Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Toadler on life support in England

Posted by cfdavep 
Toadler on life support in England
April 18, 2018
https://www.thelocal.it/20180418/pope-francis-terminally-ill-british-toddler-alfie-evans

I guess the toadler is brain dead or is terminal. The pope is hollering about keeping him on support which is no suprise with the pope but apparently the sprog has a lot of social media support to keep him on. I guess the taxpayers in Britian should pay to keep every lost cause on life support if it is a sprog. Some people have no concept of limited resources
Re: Toadler on life support in England
April 18, 2018
I'm in Liverpool so all I can see on my newsfeed and the news in general is this kid and his attention-seeking parents, who are more interested in keeping the vegetable alive to spare their own hurt peewins than they are letting the kid go with dignity.

He's brain dead, what kind of life is he gonna have? Are they gonna fight to keep him hooked up to machines until he has to be transferred to an adult hospital? Are they gonna keep this charade going until they themselves are on a deathbed? Wasting who knows how much in NHS resources that we can't afford to waste?

For me this is just like Madeline McCann - you know, the girl who was abducted while her parents were at a restaurant with their friends - thousands of kids go missing every year, why the focus on this one girl? And that still comes back to the front page whenever the parents are running low on guilt trip money despite happening in like, 2008 or some shit.

How many other kids are in the same position as Alfie? No diagnosis, no available treatment, no chance of recovering enough to have a decent life? You don't see those parents kicking up over it, or at least not to this extent.
April 18, 2018
The parents are young. They'd be smart to let this one die and then try for another, healthy child. What's the point of salvaging a brain dead child? If it lived, it would need life long care.

They can always have another child.
April 24, 2018
https://www.thelocal.it/20180424/italy-grants-citizenship-to-alfie-evans-terminally-ill-british-child

The Italians have given or are giving the Liverpool kid Italian citizenship, so he can be on the taxpayers over there.
The dumb pope sees an opportunity and is using the case as PR linking it to abortion after the duh met with the pope and "begged him to help" since the UK hospital wants him unplugged so they can move on.

"The toddler has been hospitalized continuously since December 2016, suffering from chronic seizures.

On Monday, around 200 protesters gathered outside the hospital shouting, "Save Alfie Evans". A large group then attempted to storm the entrance before being blocked by police"

That other McCorpsy kid in the US may not be just a weird one time thing, but the start of something awful.
April 24, 2018
As of last night, ventilation has been withdrawn. Apparently the kid has been breathing unaided for some 9 hours, if his duh is to be believed. I'm just sick of hearing about this all the damn time - not helped by me living in the area so the local news is even more tedious than usual.

On Facebook there's been a petition floating around asking for the Queen to intervene on Veggie's behalf; the Queen has enough going on, what with her last Corgi passing away and Kate giving birth to the second "Spare".
April 24, 2018
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/alfie-evans-parents-launch-new-legal-bid-to-save-his-life-and-let-him-fly-to-italy-as-toddler-continues-to-breathe-unaided-hours-after-his-father-said-life-support-was-withdrawn/ar-AAwhbA2?li=BBoPRmx

I guess the toddler is still hanging on and is a semi-vegetable. The 21 year old duh is insisting the comfort care is bring him back and according to him all he needs is lots of O2 and hydration and the kid is on his way to a normal life. If the kid lives I would say he will be a veggie for life and may live decades like that, but the British docs seem to think it is only a matter of time. The kid is headed to a Cat-lick hospital in Rome and may not survive the trip
April 25, 2018
I keep hearing about this kid with people whining about how the royal broodsow that is Waity Katie is taking all the limelight. Why would two 21 year olds want to keep this poor kid alive besides attention whoring and welfare?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
April 25, 2018
I guess they lost their last court battle where they demanded the kid be taken to Italy where he would be indefinately be on a ventilator for years in a Catholic Rome hospital. The UK court said "nope" The pope was claiming that a Italian military plane was sent and waiting at Heathrow to fly him for free to Italy where the kid was given Italian citizenship. I guess the parents were teens when they had him and look and act like nasty "chavs" The duh threatened the UK courts that if the kid was not allowed to head to Italy he would have his lawyer (pro-bono?) sue everyone in sight and the hospital for legally holding the kid hostage.

