Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fatal Allergies

Posted by ondinette 
Fatal Allergies
April 12, 2018
Someone shames a moo in Target for letting her daughter eat a peanut butter sandwich and says "I hope no child dies from that peanut butter".

Since when did allergies get fatal?

And I don't think it's moo's responsibility to worry about someone else's kids allergies.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-shamed-letting-child-eat-164644484.html
Re: Fatal Allergies
April 12, 2018
If this were a parallel universe and I was the moo in question my reply would be "It is cashew butter, bitch."
April 13, 2018
hell,now our local library has a sign on the main door saying "no peanuts allowed"!
April 13, 2018
I do have allergies. I wish that in general, people would be more considerate about what they do in public places. There is no reason to feed a child a sandwich inside Target (seriously, it's just rude to eat inside a store, unless you are in danger of a diabetic coma or you've been offered a food sample), just as there's no need to douse yourself in perfume before going to the office, or to bring your pet dog in to the grocery store. People who have medical conditions (allergies) don't exactly have a choice about them, nor do they have the choice of avoiding all public venues. You learn to carry your medicine with you at all times, but it would still be nice if people would be somewhat more considerate of airborne allergies.

On the other hand, it is ridiculous to police everything people do, in their own time. If the child had been fed a peanut butter sandwich at home, and had some smear of it on her clothing, I guarantee that woman would have complained about it, and that would have been ridiculous. She was also complaining about a hypothetical situation, so the tone was entirely inappropriate - if you want to change someone's mind, and there isn't an immediate danger, try being polite.
April 13, 2018
My brother has a peanut allergy and I remember that he used to deliberately eat peanuts or peanut butter to bring on a reaction so he could get out of doing chores. When he was a bit older, he knew to eat just enough to make him sick enough to get out of doing things. I remember there being one genuine time when he was younger that he ate Nutter Butters (or something) at a friend's house and got sick and my parents brought him to the ER, but there were a few other occasions that were very likely self induced because they happened to be on days that he had to clean or mow the lawn. It was a stupid thing to do, but I guess he was that desperate to get out of doing chores.
April 15, 2018
ondinette
Someone shames a moo in Target for letting her daughter eat a peanut butter sandwich and says "I hope no child dies from that peanut butter".

Since when did allergies get fatal?

And I don't think it's moo's responsibility to worry about someone else's kids allergies.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-shamed-letting-child-eat-164644484.html

Lately we've a very large number of fatal allergies. It is so bad that schools are disallowing peanut butter all together.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 16, 2018
There's a school district near my job where one teacher has such a severe citrus allergy that kids are not allowed to bring an orange for lunch.

True story...adults get food allergies too! So typical breederbrain does not think how tragic it would be if another Target customer that suffered from severe allergies came in contact with the peanut butter. It would only matter if it were a child.
April 19, 2018
There are certain scents that give me migraines, but I don't expect the rest of the world to stop wearing perfume or cologne because they're supposed to predict that they might run into me and it might affect me. I'll be the first to say that we should always consider how our actions may affect others, but wtf, there have to be limits.
April 21, 2018
I developed an allergy to cinnamon when I was about 17 or so. I used chew Big Red gum back then and one day I started noticing that I would get an itchy nose and throat when I chewed the gum or ate anything with cinnamon in it. I get a reaction if I smell it in air fresheners or in baked goods, even the smallest trace. I don't get a severe reaction to it, just more like an itchy/burny/numb feeling.

I didn't realize until then that people can develop allergies later in life, I had thought it was something you had since childhood.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login