Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

They "can't imagine not doing this"

Posted by cfdavep 
They "can't imagine not doing this"
April 19, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/family-welcomes-14th-son-cant-imagine-not-doing-194004653--abc-news-parenting.html

I thought it was one of those huge adoption stories, but nope they are all their own. The commenters are disgusted with them. After 8 of them how would the husband know he was even "in there" Ewww
Re: They "can't imagine not doing this"
April 19, 2018
These weirdos are what was once average. The human family unit has gotten smaller.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 20, 2018
Search on their name, there are tons of articles on these Catholic creepers.

From this article in 2016: [https://ccli.org/2016/07/how-this-mom-of-13-lives-out-humanae-vitae/]

Quote:
When our boys are around no baby goes unnoticed, no small child is ignored and the thought of holding their own precious gift one day is something they all look forward to experiencing. As stated in Humanae Vitae, “children are the supreme gift of marriage and contribute in the highest degree to their parents’ welfare.”

Note that she doesn't say when the boys are outside playing no baby goes unnoticed and no small child is ignored....
In other words the older kids are babysitters, of course. How fun to spend their childhood parenting! How very 1910 of them!
April 21, 2018
freya
Search on their name, there are tons of articles on these Catholic creepers.

From this article in 2016: [https://ccli.org/2016/07/how-this-mom-of-13-lives-out-humanae-vitae/]

Quote:
When our boys are around no baby goes unnoticed, no small child is ignored and the thought of holding their own precious gift one day is something they all look forward to experiencing. As stated in Humanae Vitae, “children are the supreme gift of marriage and contribute in the highest degree to their parents’ welfare.”

Note that she doesn't say when the boys are outside playing no baby goes unnoticed and no small child is ignored....
In other words the older kids are babysitters, of course. How fun to spend their childhood parenting! How very 1910 of them!

Yeah, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about that. Primates, including chimps, bonobos, gorillas, gibbons, orangutans, and Rhesus monkeys all use the older kids to babysit the younger ones. It helps train them for parenthood, which I know is a dirty thought in this forum, but it works for evolution.
April 21, 2018
skyeyes
Yeah, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about that. Primates, including chimps, bonobos, gorillas, gibbons, orangutans, and Rhesus monkeys all use the older kids to babysit the younger ones. It helps train them for parenthood, which I know is a dirty thought in this forum, but it works for evolution.

Forced parenting has turned more than one person CF. I feel sorry for people who had that experience. But there's probably less parental regret among breeders who have had real experience with children before reproducing. (And I'd hate for the latter argument to be a reason for exposing all children to the experience of childrearing - it would be unnecessary torture to anyone who already knows they are CF.)
April 21, 2018
yurble
skyeyes

Forced parenting has turned more than one person CF. I feel sorry for people who had that experience. But there's probably less parental regret among breeders who have had real experience with children before reproducing. (And I'd hate for the latter argument to be a reason for exposing all children to the experience of childrearing - it would be unnecessary torture to anyone who already knows they are CF.)

A little bit of forced parenting is good but when people have more kids than they can handle and then make their older kids de facto parents it becomes problematic. Those boys deserve a childhood. It is reasonable for a parent to have an age appropriate child watch a younger sibling from time to time because the parent runs an errand, etc. It isn't reasonable to expect a child to always take a younger child to play with him/her or be expected to always pick up the baby. The kids are at different developments and it is just an excuse to pawn the kid off, an older kid finds a toadler just as boring as an adult does. Either extreme is unhealthy: expecting kids to always take care of younger siblings or not ever exposing children to any responsibility.
April 21, 2018
cfdavep
I thought it was one of those huge adoption stories, but nope they are all their own. The commenters are disgusted with them. After 8 of them how would the husband know he was even "in there" Ewww

Even adopting that many would be questionable. There are infertile couples who want to adopt, and I say bully for them for stepping to the plate instead of resorting to irresponsible infertility treatments, but it seems those couples are often made to wait while those who adopted before are always allowed to adopt more. The adoption system screws over certain couples in favor of others.

In a thread a few months ago we discussed a story about a couple who had been allowed to adopt numerous special-needs children. Needless to say, the family's lives sucked for lack of money... Here's that story: Couple adopts 20+ special-needs kids
April 21, 2018
kman
In a thread a few months ago we discussed a story about a couple who had been allowed to adopt numerous special-needs children. Needless to say, the family's lives sucked for lack of money... Here's that story: Couple adopts 20+ special-needs kids

This was sad, all of those young adopted girls having one or more babies at a young age. Duh with brats
April 22, 2018
skyeyes

Primates, including chimps, bonobos, gorillas, gibbons, orangutans, and Rhesus monkeys all use the older kids to babysit the younger ones. It helps train them for parenthood, which I know is a dirty thought in this forum, but it works for evolution.

I thought humans were supposed to be smarter than chimps, gorillas, monkeys, etc. Yes, taking care of much younger brother turned me off of fatherhood.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login