Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Infuriating video over at TruMawm confessions

Posted by bell_flower 
Infuriating video over at TruMawm confessions
April 15, 2018
I'm not going to post a direct link because we don't need the trackback, but on the front page of the site there is a video about the "toughest job in the world." The premise is that somebody put an on-line ad up for an "operations director" and then interviewed candidates and described the job to them.

Of course, they are describing the job of Mawm and it's a 135 a week job with "no breaks" and one is on his/her feet "all day" and it's very strenuous and you cannot even stop to eat until "The Associate" has eaten first and you have to have expertise in Finance and negotiation and the culinary arts (because preparing basic meals is so haaaaaaaaard.) playing a violin

I didn't last past a minute or so because it was too infuriating.

I get it that parenting is often a thankless job, but presumably people are doing it because THEY WANT TO DO IT. Many things in life are hard and probably harder: managing adults, you know people with minds of their own? managing projects, going to medical school, fighting wars, getting an education, figuring out technical problems, staying employed working at a job where there are PERFORMANCE STANDARDS, the likes of which doesn't exist when one is working a voluntary occupation at home.

I get so tired of the self-congratulatory crap.
Re: Infuriating video over at TruMawm confessions
April 15, 2018
bell_flower

I get it that parenting is often a thankless job, but presumably people are doing it because THEY WANT TO DO IT.

It looks like a job that is often mundane and thankless, and from what I see in public, there's no evidence of the job being misrepresented in any way.

For whatever reason, most people it seems think otherwise. I don't advertise my childfree outlook, but when asked I simply say I wouldn't make for a good parent and I don't desire to have children. This usually leads to even more intrusive questions, and if prompted I'll indicate that it is usually a thankless job, on a volunteer basis.
April 15, 2018
Oh, tee-hee. two faces puking

If they want to pretend it is a job, why don't they let people apply for the following advertisement, while it isn't too late to get an abortion:

Wanted: a (non-sexual) masochist
  • To clean up the bodily discharges of other people, without any sort of hazmat protection
  • To assist your clients with basic functions, such as eating, washing, and defecating
  • To be on call, 24/7
  • You cannot quit the job for 18 years, under penalty of imprisonment
  • To be yelled at and possibly hit by your clients
  • To clean up after your clients, who are very messy
  • To perform all of the above in your own home and vehicle, with no compensation for any damages caused by clients
  • Compensation consisting of sticky kisses from unsanitary people
  • To spend your own money feeding, clothing, and entertaining your clients

I mean, who isn't dying to do it, when you put it like it really is, instead of that "chef" and "executive" and "financial planner" bullshit?
April 15, 2018
A majority of those things listed are also part of a job for a senior citizen caretaker. But then, the adult kids only want to pay those people 13-15 dollars an hour, from what I can see on the ads on TV for caretaker finder dot com. And they never label it as the most important job in the world.
April 15, 2018
cfuter
A majority of those things listed are also part of a job for a senior citizen caretaker. But then, the adult kids only want to pay those people 13-15 dollars an hour, from what I can see on the ads on TV for caretaker finder dot com. And they never label it as the most important job in the world.

At least senior caretakers receive a salary and aren't expected to pay for everything the job requires, or to perform it in their own homes, with no option of quitting. Or to do it 24/7. Being a senior caretaker sounds like far more fun than breeding, and it's not even remotely something I want to do.

And, from the way breeders ask us about who is going to wipe our asses when we're old, it seems to be exactly the career they dream of for their children.
April 15, 2018
My husband is burned out and looking at retirement options for the near future. I'm studying and taking care of EVERYTHING else, including things for him, because he is so physically and mentally exhausted from his stressful work situation, I can't bear to add more to his already overloaded day. He's up on top of ladders, painting, walking on roofs, dealing with floods, fires, etc. He's also older, and wants to explore doing something else after retirement.

The moos he works with don't know WTF they're doing there. They fail to be able to make the simplest of decisions, have him running back and forth like a fool, and are inherently lazy. These moos are the working moos.

Last week was extremely busy and stressful for the both of us, and last night one of my fillings came out. I'm terrified of dentists, but I finally have to go after 15 years of avoidance. It was the straw that broke my back, so to speak.

We haven't had a holiday once since we got married, and we are both tired. I'm not the sort to sit around and eat bonbons watching soaps all day. I have a house to run, an exhausted husband to care for, appointments to keep, meals to cook, pets to care for, bills to pay, studies to continue, etc. I go to bed at night and pass out with tiredness. My husband is usually right behind me, in bed. We usually fall asleep around 7:00 pm, and then we wake up at 5:30 am and it starts all over again.

Moos may think they corner the market on doing everything, but really, it's just an added burden. They are NOT financial planners, chefs or whatever. That is an INSULT to people who work at these jobs every day and get paid for them. Moos are jacks-of-all-trades because they have a thankless burden and have NO choice but to take responsibility. They also have a little bit of knowledge of things, most of which I would have no interest in. Diaper blowouts? Don't wanna know. Wouldn't know how to deal with one, and I never have. Heating chicken nuggets in a microwave? I always have nutritious, healthy and delicious meals on the table, and I don't DARE call myself a chef.

This is the delusion that they have about themselves, and they want to spread it to the rest of us so we believe it, too.
April 17, 2018
cfuter

So very much THIS.

bell_flower
I get it that parenting is often a thankless job, but presumably people are doing it because THEY WANT TO DO IT.

Yup. I know you said you didn't watch the whole video, but my guess would be that it didn't end with them saying, "But this job will be so rewarding and fulfilling that you won't even want a salary; you'll do it for free, you'll keep adding on Associates, and it will ALL be WORTH it...." eye rolling smiley
April 17, 2018
After watching the bad acting in the video (of course, no one in the video interviewing thinks the job description is reasonable and they state this because that is what their scripts say to do) then it ends with more bad acting where the interviewees are all told the job description is for a mother. They all get those "wow, I don't appreciate everything moos do" look on their face because that is what they were hired to do. It is as if they all hatched out of an egg at 18 and have zero awareness of all of the drudge work moos do. Note that the actors are all about the same age, also intentional.

Reality is that if someone asks most real people to do a bunch of unrealistic stuff in a job interview (such as be on call 24 hours a day) we are going to smile and not object. We just won't accept the job, if offered. This smacks of breeder pleasing video made for upcoming moo day, because they would all be paid $150,000 for raising brats if the world was a fair place, don't ya know? Breeding is equal to going to med school is another argument we've seen recently.

Who are they trying to fool with this anyway, the adults who still think Santa Claus exists?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login