Pro-choicers who want to reduce or end abortion with better childcare
April 04, 2018
"This is manifested in cuts for education, child care, living wages, job training, pre-natal care, family healthcare and on and on and on"
That is from a pro-choice comment responding to a Republican nut case in Idaho who publically stated that women who abort need to get the death penalty.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/122db21b-f1e4-3c4c-8946-4ae2b83bc678/ss_death-penalty-for-women.html

I think many pro-choicers are just pro-liars in waiting who feel that abortion could go the way of the do-do bird, if only we had a more leftist world of $20/hour for working Mickydees, free onsite sprog care everywhere, free job training, universal healthcare, and endless welfare, then all these women would happily birth their birth control failures and enjoy these advantages while the invisible CF help out paying for it and covering their asses. The concept of just not wanting the kid is non-existent to them.

I actually have a breeder relative who told me years ago that if things like this were in place then women would not be aborting and he identifed as liberal pro-choice, but only because society made raising a kid so hard.
Quoting from the article about the wingnut in question:

But just hours later, the Republican said the punishment should be focused on the person performing the abortion rather than the woman.
“Let me be clear – I have always been a pro-life supporter. That means classifying abortion as murder. Since abortion is murder, I believe we should consider penalties for individuals involved in these procedures,” Nonini said in a statement.

“However, it is my understanding that in the history of the United States, long before [Roe v. Wade] was foisted upon this country; no woman has ever been prosecuted for undergoing abortion. That is for practical reasons, as well as for reasons of compassion,” he continued.
“Prosecutions have always been focused on the abortionist. There is no way a woman would go to jail let alone face the death penalty. The statute alone, the threat of prosecution, would dramatically reduce abortion. That is my goal.”

The guy expressed his intention the first time, before someone got to him so he could correct himself and give the standard pro-liar line: Oh we would never! think of prosecuting women.

Of course they would. What exactly happens after a LAW is passed making abortion illegal? Law enforcement could criminally investigate women who had miscarriages. If you had a miscarriage and someone suspected that you aborted with herbs, you could be compelled to give a blood test. Flushing your clump before it can be determined whether it was a spontaneous abortion or a man made one could get you charged for obstruction of justice. Doctors would be required to report why a pregnancy didn't end with a baybee. There are women out there who have multiple miscarriages, and they would be automatically suspect.

Forced medical examinations, loss of privacy, getting one's medical records subpoenaed, it would be a Fundie dream come true.

And cfdavep, your relative is a moron.
Re: Pro-choicers who want to reduce or end abortion with better childcare
April 04, 2018
What is next? Forced urine analysis monthly testing for any female who has a period to make sure we are "clean?" And who is going to foot that bill and enforce the testing?
bell_flower
Quoting from the article about the wingnut in question:

But just hours later, the Republican said the punishment should be focused on the person performing the abortion rather than the woman.
“Let me be clear – I have always been a pro-life supporter. That means classifying abortion as murder. Since abortion is murder, I believe we should consider penalties for individuals involved in these procedures,” Nonini said in a statement.

“However, it is my understanding that in the history of the United States, long before [Roe v. Wade] was foisted upon this country; no woman has ever been prosecuted for undergoing abortion. That is for practical reasons, as well as for reasons of compassion,” he continued.
“Prosecutions have always been focused on the abortionist. There is no way a woman would go to jail let alone face the death penalty. The statute alone, the threat of prosecution, would dramatically reduce abortion. That is my goal.”
Of course they would. What exactly happens after a LAW is passed making abortion illegal? Law enforcement could criminally investigate women who had miscarriages. If you had a miscarriage and someone suspected that you aborted with herbs, you could be compelled to give a blood test. Flushing your clump before it can be determined whether it was a spontaneous abortion or a man made one could get you charged for obstruction of justice. Doctors would be required to report why a pregnancy didn't end with a baybee. There are women out there who have multiple miscarriages, and they would be automatically suspect.

This is the state of affairs currently in El Salvador, Costa Rica, Honduras, and, IIRC, Nicaragua. There are women in prison in these countries doing 30 year sentences because they had a spontaneous miscarriage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login