Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#406 school district story

Posted by guest 
#406 school district story
July 26, 2005
Oh, wow, if that had happened in the school district in the town where I used to work, the parents would be calling for somebody's head. They'd probably get it, too. In the district I'm talking about, trustees had to decide whether to close an elementary school to prevent more cuts at the middle and high school level. The vote was 3-2 to close the school that would save the district the most money. People were wailing. Parents put up signs over town saying the decision was racist. I thought that was kinda funny, because this town is very white-bred and full of Dubya supporters.

Here's the sad part. I found out that the parunts are calling for the head of the trustee that was the swing vote. They wanted to have her recalled. The excuse sounds fishy, but I'm sure it's because of the way she voted on the school closure deal. Never mind that the trustee was a mother of five who sent ALL of her kids to the school she voted to have closed. It's purely a revenge move.

Just send your kids to a different school! They'll live. (All the schools in this town are really good, BTW)
You'd think someone voted to amputate their kids' arms instead of closing a school. Yeah, it's sad that your kid has to be in a new environment and try to make new friends. But you know what? That's life!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.