I wonder if the UK or Italian taxpayers would've been paying to keep the parents living in Italy where they could stare a the sprog on a ventilator all day for years, but I can't see that. I think the parents expected that and saw a private plane as their right.

Anyway the sprog is now in the dying process and it came out that he only had about 30% of his brain left, the rest of his skull being filled with fluid. The rage seems to be about entitlement and delusions taken to unimaginable heights
I wonder if the duh will shoot up the hospital after the kid dies cause it is everyone's fault but there own awful genes.
April 25, 2018
The duh is privately prosecuting 3 of the doctors for conspiracy to murder and they have been served papers. This shit has gotten way out of hand.
April 26, 2018
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/26/alfie-evans-parents-to-meet-doctors-to-discuss-taking-boy-home

I guess the duh has calmed down like a tornado has passed and is now "wanting to build a bridge" with the hospital. In other words he must've finally gotten enough of a legal threat to put him on the ground finally and his handlers behind this must've have advised him that it is a no-win legally.
April 28, 2018
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/alfie-evans-died-say-parents-14523124

And he's passed away.

Cue months of bitching and finger pointing and sappy tributes for this poor kid who got paraded around like a fucking show pony.

Some idiot is talking about nominating the parunts for the Pride of Britain awards. Are they serious? The so-called 'Alfie's Army' were protesting and picketing outside a fucking hospital where other kids were trying to recover from their illnesses and operations, abusing front line staff who had no say in the "big dogs" decisions, and generally being arseholes to anyone who disagreed with them; the parunts weren't telling them to stop or calm the fuck down, if anything they were riling them up! That's not award worthy!
April 28, 2018
And the breeders get to be martyrs-by-proxy. :eyeroll

There were people willing to "help" kidnap the kyd by terrorizing the hospital. Fuck that. Maybe in a few months this shit will blow over.
April 28, 2018
At least the kid died last night so he is free of being a political tool

“A family who can’t accept the limits of medicine — whether the parents of a small child or the relatives of an elderly patient — is the No. 1 cause of ethical conflicts today in American hospitals,” he said. “I get two or three cases such as these in my intensive care unit a month. But we usually can get the family to a point where they can accept the inevitable and make the death the least bad.”

That was from a US doctor.
April 28, 2018
And now they're releasing a shitton of balloons in his memory...as if our environment isn't already fucked up
April 29, 2018
I fucking hate balloon releases. Not only do they waste helium, which has medical uses and is non-renewable, they also create litter that is bad for wildlife. I have to say, I can see where this kid obtained his lack of a functioning brain. Clearly hereditary.
April 30, 2018
yurble
I fucking hate balloon releases. Not only do they waste helium, which has medical uses and is non-renewable, they also create litter that is bad for wildlife. I have to say, I can see where this kid obtained his lack of a functioning brain. Clearly hereditary.

I noted that in the picture of the balloon release, the balloons seem to be mylar. Mylar balloons can short-circuit electrical and phone lines if they drift onto them.
April 30, 2018
skyeyes
yurble

I noted that in the picture of the balloon release, the balloons seem to be mylar. Mylar balloons can short-circuit electrical and phone lines if they drift onto them.

But another breeder business opportunity. Generac says in their infomercials that people should spend thousands on an emergency generator that comes on by itself because you "have to protect your family from that fragile power grid" (likely caused by those balloons). I think maybe the bubble boy had a Generac back then but no one else did.

I remember having power outages in the 70s when we were kids. I know it's not safe now, but it used to be enjoy the quiet and light a candle.

