'Inclusive" cheerleading policy rolled out at NJ High school
May 09, 2018
High school is busy preparing specual sneauwflakes for the real world with all of its inclusion! Now, everyone can be a cheerleader which means the standards will have to be lowered for the lowest common denominator each year. No coordination or gymnastics ability, it is okay, they'll just clap their hands and scream:

link: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/inclusive-cheerleading-policy-rolled-out-at-high-school-after-parent-complained-child-missed-the-cut/ar-AAwYovL
Re: 'Inclusive" cheerleading policy rolled out at NJ High school
May 10, 2018
I'm surprised to see inclusivity and cheerleading in the same sentence, because cheerleading has always seemed like a sexist exercise to me. A bunch of girls cheer on a bunch of guys who play sports, instead of having their own sports team with gymnastics, dancing, or whatever.
plus, I'm extremely doubtful that the activity is much less of an exclusionary popularity contest than it was WAY back in my day?
May 11, 2018
What if someone gets hurt becuz of a snowflakes lack of ability? Standing on the side clapping....they'll complain they're bored next, and feel stupid and it won't be that 'inclusive' after all.

What are we teaching kids? What if you interview for a job, and don't get picked? What if you want a date and get rejected?

I never was on any team, but I didnt try out either. Chances are I wouldnt have made the cut. I never understood how other kids got good at stuff before they made the team and had a coach to make them better. But why would I demand to be on a team? I bet moomie just wants some 'me time' while kid is at practice, or is living a dream out in her kids life.
May 11, 2018
Why even have try-outs then? The mom should've asked for no try-out for kid, since they are meaningless. Also, part of the cut process is becuz the coach doesnt want the burden of trying to help 60 kids in an hour after school, but maybe 20 is easier to do. So you pick the 20 best talents.
I would have been MORTIFIED if my mother would have complained about me not making a cut for anything.

The style of modern parenting seems to be that if a kid isn't included, the parents will bully their way in. Not a good life lesson.
May 12, 2018
Yours truly remembers a news story about some high school trying this same policy back in the 1990s. It's nothing new.

Frankly, this activity is little more than a spectacle on the sidelines anyway, so such policies make little difference. After a student's high school graduation, employers and universities don't much care that the student had been a cheerleader.
kman
Yours truly remembers a news story about some high school trying this same policy back in the 1990s. It's nothing new.

Frankly, this activity is little more than a spectacle on the sidelines anyway, so such policies make little difference. After a student's high school graduation, employers and universities don't much care that the student had been a cheerleader.

The oddest thing is when people tell me that cheerleading is a "sport."

Sorry... cheering, carrying on, and yelling for other people to do things isn't a sport. If we classify what they do as a sport, than I suppose my own mother was a sports participant as well many years ago, when she repeatedly yelled at me to mow the lawn.

As far as the cheerleading squad being "inclusive," just remember, the more "inclusive" an organization is, the more it is diluted, the more it loses it's original meaning. A similar analogy is the Boy Scouts who are now accepting girls. I look at that move and think, "Well what's the point of the organization?"

It doesn't matter what the organization is--if there are no standards or qualifications, it's not really an organization. If everyone can be a member, what's the point?
I think the argument for cheerleading being a sport is that is requires much more skill and athleticism than it did in the past. Now they have to be professional dancers, not just pretty girls who yell and shake pom poms. Some cheerleading squads are not associated with a sports team and compete with each other. In this case it might be a sport, I don't know.

IMHO some people get way too upset about cheerleading and beauty contests. If someone has the time, money, and energy and wants to spend it on that who cares? It's their life. Of course I'm talking about adults or at least teenagers, not little sprogs being pushed into it by their loser moos. And I agree parents who demand their kids be accepted into groups they are not qualified for totally suck.
ondinette
I think the argument for cheerleading being a sport is that is requires much more skill and athleticism than it did in the past. Now they have to be professional dancers, not just pretty girls who yell and shake pom poms. Some cheerleading squads are not associated with a sports team and compete with each other. In this case it might be a sport, I don't know.

IMHO some people get way too upset about cheerleading and beauty contests. If someone has the time, money, and energy and wants to spend it on that who cares? It's their life. Of course I'm talking about adults or at least teenagers, not little sprogs being pushed into it by their loser moos. And I agree parents who demand their kids be accepted into groups they are not qualified for totally suck.

I would consider some forms of cheerleading to be a part of the arts rather than sport. If people want to spend their time and energy doing it, that's fine. Should taxpayers fund it? I guess if we're funding sports we have to fund that, too. Philosophically I am not sure that we should be funding either.
May 13, 2018
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XAXCM3JtU2c
May 13, 2018
I did several sports including cheer-leading when in high school.
Cheer-leading was at least as active or more so than several sport teams in which I was a participant such as archery and badminton.
May 14, 2018
My school had a cheer-leading squad and a dance team. The cheerleaders competed and won quite a few awards, were gymnasts and great at stunts. The teacher who sponsored both groups purposely made the dance team more inclusive.

I loved to dance and tried out the year I moved to the school for the dance team. The issue is people who have no dance experience take weeks to pick up a routine that an experienced dancer picks up in a few hours of practice. Add to this practicing outside from 8-12 on weekdays in a hot Midwest summer (90 degrees plus) due to the large size of the team. And we all had to stay and practice together until everyone knew the routine.
May 15, 2018
dr L talked about this today. equally horrified and the creation of sneuflaykes. yeay, she used the term. she thought the parents might have been mortified by the sobbing little bint, but nooo...

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
twocents
dr L talked about this today. equally horrified and the creation of sneuflaykes. yeay, she used the term. she thought the parents might have been mortified by the sobbing little bint, but nooo...

Hypothetically, can you imagine having to face anyone after mommy got you on the team?

I'd be mortified... but this person obviously has no qualms.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login