Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1k a month allowance is not enough

Posted by Techie 
1k a month allowance is not enough
May 04, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-slamming-beverly-hills-teen-5k-monthly-allowance-005020912.html

Yahoo Lifestyle

15-year-old says her $1,000 monthly allowance makes her 'feel like a peasant'

A Beverly Hills teen who calls herself “a princess” is furious at her mother for slashing her monthly $5K allowance.

Fifteen-year-old Nicolette, who appeared on the Dr. Phil show Tuesday, has lived a lavish California childhood — a closet full of Chanel, Gucci, and Céline, personal drivers, exercise trainers, and her own credit card with zero limit. “Some months, her credit card bills would be $10K,” her mother, Nina, told Dr. Phil. “I just paid the bill.”

Nicolette says that in an ideal world, she would want her mom to give her $10,000 a month in allowance.

This is awesome. 10K a month in an "ideal" world. Love it
Re: 1k a month allowance is not enough
May 04, 2018
14.7% of Americans earn more than $120k annually (before taxes), and that's not even considering the rest of the world. Her breeders aren't doing her any favors, although I suppose with people with that much wealth, reality never really comes to smack them in the face, much as they deserve it.
May 04, 2018
Supposedly, Federal Poverty level, for 1 person is $12,140: https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/federal-poverty-level-FPL/ Now, that includes all expenses. I personally think that Princess should try to survive on 12K per year, even if the roof over her head is paid. I have no issues with people being wealthy, but it seems to me, a little bit of contrast would do Princess more good than bad.

Depending on which part of USA one lives in, 120K per year is not all that uncommon. Where I live, an optometrist with his or her own practice clears 200K without too much trouble. With that said, a good majority of people who earn that, they did not get there overnight. Education and some experience are usually necessary to obtain such income.

I do think that breeders here maybe are seeing some light by cutting the allowance to Princess. Maybe they will help her develop ambition and she will actually out-earn her parents.
May 04, 2018
She'll be the next wealthy kid to get in trouble as did Ethan Couch and then invoke the "affluenza" defense. Just wait and see.
May 04, 2018
Techie
Depending on which part of USA one lives in, 120K per year is not all that uncommon. Where I live, an optometrist with his or her own practice clears 200K without too much trouble. With that said, a good majority of people who earn that, they did not get there overnight. Education and some experience are usually necessary to obtain such income.

120K with valuable skills, living in an urban area, is not so unusual. But 120K after taxes, and after paying for the cost of living? Rather unusual. An allowance of 120K is effectively that, so probably more comparable to a salary of 300k+. And she's also getting her credit card paid, without it coming from her allowance, so...

There's a reason they say that it takes 3 generations to go from rags to riches to rags. Those who never worked for the money only know how to squander it.
May 04, 2018
Hate to have anything to do with her. pity the boy who goes out with her.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 04, 2018
Dear Princess: Many Americans in full time positions EARN less than $60K per year, doing what is known as work. This abstract notion usually requires being someplace for a certain period of time and completing assigned tasks. Sometimes it involves working with people you might not like; occasionally your supervisor is a jerk. The work might be difficult, dirty, tiring, or boring, but it would give you someplace to wear all those designer items previously purchased with your "entitlement allowance." I think the upside would be to illustrate how some people struggle to afford luxuries you take for granted. It might also expose you to people who sometimes struggle to afford the basics, like food, housing, and medical care. You should consider trying it.
Tiquer
May 04, 2018
When you consider that this princess is getting this much money after tax, after all basic expenses paid plus an unlimited credit card, she is doing very very well in life, compared to many people.

Most people pay about 40-60% of their income on shelter costs, food and transportation and have the remainder for pursuits such as this young woman enjoys.

Low income people are experiencing such tight budgets that any luxuries or even covering their costs are unlikely week to week.
Her weekly budget is my monthly budget, except that I must cover all costs including housing, utilities, transportation, food, medication, and more.
I have multiple disabilities, work part-time, am self-employed part-time and applied for an additional job this week.

I have trouble summoning up any empathy for this woman's plight.
May 06, 2018
I would very much enjoy this woman having to be forced to live as I did as a teen, in a half-converted school bus in someone's backyard.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 07, 2018
craftyzits
I would very much enjoy this woman having to be forced to live as I did as a teen, in a half-converted school bus in someone's backyard.

Or simply make her reside in an apartment in Compton. Or Watts. :-)
May 09, 2018
It might be different if this income was guaranteed for life but chances are things are only going to go downhill for this teen. Since her mother works all the time I highly doubt this teen will move out and have a chauffeur and $10,000 a month in disposable income after all her lavish living expenses. Likely she will live with her mother well into her 20's and won't change her spending habits.
May 09, 2018
Or simply make her reside in an apartment in Compton. Or Watts. :-)

On minimum wage with food stamps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login