Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Co-parent terminology

Posted by cfuter 
Co-parent terminology
April 16, 2018
I guess it is better than "baby dahdie" and "baby momma" but this term is starting to irritate me. I'm guessing this has taken over since so many kids are raised in two different households. Because my mom would never call my dad a co-parent, just a father or a parent. If they ever got divorced, I imagine she would still call him parent and her ex-husband. But no one bothers to marry their "co-parent" anymore (which is their prerogative), so that is going by the wayside also.
Re: Co-parent terminology
April 16, 2018
It is redundant just like baby dahdie or baby momma.
What is next, female woman? Male man?
A warning label on ice cream that it is cold?
The middle of the night is dark and black?
The sun is bright and sunny?
April 17, 2018
freya
It is redundant just like baby dahdie or baby momma.
What is next, female woman? Male man?
A warning label on ice cream that it is cold?
The middle of the night is dark and black?
The sun is bright and sunny?

good point. (I also say that single parent is unnecessary since more parents are single than not these days, it is the norm, not the exception to the norm)
April 18, 2018
Wtf is wrong with just "parent"? Isn't being a parent the most important "job" in the world? Wouldn't you be proud to claim the title of "parent" no matter the circumstances?

To me, "single parent" means the moo or duh is seeking praise and attention for being responsible enough to keep raising the child they decided to bring into the world even though the other parent bailed. Referring to an ex as a "co-parent" sounds like the speaker is trying to lessen the contribution of the other parent. "I'm the REAL parent, ex is just an assistant parent."
April 18, 2018
kittehpeoples
Wtf is wrong with just "parent"? Isn't being a parent the most important "job" in the world? Wouldn't you be proud to claim the title of "parent" no matter the circumstances?

Maybe it is the measly two syllables that make them think they need to find a way to insert more syllables and therefore more importance and dignity?

Sales is now Marketing Executive. Executive in general is a biggee and no longer holds any cache because of it, so on to the next one! Secretary is now Administrative Assistant. Dating around/unattached is now poly amorous plus 15 other adjectives describing a complexity no one cares about. So on and so forth. Big titles make insecure people feel important and dignified!
April 28, 2018
Another new dumb term is -

:"Tiny humans" or "Littles" for kids. Enough with being twee and cutesy! Every time I hear "tiny humans", I vomit in my mouth. eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley
April 28, 2018
artchick62

:"Tiny humans" or "Littles" for kids. Enough with being twee and cutesy! Every time I hear "tiny humans", I vomit in my mouth. eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley
Don't forget 'Wee ones' or 'Nuggets!' thumbs up
May 02, 2018
nightfire
artchick62

Don't forget 'Wee ones' or 'Nuggets!' thumbs up

"Crotch fruit" and "life ruiners."
May 03, 2018
or the ultra-polite "Cum Trophy"
May 06, 2018
When I hear either "wee ones" or "littles," I think of Robin Williams' Mrs. Doubtfire character.
May 07, 2018
Crotch fruit and fuck trophy are all glamorous until they get into teen years. Nobody says much of anything at that point. Some report heavy drinking but most just get shitfaced as a way to deal with reality and don't say much of anything else.

https://www.childtrends.org/indicators/heavy-drinking-among-parents/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login