Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"I'm not having children because I want to save the planet"

Posted by yurble 
"I'm not having children because I want to save the planet"
April 12, 2018
Just a short video with a woman who once thought she had to have children, figured out she wasn't really keen on it, and is now promoting not having children for environmental reasons.
Re: "I'm not having children because I want to save the planet"
April 20, 2018
Duh

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 20, 2018
There are many reasons that I chose to never have children.
The environment is one of those reasons, but far from the only one.
April 21, 2018
Some years ago the media reported on one British woman, Toni Vernelli, who had had an abortion and later had a sterilization to save the planet. The usual suspects went berzerk over her decisions. But it's hard to disagree with her reasoning when so many problems on Earth are the result of too many people. Too bad more don't do so. Think of that other thread discussing the parents who just had child No. 14...
April 22, 2018
She does stop short of saying that people should be spayed or neutered.
April 23, 2018
mr. neptune
She does stop short of saying that people should be spayed or neutered.

Probably because it would bring out a lynch mob.

Generally I am in favor of individual liberty. I can't stand those people who use their religious beliefs as an excuse for telling other people what to do when it comes to purely personal decisions, like which consenting person you have sex with.

However, I think we also need to recognize the limitations of individualism, because we are all together on one planet, and my decisions do affect other people. There's a reason I'm not allowed to have a bonfire of plastic trash in my yard, and there are very few people who would argue it's my right to do it anyway, and damn the neighbors if they don't want to smell it. If you live in a drought area, your water use gets restricted for the collective good.

It should be possible to say things like that each woman should be able to have, at most, one child, because of the effect on the environment. But of course you cannot say anything remotely like that, because somehow reproduction is so fucking sacred it trumps all collective needs. Hell, an individual's "right" to reproduce even trumps the well-being of the future human thus created!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login