Even today it's like that for me and 90 year old mom, somehow we cope without a $10,000 gas guzzler that doesn't go anywhere.
April 30, 2018
Really...in the grand scheme of things. One deceased toadler ain't gonna make a hill of beans difference on the world. There's only so much that medicine can do, and they have to accept that their kid passed away. They will probably go on and make another one anyways.
April 30, 2018
cfdavep
At least the kid died last night so he is free of being a political tool

“A family who can’t accept the limits of medicine — whether the parents of a small child or the relatives of an elderly patient — is the No. 1 cause of ethical conflicts today in American hospitals,” he said. “I get two or three cases such as these in my intensive care unit a month. But we usually can get the family to a point where they can accept the inevitable and make the death the least bad.”

That was from a US doctor.

In my mother's case, it was the fucktard doctors who wouldn't "accept the limits of medicine". She was 81, senile, and the fuckers wouldn't let her go peacefully after a massive stroke. First they used a new clot-dissolving drug (6 months later they discontinued the use of it in patients over 80 because there was no quality of life afterwards), then they revived her after her heart stopped. The result is she spent the last 3 months of her life terrified and confused in a nursing home, which was her worst nightmare.
May 01, 2018

They will probably go on and make another one anyways.

I thought the same thing. Plus, it's a genetic disorder, so get ready for Part Two.

JoJo, sorry about your mom.
May 01, 2018
Won't they be able to have only two more before the welfare cap kicks in? They did seem to be white ghetto welfare.
May 01, 2018
cfdavep
Won't they be able to have only two more before the welfare cap kicks in? They did seem to be white ghetto welfare.

Before the kid died, it came out that the parunts had been kicked out of a McDonalds because of a huge argument; supposedly the duh isn't the real duh.

Also, they're amending the two child policy so it only counts toward bio-kids - one woman kicked up a stink last year because she adopted her late sisters two kids but then had one of her own and found out that she would still be capped to two children.
September 01, 2018
*UPDATE*

The bereaved parents recently shat out another loaf. Apparently, moo found out she was pregnant in the last few weeks of the toddler's life, but didn't say anything because she "wanted to focus on Alfie".

After all the furor they kicked up and all the NHS resources they wasted, they evidently recognized that their kid wasn't gonna survive and started working on a replacement.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/alfie-evans-dads-heartache-over-13174162
September 01, 2018
"After all the furor they kicked up and all the NHS resources they wasted, they evidently recognized that their kid wasn't gonna survive and started working on a replacement."

I guess they didn't want to be welfare free for too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iB4DwtSU08

That is an ongoing documentary about life on welfare in Britain. There was one episode were this guy in his early twenties with a couple of welfare kids on the dole stated that he was supposed to become a "football star" It shows the thinking process of people born into that life. The HUGE fantasies of wealth and escape from proverty but not much practical thought, much of it from welfare parents who ignore them growing up
September 03, 2018
Forgive me if I'm harping on about this, but it happened where I live and it was every-fucking-where back then. Now they've crapped out a new loaf it's likely to happen all over again and this is the only safe place I have to rant about it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/alfie-evans-parents-agonising-wait-13185350

So they were parading the month-old loaf on This Morning - a breakfast news/lifestyle show - and talking about how they had this one tested for the illness their other kid died of. Then they were saying how Loafly is showing aspects of the other kid's personality - I'm sorry, what?

Personality?? At one month old, that kid still smells like the womb FFS! Ain't gonna be no personality there for at least another year. Unless they mean he's lying there doing nothing like the older kid was in his final days.

Don't get me wrong, it's awful that Alfie died of a brain disease, but his parents were dragging it out and causing all kinds of murder over having the life support switched off; the so called "Alfie's Army" were abusing hospital staff and having protests outside a CHILDREN'S hospital. Now, barely four months after he died, they have a replacement.

One person in the comments points out that they must have been making another baby while their older kid was dying, and how sex should have been the last thing on their mind. It's not a popular sentiment, as another poster called them a 'judgmental prat".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login