and wearing shoes for years. I also buy most clothing (RealReal), furniture (craigslist), etc. used. There are some great options out there where you can have nice things at about 80% off of retail. I also read reviews before buying pretty much anything that I want to last more than a month. The child free definitely are not the target market for theme parks or weekend getaways either. Sure, we like vacations but we aren't getting away from brats.

It is a bit off topic but how do you get glass clean and streak free? Tried a vinegar/water combo and while I love the smell and how non-toxic it is it leaves the glass very streaked.
June 06, 2018
craftyzits
This sort of thing is not something I deal with as I dwell almost exclusively on the Internet. My browser has an ad blocker installed. Being a near shut in, I am also not exposed to other people's media blaring commercials, and I certainly don't do TV. These companies are trying to sell a product, some more cynically than others. I just roll eyeballs and move on.

This is a great, annoying-free way to exist craftyzits. Exposure (if at all) on your terms.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login